Author Topic: Rejected: Inflitrator Regional Influence Lowering  (Read 3023 times)

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
Title: Infiltrator Regional Influence Lowering
Summary: Basically allow infiltrators to lower realm control/loyalty in a region by killing influential peasants.
Details: What this is intended to do is make infiltrators deadlier political tools. In the 'Infiltrate' menu, they get an option to lower a regions loyalty/sympathy to any realm on the continent by assaulting a list of peasants. This would be based on the actual sympathy/loyalty values. If Realm A has a lot of influence on Region A, Realm B has average, and Realm C has low, an Infiltrator would have different options to lower loyalty/sympathy.

The following options would be available based on loyalty/sympathy values in quarters (25% for option 1, 50% for option 2, etc):
Popular Farmer - Risk: Low
Will remove at maximum 10% loyalty/sympathy.

Notable Merchant - Risk: Medium Low
Will remove at maximum 20% loyalty/sympathy.

Wealthy Merchant - Risk: Medium
Will remove at maximum 40% loyalty/sympathy.

Minor Noble - Risk High
Will remove at maximum 80% loyalty/sympathy.

These options would be available in ALL regions except capitals. I will leave it up to the debs to decide the actual risk vs skill formula IF this is approved.

Each region, the infiltrator would get a dropdown menu of every realm that has a loyalty/sympathy affect on that region.

Just like assaults, there is a chance the target will survive based on skill vs risk. If the target survives, there is a 50% chance that region loyalty/sympathy would instead be boosted.

When the target is attacked, a regional report message will be sent, saying something along the lines of: 'A minor noble was killed in (region name). The guards have no suspects but it was made clear the murder was based upon the noble's supportive views towards (realm name).'

This would obviously be subject to change based upon the target, the outcome and whether or not the infiltrator was captured.

Benefits: This would make infiltrators more akin to the assassins they are supposed to be, and open up renevues of warfare and gameplay.

Possible Downsides or Exploits: Not that I could think of. We already have regions rebelling of their own accord, this would simply make infiltrators a more powerful force.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:28:24 AM by Vita »
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
We also already have Priests and Diplomats being able to calm or badmouth realms.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Attano

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
But they don't stab :P

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I feel ya! Stabbing for the win.

My personal feeling on the FR:

I wouldn't want to make the infiltrator too OP. They already have a lot of options to hurt production, militia, walls, nobles. Probably for a reason that they can't really touch sympathy/loyalty yet.

I do like the example you give, the different risk levels etc. But just not sure on infiltrators touching more than they already can for balancing reasons. That's something I'd like Vita or Delvin's input on.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: FR: Inflitrator Regional Influence Lowering
« Reply #4: June 01, 2017, 06:34:55 AM »
I would say have it affect realm control: magistrates keep drowning in their morning cereal and the realm has nobody to exercise control.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 01, 2017, 01:12:49 PM »
That would seem more balanced if the scale was from 2-10 or 2-15, rather than 10-80. 80 point loyalty drop in one action? That's way stronger than anything else that exists.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Attano

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 02, 2017, 05:48:52 AM »
I would say have it affect realm control: magistrates keep drowning in their morning cereal and the realm has nobody to exercise control.
Just thought of that, thanks.

That would seem more balanced if the scale was from 2-10 or 2-15, rather than 10-80. 80 point loyalty drop in one action? That's way stronger than anything else that exists.
I had intended for the Minor Noble to be the equivalent of assaulting a skilled swordsman character, hence the risk level.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 02, 2017, 01:01:16 PM »
Well, you could assault a skilled swordsman King under existing mechanics, and that's not going to have any regional impacts despite the risks involved. So I'm not sure how to justify stabbing a minor noble for an 80 point drop, even if it's "risky".
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 06, 2017, 11:49:17 PM »
This, as it is, is not going to be implemented. Infiltrators' job is not to lower sympathy. As mentioned, there are other classes that do that very well.

However, it does give me a great idea for an addition to a planned new subsystem...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan