Author Topic: region diplomacy crisis  (Read 4014 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: region diplomacy crisis
« Topic Start: June 04, 2017, 08:22:32 AM »
Little update:

Fallangard is getting much IG help from other diplomats, but the region revolted again after only one full day(just like the last several times) even though control was at core, a Lord appointed and the whole realm present doing police work.
I geuss Diplomats have to do their work first before the region can be taken by force?

In the 13 years I played this game i never had a situation like this.
I hate to say it but wasn't this Battlemaster?
Diplomat game is so important atm that without an army of them 'battle' will do no good.

I know Fallangard is small but Mashad is the only point from which to grow.
At this point i am very sure that a larger army wouldn't make enough of a difference to keep the region from revolting.
Even if it did, it would mean that a massive army is necessary to stay in the region, effectively keeping them from fighting as long as the diplomats need to do their work.
Either way, no matter how large your realm is you need diplomats in cases like this, or adopt your whole realm diplomacy on the opinion of peasants in a single(allthough important)  region.
In Fallangards case it would changing everything completely, either neutrality with everyone(bye bye 'battle' master) or completely switch allies for enemies.
Is that what was intended for the region diplomacy mechanics?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog