Author Topic: Best Unique Item Names!  (Read 21954 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Best Unique Item Names!
« Reply #15: July 25, 2017, 06:01:23 PM »
I'm not inclined to manually create unique items based upon forum requests. Over a year/many months ago, I also increased chance of acquiring a unique item on each island, and having watched battle reports since then, I think each island has plenty of unique items with in-game references between historical character names, regions, original realms, famous realms, and living realms.

That's exactly what inspired me to do the request, but i agree there is more then enough.

The advantage of these kind of requests however, is the presence of an already written background story, which unique items now drastically lack.
Perhaps we don't need a background on the items, and their use alone by noblemen creates a story, but it is usually not documented.
These items have names which only rarely holds value to the players IG.
A request guarantees that it holds value to at least one player, and the available background story will create much more potential for it to have value for others.
Background is important for BM's roleplay environment and is very inspiring for others to add more in different ways.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog