Author Topic: region diplomacy crisis  (Read 4015 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: region diplomacy crisis
« Topic Start: May 27, 2017, 02:13:42 AM »
anyway, what are you really implying here?
Should small armies of around 10K just not exist?
Go tell that to almost half of BM...
If closing atamara and western dwilight with its realms was a bad move then shutting down all these small realms in bm would mean the same thing.

PS, i don't think this is a bug.
Fallangard is allied with too many realms that are hated in Mashad, i think thats the main factor in not beeing able to keep the region once its in Fallangard's control.
But then again small realms like Fallangard usually need a few allies to be able to achieve anything.

I don't really see the comparison. Western dwilight was full of strong and populous realms. They were dynamic and they had the means to their ambitions. The North-West continuously evolved and the mid-west didn't lack stuff to do, either. Closing Atamara, on the other hand, had a positive effect, no?

These micro-states... at best they hope to be next to another micro-state, so that they can fight over a random rural? They can barely defeat peasant mobs, the slightest monster spawn threatens them, and anything with even just lvl 1 walls is beyond their reach. Nobody's talking about dev intervention to destroy them. But how much effort should be put into making unviable realms viable?

Small armies can exist and serve a point. You probably want at least 4k CS per army though, prefferably 7-8k. As long as you've got enough among all of your armies to take on basic threats. All of which depends on the regions you have, sure, but also largely in how many nobles you have and what kind of wealth distribution you've got. A realm with 800/50/50/50/50 gold per week distribution is likely to field much less of an army than one with 200/100/100/100/100/100/100/100/100 gold per week distribution.

This gives me a follow up question. Shouldn't Capital's act like shrines in that they generate loyalty to the realm that spills over into adjacent regions?

I don't think they do... could be a good thing if they did, though. Would help the small realms grow, provided they have the manpower and will to back that up.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron