Author Topic: Official Akkan hate thread  (Read 20746 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Official Akkan hate thread
« Topic Start: May 30, 2017, 10:52:17 AM »
The invasion is getting boring, i agree.
The unpredictability of akkan doesn't seems to fit in the invasion 'end game' , but more for a grand entree.

However remember that the players influence their abilities.
The amount of sharing and cooperation between human realms is often dramati.
militarily its bad but at least things get achieved.
Whats worse is the lack of sharing crucial knowledge on the daimons or past events.
Important stuff happening in one realm often doesn't get shared with other realms.
Any important knowledge on the daimons and their nature is either forgotten or kept secret.
It might be done on purpose, by characters who believe they are better of themselves by not sharing.
But most of all i think its lethargy and carelessness.

Either way i think the point of the invasions is to survive as long as possible, desperately trying to hang on or adapt.
The moment where the attacks dont seem to be life threatening anymore is perhaps where it gets boring.
You know its about end and especially akkans attacks are just annoying, not exciting.

I remember the invasion with monsters undead and daimons all with their own leaders, rulers and powers.
It felt like an epic struggle between powers all greater then humanities.
It created an interesting game situation where human realms choose sides, fighting with the monsters or undead for example against the other parties.
In the end they appeared to be all on the same side, which was a bit lame.
I'd love to see an invasion like this again though, but this time one of the (4) sides could win.
If one of the three invasion forces win they could keep a part of Beluaterra occupied untill humanity manages to finally cleasnse the island of their presence.
Without teleporting and other extremely unpredictable events, the human forces have something to look out for they can create somewhat of a plan.

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog