Author Topic: Help! Demoted myself from Founder of a new guild  (Read 3966 times)

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
Mods,

I did something dumb, and would love some help. I accidentally assigned myself to the rank of Elder in the new Adventurer's Guild in Montauban, and now that I'm an Elder, I cannot re-elevate myself to Founder. Any way you can switch me back?

Jang's name looks awfully similar to Jing's. Great minds think alike, I guess.

Thanks!

TT

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
There should be a 'Reaffirm yourself as Founder Title' link between the Show the guild ranks, and leave the guild.

And completely unrelatedly, I stumbled upon something neat while looking this up. You folks' know that gold that gets stolen from our chars by bandits? Apparently some of it returns to the region when the bandits are captured (purely behind-scenes, no actual reports). Who knew? :P

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
Sadly there is not:

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
And completely unrelatedly, I stumbled upon something neat while looking this up. You folks' know that gold that gets stolen from our chars by bandits? Apparently some of it returns to the region when the bandits are captured (purely behind-scenes, no actual reports). Who knew? :P

Cool! wouldn't be nice to give the local lord a notification?
Perhaps even give an indication of how much gold is taken.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
It'd be possible to create a delayed event that sends a notification to the lord about 'captured bandits' and reporting the gold recovered (again, only a portion of the amount lost) a few turns after the gold is lost to bandits. Please create a feature request on the bugtracker about this.

McTang, I'll have to look into this more, to figure out why you are not provided the link. :) Continue to visit the guild and see if it shows up, in the meantime.

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
Thanks Vita!

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Fix is on the way!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
On a similar note, in another guild we had a founder demoted  to steward somehow when the steward abandoned his position. the founder was unable at the time or unaware of how to regain founder rank and was unable to set up a successor to the founder title or a new steward or however that works. he left the game and now the guild is left with elders but no steward or founder. is there a way to regain, reappoint or elect these ranks, and if not could such be implemented?
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I am not sure what you mean with 'steward'.

Only the founder (as in, the exact character that created the guild) has the ability to reclaim his founder rank (rank n°1). No one else will ever be able to claim rank n°1. Only (s)he will get the link to be reaffirmed as founder.

There is, however, another functionality. If Founder leaves (rank 1) and you only hold elder rank 5 (so rank 2,3,4 are left unused), you can reclaim the highest rank position.
What this means is:
  • Ranks 2,3,4 get deleted
  • Your rank, rank 5, is made rank 2

I think you're looking for this option.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
To better clarify Wimpie's information, if you are the highest-ranked member in a guild, with no one else holding a higher rank above you, you can reclaim the above membership ranks. It removes all the ranks above you (except Founder), and makes your current rank #2, along with anyone else in that rank.

As Wimpie said, the #1 founder position isn't removed (so that they could return as founder, had they not deleted). And if you're the highest-ranked and #2 position, there's nothing to reclaim. So it's really for any members ranked #3 or lower, with empty titles above them in the guild, secret society, or religion. The link is found on the Guild Members page.

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
Thanks for the fix Wimpie! Next time I'm in a region that houses the guild I'll give it a look to see if the option is available

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
It's not live yet. I'll post here when it is. I expect sometime later today.

EDIT: Fix is on live server now.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 01:36:34 AM by Vita »