Author Topic: Best Unique Item Names!  (Read 21825 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Best Unique Item Names!
« Topic Start: July 25, 2017, 05:28:40 PM »
Wimpie is right, each element of a unique item name is randomly generated (though there are a few influencing factors such as the world you're on, the region you're in et cetera). Probably more than a year ago, I started adding historical character names to the unique item list, to add some potential roleplay depth. Many months ago, I started splitting names to only be used on the continent most associated with that character name; the exceptions are the War Island, Far East Island, and Atamara associated character names, which are available on all islands. Many months ago, I also added and/or split original realms of a continent, and most famous/influential realms of a continent, to be associated with only that continent. I also added code for each living realm to possibly be used in unique item names. Extra descriptive words were also added (weapon names, references to BM religions et cetera).

Nosferatus is also right, there have been manually-created unique items in the past. But only as part of GM roleplay interactions, such as the Zuma creating 3 religious artifacts for SA on Dwilight, or the most recent invasion corrupting the body parts of nobles slain by daimons on BT into disturbing/daimonic unique items.

I'm not inclined to manually create unique items based upon forum requests. Over a year/many months ago, I also increased chance of acquiring a unique item on each island, and having watched battle reports since then, I think each island has plenty of unique items with in-game references between historical character names, regions, original realms, famous realms, and living realms.