Author Topic: Best Unique Item Names!  (Read 21701 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Best Unique Item Names!
« Reply #15: July 25, 2017, 06:01:23 PM »
I'm not inclined to manually create unique items based upon forum requests. Over a year/many months ago, I also increased chance of acquiring a unique item on each island, and having watched battle reports since then, I think each island has plenty of unique items with in-game references between historical character names, regions, original realms, famous realms, and living realms.

That's exactly what inspired me to do the request, but i agree there is more then enough.

The advantage of these kind of requests however, is the presence of an already written background story, which unique items now drastically lack.
Perhaps we don't need a background on the items, and their use alone by noblemen creates a story, but it is usually not documented.
These items have names which only rarely holds value to the players IG.
A request guarantees that it holds value to at least one player, and the available background story will create much more potential for it to have value for others.
Background is important for BM's roleplay environment and is very inspiring for others to add more in different ways.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 25, 2017, 06:56:17 PM »
Why not invent a backstory for the existing items? When you come across an item, express giddiness at discovering the long-lost crown jewels or your realm. Or a dead realm's crown jewels, allowing you to pass as their successor. Or some ancient family heirloom. Or a sacred religious item.

It's much easier, I think, to create backstories for existing items than to create items for backstories.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 25, 2017, 07:22:35 PM »
Why not invent a backstory for the existing items? When you come across an item, express giddiness at discovering the long-lost crown jewels or your realm. Or a dead realm's crown jewels, allowing you to pass as their successor. Or some ancient family heirloom. Or a sacred religious item.

It's much easier, I think, to create backstories for existing items than to create items for backstories.

True, and i did that for a few items, but most of the time it doesn't happen.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 10, 2018, 11:11:37 PM »
Just picked this one up from a dead champion:  :D

Shiny Chain Mail of Nudists
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 11, 2018, 09:04:56 AM »
On Beluterra I really enjoy holding the Morningstar of Rila's Impaled Head (or something along those lines, need to collect it from the advie I gave it to for repair), and I'm waiting to whip out the Staff of Angmar (as Drawulf is the Judge and one of the founding nobles of Angmar!) and the Wicked Nose of the Colonies (as my family is from the Colonies and the family home is located in Outer Tilog in Hilly Holes). I wish I had the time to build up some backstory for them.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 14, 2018, 04:54:16 PM »
Arthion Eyolf Serpentis has the best item of all ... the majestic... Mediocre Warhammer.

But... my adv just found the Sturdy Chainmail of Perleone. I need to find someone from Perleone... or someone who won against Perleone.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:58:32 PM by Eduardo Almighty »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: February 15, 2018, 05:09:14 AM »
Just picked this one up from a dead champion:  :D

Shiny Chain Mail of Nudists
Could you please describe this item further?

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 15, 2018, 10:16:08 PM »
Shiny Chain Mail of Nudists   - Type Armour   - Condition 91%  - Prestige +5

Beluaterra.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:03:15 AM by Logar »
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: February 16, 2018, 12:39:40 PM »
Arthion Eyolf Serpentis has the best item of all ... the majestic... Mediocre Warhammer.

But... my adv just found the Sturdy Chainmail of Perleone. I need to find someone from Perleone... or someone who won against Perleone.

...Or someone who lost against Perleone, LOL. Give it to Kinsey!
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: February 16, 2018, 05:57:32 PM »
I meant roleplay description of how a chainmail of nudists works :P

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: February 17, 2018, 02:53:17 AM »
Maybe its made up of really big ringlets? More like a metallic fishnet bodice than actual chainmail, heh. Take it from me: fishnet garb does nothing to hide your naughty bits.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: February 17, 2018, 02:43:18 PM »
Maybe it's just super soft steel so that you can comfortably go in the nude under it? :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: February 17, 2018, 06:52:22 PM »
"Steel Without Chafe!"

For the record 'of the Nudists' was added after a nudist portal roleplay in Perleone/Ibladesh, and also in memory of the Gymnistism religion.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:54:27 PM by Vita »

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: February 18, 2018, 04:41:58 AM »
Does anyone know anything about Rila? Someone who was apparently killed by the Daimons? I possess the "Macabre Morningstar of Rila's Impaled Head" and would like to know more about the character so I can write a description for it.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: February 18, 2018, 05:35:01 AM »
Nabarl family. Of Thalmarkin. Yes, killed by daimons, I forget the details at this time.