Author Topic: How BM is a linear game, and thanks for that.  (Read 3323 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Only pressure to log in every day? I've played Earth: 2025 and many of the various games that it lead to, like Travian, Tribal Wars, Ogame, Ikariam, Gepolis etc. If you play in a competitive alliance like I did, then generally you are expected to be online for 14+ hours a day, every day. I know that some of the top players would pretty much sit at their computers for days on end, with audio alarms set up so they could react instantly to any attack.

I remember the 4+hours daily logging during wartime. I also know some people would share phone numbers to be called up in the middle of the night is they were attacked. That problem, however, was due to the absence of turn structure. You could save your realm pretty easily if you were in front of the computer while it was attacked, and you were screwed otherwise. The turn-based structure of BM solves that problem quite nicely.

Outside of war, however, you could truly play on 5 minutes a day. However, you could not miss a single day, ever. That's a different issue.

Who were you playing, by the way, and when? I was UnHoly, Strike Team Leader, UCN.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:44:51 PM by vonGenf »
After all it's a roleplaying game.