Author Topic: Sink the Colonies  (Read 31136 times)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sink the Colonies
« Reply #15: June 25, 2017, 06:38:41 PM »
1. Why not, it generated more interest in twelve hours on a weekend than most topics get in a week. If people would read between the lines... Or not even really between the lines, just past the title, it was pretty obvious that this was meant to generate discussion.

2. If everyone followed this advice Colonies population would be even lower than it is, probably by a significant margin. I am curious to see how active any realm other than OT is, and how activity in OT has trended since they roflstomped MT.

3. If you don't like my title, don't post in my thread.  8)
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 25, 2017, 06:39:41 PM »
I'm referring to Giblot.

OT is downsizing how..?
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 25, 2017, 06:41:31 PM »
1. Why not, it generated more interest in twelve hours on a weekend than most topics get in a week. If people would read between the lines... Or not even really between the lines, just past the title, it was pretty obvious that this was meant to generate discussion.

If what you're saying is, "I wrote something I didn't mean, that was deliberately inflammatory, in order to get people talking"...then that's trolling. You just declared yourself to be a troll.

That's not something we tolerate here. If you want to start discussion on a topic, then be straightforward.

Right now, what you've mainly accomplished is to get on the bad side of a lot of people, including game admins.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 25, 2017, 06:49:32 PM »
I'm referring to Giblot.

OT is downsizing how..?

Giblot was not what I'd class as recent... Would need someone in Gothica who's been there since its creation to give an idea of how old it is, then add a couple of months for when Giblot was destroyed.

I'm not much into OOC discussion about future intentions...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 25, 2017, 07:46:27 PM »
Anaris, I would actually classify it more as clickbait.

If you read the post I mean every word and its really not as bad as you make it or myself out to be.

Ive been on your bad side for a while for whatever reason, Im sorry for trying to help make your game more interesting. You should probably just ignore me if you can't resist taking everything I do or say so dang seriously. I've made my MO pretty obvious. If you don't get it just look at EC where it was before me and where it is now and smile, and relax.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 25, 2017, 07:53:35 PM »
Almost the one year anniversary of Gothica:
2016-07-07 - Inalla Fontaine Seceded from Outer Tilog and founded the realm of Gothica.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 25, 2017, 07:56:40 PM »
Right. And the fact that that was the most recent interesting thing before MT getting roflstomped is very telling.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 25, 2017, 08:02:51 PM »
Anaris, I would actually classify it more as clickbait.
It wasn't just a clickbait title that had a message explaining your actual position, but a clickbait title with several messages saying 'why not sink the Colonies?'. As Wimpie said, if you want to discuss something, *start* with that something. It's much more effective than arguing about how you presented the topic after you obfuscate your intent. What is obvious inside your head is not obvious to everyone else, until you tell them, using effective language. If you start asking why the Colonies shouldn't be sunk, people are going to answer why the Colonies should not be sunk, not start a discussion on how the OT alliance sucks and the Colonies could use improvement. Seriously, I expect better from you Dodger.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 25, 2017, 08:10:26 PM »
Right. And the fact that that was the most recent interesting thing before MT getting roflstomped is very telling.

Might have have wanted to do something about that in your realm then. We always (mostly) have interesting things going on...

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 25, 2017, 09:12:57 PM »
Yeah, Aren has not ever been in a position to do anything the entire time i was there.

/quits forums again
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:20:08 PM by JDodger »

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 25, 2017, 09:22:39 PM »
Well, when someone suddenly starts shouting rubbish about something that a lot of people like, without giving anything of substance to back it up or suggestions for perceived improvement needed, what sort of response do you expect? Sounds like you're saying "I'm not having fun here and I want others to do things to change that"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 26, 2017, 02:11:58 PM »
Outer Tilog a power? Man, things have changed. The only things I remember from it are nearly dying again and again, and requiring Tom's intervention to prevent that (townsland as capital).

Realms rise and fall. Sometimes many times. I don't think any realm on the Colonies has a geographical advantage, not a major one at least, the continent is pretty round, the cities pretty diffuse. If a set of realms dominate, it's because they've got the manpower and the know-how to do so, and so their position of power is well deserved. Especially if said realms came from so low.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:16:20 PM by Chenier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 27, 2017, 08:00:33 AM »
Or they were spared by the south, then formed a super alliance with Lukon Portion Wetham and InnerGiblothica or whatever to roflstomp and destroy Minas Thalion while Oritolon kept Aren busy. Actually pretty lame.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 27, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »
Sounds pretty crafty to me.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 27, 2017, 11:03:30 PM »
Doesnt take any craft at all to win a war like that.