Author Topic: region diplomacy crisis  (Read 3995 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
region diplomacy crisis
« Topic Start: May 26, 2017, 11:10:16 AM »
So i'd like some advise/complain about an issue i am facing in game concerning region diplomacy.

Fallangard is locked in by Mashad which somehow has an abysmal loyalty to Fallnagard and its allies, they hate all of them.
It must have been cause by something but i have no idea what or why.

At some point almost all nobles in Fallangard turned diplomat and courtier to try and keep the region stable while it was in Fallangards hands.
Even with regular police work control kept dropping and it was impossible to change anything considerably.
Even higher skilled diplomats from other realms started helping but to no avail.
In fact there was no visible change at all.

The region revolted to all kinds of realms back and forth and as long as itys in enemy hands Fallnagard cannot enter the region or ~8 K CS militia pop up, which is far to strong for a one region realm with 5 nobles like Fallangard.
This means Fallangard is locked in its capital unable to move anywhere.

The effect of region diplomacy in this case is so extreme that it almost completely makes war impossible for Fallangard.
Sometimes it can attack Mashad with allies or at a moment where the peasants have nearly disappeared, that way Fallangard can move onwards to other regions.
Those other regions cant be Caligan as there too, peasant militias are formed and Fallangard decimated.
As the army returns it will meet a fresh band of militia in Mashad which it has to try fighting through.

This has been going on for months now and many things have been tried.
We are out of options now and even though we already had lots of advise that didnt work i will ask for it again.
If you know how we can fix this situation please tell us.

In general i'd like to point out that diplomacy may have far to large of a role in the game.
Instead of making an interesting ' side game' , Diplomats have become extremely essential to be able to go to war.
I'd rather see the two separated as much as possible.
Allthough large realms have less problems with region diplomacy then small realms, so a certain tweak to balance things back out could already make a difference.
But perhaps i am just not getting it and no one managed to give me the correct advise on how to deal with the issue.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:37:36 AM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog