Author Topic: Under Debate: Marriages  (Read 15580 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Under Debate: Marriages
« Topic Start: May 23, 2017, 10:36:23 PM »
Summary: I triple-checked, Vita, this was not on the Frequent list!

Description: Battlemaster is a medieval sim. There are game mechanics to support war, trade, tourney's, raiding, and religions. And yet there is no game mechanic to support one of the biggest parts of medieval life: marriages. Whether it be for love or the far more usual political/economic advantage, marriage was without doubt a matter of pinnacle importance and I believe adding a mechanic to support it would not only fit the milieu, but deepen the game. What I envision could be simple: Two people in the same region select from a menu in the actions tab, same as they would duels, instead there is a wedding option. It could also be complex...like a new thing that only priests can do by going into the religion tab, selecting two names from a dropdown menu denoting characters in the same region, and sending a wedding request to both parties who, upon agreeing, are wed at next turnchange. An update goes into their family history "Sonso married Suchnsuch." This would be a permanent thing, till death do us part. And only the deletion or death of a character could annul it...much like in the middle ages.

Benefits: Roleplay, fits milieu, potentially adds extra value to priests if you go that route

Drawbacks: I am bad at this. All of my ideas are perfect.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:40:38 PM by Wimpie »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"