Author Topic: Approved: Allow wounded chars to see letters  (Read 2169 times)

Zakky

Approved: Allow wounded chars to see letters
« Topic Start: September 29, 2017, 09:48:44 PM »
Title: Allow wounded characters to see all the letters.
Summary: What the title says pretty much. Not talking about writing letters. Just being able to view all the letters despite being wounded.

Details: At the moment, you can only see a fraction of letters. Once you recover, you get 200 letters to go through or even more depending on how active your realm is and how long you've been wounded for. Also seeing some letters is worse than not reading a single letter since you only see a fraction of the conversation going on in your realm/group.

Benefits: Helps people keep up with letters and lives up to what the game is advertising for - 5-15 mins a day instead of making you go through 200 letters and want to pull your hair out.

Possible Downsides or Exploits: Not much I can think of. Maybe some people will oocly contact others to send their opinions?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:42:14 PM by Wimpie »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Allow wounded chars to see letters
« Reply #1: September 29, 2017, 10:02:58 PM »
It's already on my list.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 29, 2017, 10:07:11 PM »
Title: Allow wounded characters to see all the letters.
Summary: What the title says pretty much. Not talking about writing letters. Just being able to view all the letters despite being wounded.

Details: At the moment, you can only see a fraction of letters. Once you recover, you get 200 letters to go through or even more depending on how active your realm is and how long you've been wounded for. Also seeing some letters is worse than not reading a single letter since you only see a fraction of the conversation going on in your realm/group.

Benefits: Helps people keep up with letters and lives up to what the game is advertising for - 5-15 mins a day instead of making you go through 200 letters and want to pull your hair out.

Possible Downsides or Exploits: Not much I can think of. Maybe some people will oocly contact others to send their opinions?

Back in the days, you could have been 100% garanteed that all important people would just meet up on IRC and send whatever they couldn't ICly through there. Restricting access to messages meant their capacity to OOCly respond was greatly limited, because they weren't as aware of what they were missing.

Now, well, the IRC isn't as popular as it used to be and people aren't as hardcore as they used to be. Not sure it'd be much of an issue anymore. I wouldn't really mind this, given how it sucks to be out for many days in a row. It's nice to at least be able to peruse letters and mark those you'll want to reply to later.

Same would apply for prison.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 29, 2017, 10:08:16 PM »
Especially given that now we only have 1 character per continent, so people can't just reply to letters with their alts.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakky

« Reply #4: September 29, 2017, 11:41:53 PM »
It's already on my list.

Wimpie told me he didn't know about it. Damn it Wimpie...

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 30, 2017, 06:31:44 PM »
Wimpie told me he didn't know about it. Damn it Wimpie...

I have no idea what's on Delvin's list, as it is quite private.

Adding to that, this list must be thousand entries long, so I don't suspect it being implemented anytime soon.

Surely given the work that's already on his plate, not to mention Real Life.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)