Author Topic: Wounding on the Colonies  (Read 1906 times)

Derek

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Wounding on the Colonies
« Topic Start: June 10, 2017, 04:19:11 PM »
Is there a different algorithm for recovery from wounds on the Colonies?  What I mean is since there is only one turn per day, does the chance of success for improving from the wound increase more than on the two turn per day islands?  My character is going on Day 4 of being seriously wounded without any sign of improvement in the in-game messages, and this occurred after a "random" regular to serious wound deterioration the same turn as the initial wounding.  As the character is a realm ruler who just started a conflict with another realm, a slightly inconvenient situation (but one that would have created some good RP after the recovery) is now getting very frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, after over 10 years in the game, the Colonies are now my favorite island to play, but this inability to recover from a serious wound is the type of issue that loses new players...and considering half of the realms on the island have less than 10 nobles, maybe this issue should be looked at in a wider context of player retention and activity.  The Colonies without conflict is, to roughly quote another player in my realm, "a slow death spiral," so a tough wounding recovery system is a big detriment on an intentionally slower-paced island.

Here is the exciting transcript of my last four days:

Wounded!   (3 days, 10 hours ago)
You have been wounded during the battle in Bode Batura.

Wounds Worsening   (3 days, 10 hours ago)
personal message
Unfortunately, the helaers say your condition is deteriorating.
Your wounds have gotten infected, and they're going to have to operate soon or you could die.
Your wounds are still very serious, and you are slipping in and out of consciousness. The healers are doing their best, and say they think you will probably recover, but they cannot tell you how long it may be.

Wounds Unchanged   (2 days, 10 hours ago)
personal message
The healers have kept your condition stable, but haven't been able to make any improvements yet.
Your wounds are still very serious, and you are slipping in and out of consciousness. The healers are doing their best, and say they think you will probably recover, but they cannot tell you how long it may be.

Wounds Unchanged   (1 day, 10 hours ago)
personal message
The healers have kept your condition stable, but haven't been able to make any improvements yet.

Wounds Unchanged   (10 hours, 8 minutes ago)
personal message
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 04:53:43 PM by Derek »

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: Wounding on the Colonies
« Reply #1: June 11, 2017, 01:34:45 AM »
Almost the same thing happened to me on Dwillight, so I don't think it's different on one continent or the other.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 11, 2017, 01:44:25 AM »
I think the problem is with the Colonies' turn system. You have only been wounded 2 and a half days.
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 11, 2017, 01:47:18 AM »
Believe it or not, we did think about this.

All wounding changes on the Colonies are doubled in magnitude—so if you get better, it's like you got better twice in a row, and if you get worse, it's like you got worse twice in a row.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Derek

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 11, 2017, 01:58:36 AM »
Believe it or not, we did think about this.

All wounding changes on the Colonies are doubled in magnitude—so if you get better, it's like you got better twice in a row, and if you get worse, it's like you got worse twice in a row.

So my character has failed to improve six times while worsening twice before that?  Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket, or at least a scratch off.

Or do you mean that if she actually improves this coming turn change (not holding my breath), she will go from seriously to lightly wounded?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:11:05 AM by Derek »