Author Topic: Putting personal pins on the world map with comments  (Read 1641 times)

Leonid

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Summary: More flexibility in map personalization and interaction.

Details : We should have the possibility to write personal things on the map such as putting pins or little figurines that only the player can see (like armies that one would place on a strategy map in a commander tent).

For more map interaction, extemely large battles should be included in the region description; the same way that the site of large battle are named after the battle or after the codename of that battle (for that to work well, each war should be name and so the name of the battle could be like bloody battle of Caligus in the third Perdanite-Caligus war.

When hero die in battle, it should be noted permanently in the region description. As in "Here fell :  - Sir Whatisname in a valiant fight during the third Perdanite-Caligus war.

Benefits : For the pins : easier to plan and interact with the map for marshals and generals. For the region description : much more interactive map and greater connection of the player base with the game.

Possible Downsides or Exploits: For the pin : none that I can think of. A bit too much clutter to remove if we put too many pins.
For the battle description : Long descriptions considering the number of large battles. People complaining that medium battles are not written in the region description.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 07:23:54 AM by Leonid »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Please post these as separate feature requests in the appropriate forum, following the feature request guidelines.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I moved the topic here. Please read the 'Read First' in this subforum and modify your initial post to be compliant with the rules.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)