Author Topic: Official Akkan hate thread  (Read 20736 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Official Akkan hate thread
« Reply #15: June 01, 2017, 01:00:19 AM »
Wounds improving and worsening is not necessarily a bug... I mean, there could be one. My own character on Dwi was wounded many days ago, and then it got serious, and then normal, and then serious again, and now I'm still wounded and about to lose my position. There might be a bug... but it's also entirely possible we just got unlucky.
This. It could also be that the wounding rates need adjusted.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 01, 2017, 02:34:37 AM »
Well in Westgard people seem to get wounded quite a lot and for rather long periods of time. Longer than I seem to remember being normal.

Could be bad luck, though. Or the type of units we fight. Or a number of things, I guess. It doesn't really feel broken at this point, but worse than I thought remembering.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 11, 2017, 02:16:36 PM »
We are also getting more and more upset players in Gotland about certain aspects of the invasion.
They also believe things are out of balance, annoying and boring.

It seems completely impossible to defeat certain daimon forces in battle while those forces don't really seem to be out to defeat individual realms.
As such force could easily take any capital.
It doesn't feel like where at war but just teased by an impossible enemy who forces us not to fight but rather preform TO's all the time(which is basically waiting and clicking on preform TO), its like an annoying, giant bully pushing over our sand castle every time we finish it.

We just fought the hoodlooms: 18K daimons vs ~ 25K humans, who killed more then a thousand men in their first charge.
They inflicted 50.000 hits in the first battle round and wiped off a superior force in one or two battle rounds, wounding almost everyone.
It required allot of coordination and time to get that force together with other allies.
Sure better settings could have been used by the humans, but no matter what settings would have been used, the humans would have been smashed.

I also had hoped to see more of an interaction with the roleplays concerning Jomorosh, they seem to be ignored.
Perhaps Vita isnt getting enough time to play the daimons by him self?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Vivalas

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 14, 2017, 11:01:48 PM »
We are also getting more and more upset players in Gotland about certain aspects of the invasion.
They also believe things are out of balance, annoying and boring.

It seems completely impossible to defeat certain daimon forces in battle while those forces don't really seem to be out to defeat individual realms.
As such force could easily take any capital.
It doesn't feel like where at war but just teased by an impossible enemy who forces us not to fight but rather preform TO's all the time(which is basically waiting and clicking on preform TO), its like an annoying, giant bully pushing over our sand castle every time we finish it.

We just fought the hoodlooms: 18K daimons vs ~ 25K humans, who killed more then a thousand men in their first charge.
They inflicted 50.000 hits in the first battle round and wiped off a superior force in one or two battle rounds, wounding almost everyone.
It required allot of coordination and time to get that force together with other allies.
Sure better settings could have been used by the humans, but no matter what settings would have been used, the humans would have been smashed.

I also had hoped to see more of an interaction with the roleplays concerning Jomorosh, they seem to be ignored.
Perhaps Vita isnt getting enough time to play the daimons by him self?

This. It's one thing when human realms don't coordinate. It's another when the combined armies of 3 realms get decimated (one combat realm was 1000 human casualties vs 50 daimons). I was very mad about this since it was one of those.... "What?" moments. At the very least change the CS to be a more accurate indicator of the Daimon's strength if they absolutely need to be that OP.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 15, 2017, 03:08:53 PM »
Daimon cavalry has always been OP, and giving them an appropriate CS is likely no easy task.

I remember when they first appeared... they'd be thrown over the walls every turn, which resulted in them getting their charge bonus every turn. I believe they have been seriously nerfed since, because the destruction was horrifying.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 15, 2017, 04:11:00 PM »
Nope, I still think they still get their charge bonus or haven't been nerfed(enough), as despite having to go through three lines of troops it kept doing that 50,000 spread damage that wipes out 100 man units in a single turn of combat.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 15, 2017, 07:38:42 PM »
Maybe the humans are just not fighting the daimon units correctly.
either way, the over powered units aren't the main point.
The main source of frustration is the sense of stagnation in this 'final'  part of the invasion.
There isnt much happening anymore expect the occasional annoying attacks that set us back having to TO the same regions again.
Interesting things start to develop among human realms and the daimons ruin it by a couple of hit and runs.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #22: June 16, 2017, 12:16:47 AM »
They are DAIMONS, supernatural beings from Hell itself that are literally made of magic. Human realms need to get their act together.

Of course, I do love the infighting/distrust. That's realism for you.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 16, 2017, 12:36:08 AM »
Once again, its not an issue of human realms not trying or acting together. The three northern realms were able to coordinate and march over a weeks worth of travel, have more CS and get wiped by one overpowered unit. Other realms that wanted the help could not because they have giant waves of rogues just taking over regions and not stopping. Playing the whole "oh its finally clear to retake this region that we need so we don't starve" game over and over isn't fun after we've been doing it for about a year now.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 16, 2017, 08:26:25 AM »
Once again, its not an issue of human realms not trying or acting together. The three northern realms were able to coordinate and march over a weeks worth of travel, have more CS and get wiped by one overpowered unit. Other realms that wanted the help could not because they have giant waves of rogues just taking over regions and not stopping. Playing the whole "oh its finally clear to retake this region that we need so we don't starve" game over and over isn't fun after we've been doing it for about a year now.

Also, it doesn't help if there's someone flying in a city, starting a new realm with Daimons, being distrusted by literally everyone and then start attacking other human realms.

Yeah, some human realms need to get their act together  ;D
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 16, 2017, 02:44:55 PM »
Nope, I still think they still get their charge bonus or haven't been nerfed(enough), as despite having to go through three lines of troops it kept doing that 50,000 spread damage that wipes out 100 man units in a single turn of combat.

I assure you, they were quite nerfed since their first appearance in the third invasion.  ;)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 17, 2017, 04:51:49 PM »
The Daimons should just disappear with a resounding "POP" and then have a continent-wide message saying, "We will be back unless ya'll get your act together and do this, this and then this."

Then just leave Beluaterra in peace for the next two years while you cook up something realllllly good. Maybe something different than Daimons this time. They are scared off enough players from Beluaterra by now.

End the invasion  :-X
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Purrcious

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 17, 2017, 05:23:36 PM »
tbf, Spindel enjoys the invasion, it's frustrating but it's different from EC. But that's probably because I'm new  ;D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:25:27 PM by Purrcious »
Calm like a Tiger, Quick like a Cheetah, Fierce like a Lion,
Silent like a Puma, Agile like a Jaguar, Lazy like a House Cat!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 18, 2017, 01:44:58 AM »
I don't think dramatic finales are a forte of the invasions, in general.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #29: June 19, 2017, 05:38:25 PM »
Also, it doesn't help if there's someone flying in a city, starting a new realm with Daimons, being distrusted by literally everyone and then start attacking other human realms.

Yeah, some human realms need to get their act together  ;D

Indeed, fear my awesome attack of 30 archers. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and Despair!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"