Author Topic: Wounded to Seriously Wounded in same turn  (Read 6471 times)

Derek

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Wounded to Seriously Wounded in same turn
« Topic Start: June 10, 2017, 06:28:35 AM »
Has anyone else had this experience before?  My character was wounded in battle and the first post battle message that same turn said the wounds had deteriorated and suddenly the wounds became serious.  In 10 years this hasn't happened to any of my characters before, but maybe I have just been lucky.  Trying to be a good sport, but three days later still seriously wounded, which, like being imprisoned for too long detracts from the enjoyment of the game.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Wounded to Seriously Wounded in same turn
« Reply #1: June 10, 2017, 06:34:36 AM »
I do think you can - that's also how you heal from wounded immediately after a battle too.

As far as the time, three days, it's a possibility we need to adjust the wounding code balance.

Derek

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 10, 2017, 06:38:24 AM »
Well my character is on the Colonies, so if you want to sprinkle some of that magic Beluaterran rain, I would gladly welcome it!   ;D

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 11, 2017, 01:32:32 AM »
I've had my characters wounded and imprisoned countless times and usually it's a fun little experience that lasts 1-4 days, perhaps more during imprisonment if your char can't escape.

Recently though I had one of my characters seriously wounded and slipping back and forth to wounded and seriously wounded for several days. It all lasted about a week and I think devs did something to pull the char out of this loop, if they wouldn't I think it would be infinite loop effectively locking my character away forever and ever. Of course I reported it.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 13, 2017, 07:34:44 PM »
BTW, there's been a recent livefix a day or so ago that should have had characters break out of the wounded-seriously wounded loops and start healing up. :)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 13, 2017, 08:08:49 PM »
BTW, there's been a recent livefix a day or so ago that should have had characters break out of the wounded-seriously wounded loops and start healing up. :)

Or getting worse and staying that way for longer.

Either way, the silly back-and-forth yoyoing should be over.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 14, 2017, 03:42:38 AM »

Oh great I was starting to be wounded longer than not.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 25, 2017, 12:19:29 AM »
I still have an issue with how long wounds last, I had a char out for four days on a basic wound from a winning battle. It's just too long. With the extremely wide variance in play quality from continent to continent and realm to realm losing one char for that long - I shudder to think how long a serious wound might last - can really reduce a players desire to play. If I knew, for example, that Kellan would be out of commission for five days the only reason Id really have to log in is a begrudging sense of responsibility to play Jonn.

Imo the one and only consideration the devs should have for features is "does it make the game more fun, does it make it more accessible".

Atm I think wounding is not doing that. Consequences and risks do make the game more fun but after a few days of not being able to play the thrill tends to wear off.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 25, 2017, 06:22:40 PM »
I am also watching a brand new character on a new account in one of my armies go through the same thing, wounded for days on end in their first battle. Wonder if we will see them again.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 26, 2017, 02:12:28 PM »
Yea, I'm wounded again. :(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 26, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »
http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=9114

This is still open. Not sure if it has been fixed already.

Would be good if we would have some stats on wounding messages like Webrv posted on the bug. It would help.

I agree/understand this is irritating.  :-\
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 26, 2017, 10:28:55 PM »
http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=9114

This is still open. Not sure if it has been fixed already.

Would be good if we would have some stats on wounding messages like Webrv posted on the bug. It would help.

I agree/understand this is irritating.  :-\

I'll try to do that... once I heal. XD

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 29, 2017, 02:42:40 AM »
Well my character is on the Colonies, so if you want to sprinkle some of that magic Beluaterran rain, I would gladly welcome it!   ;D
With Colonies having 1 turn change a day, chances are not bright for wound recovery compared to other islands that have 2 turns change a day. Unless you have something to heal you 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 29, 2017, 05:31:59 AM »
With Colonies having 1 turn change a day, chances are not bright for wound recovery compared to other islands that have 2 turns change a day. Unless you have something to heal you 8)
Again, this is accounted for, so its not any worse.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 29, 2017, 01:52:33 PM »
Shoulda taken the time to share those reports right away, wounded again. :(