Author Topic: Sink the Colonies  (Read 31120 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sink the Colonies
« Reply #30: June 27, 2017, 11:19:17 PM »
I engineered a war to destroy the most active realm on EC based on poor RP and OOC biases against CE so that we can all enjoy another few years of Perdan-Vix dominance and limited wars that can only occur with their blessing.

FTFY

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 28, 2017, 02:32:14 AM »
The war already existed. I was the one that goaded the north into finally joining starting with my first letter to the other rulers. You have no idea how hard I am working behind the scenes to try to balance things out and make the war last and provide fun for everyone. Also I dont know what FTFY means.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 28, 2017, 01:07:27 PM »
You are quite good at saying one thing and then going back on it after, aren't you? You want the colonies to be sunk, but you never wanted that. You engineered that war, but it was already there...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: June 28, 2017, 02:57:24 PM »
I figured at least one person wouldnt realize that was a fake quote. I didn't say what bartica "quoted".
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 28, 2017, 07:14:32 PM »
I've never had a character at the Colonies. This thread convinced me to make one. From the sound of it Colonies are really fun. :)

And about that quote - I don't know if it's real or not but to be honest it does sound like something Dodger would have said.  ;D

On your defense though JB, war would be happening, escalating and ending up pretty much the same way it did wether you would involve yourself in it or not, so GX going down (which is IC awesome but OOC a sad thing, as I've heard it's a really fun realm) is not on you.

And I wouldn't say that Vix-Perdan alliance will be OT of East Continent or SA alliance of EC, there's a lot of tensions inside the Southern Alliance and I'm fairly certain that there'll be a lot of fun on East Continent regardless of how the war will go, people just have to open up more to social/political play. If you create two huge monolithic power-blocks the only thing that can happen is world war between those two blocks untill one side wins, the more variables and uncertainties you add to the mix, the more outcomes you can have (other than world war between two sides untill one wins).

EDIT: sorry about offtopic, it's a thread about sinking the Colonies, not about East Continent geopolitical situaiton.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:18:02 PM by MTYL »
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 28, 2017, 07:17:01 PM »
Or they were spared by the south, then formed a super alliance with Lukon Portion Wetham and InnerGiblothica or whatever to roflstomp and destroy Minas Thalion while Oritolon kept Aren busy. Actually pretty lame.

If you just asked about this in game you could have proper answers that enhance your fun. As it is, it seems no matter what anyone says, you've decided everything that happened and hats just the way it is...

You seem to be oblivious to how very, very wrong your above statement is.
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 28, 2017, 09:54:26 PM »
I figured at least one person wouldnt realize that was a fake quote. I didn't say what bartica "quoted".

Right, shame on people who don't presume uncontested quotes to be false.

Yea, I don't think there's anything worth discussing here anymore.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 29, 2017, 01:26:55 AM »
Oh goodness. It should have been obvious dude. Relax, I mean no offense and there is nothing about you in that post. I stated a fact with no shame involved.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 29, 2017, 02:39:36 AM »
Outer Tilog a power? Man, things have changed. The only things I remember from it are nearly dying again and again, and requiring Tom's intervention to prevent that (townsland as capital).

Realms rise and fall. Sometimes many times. I don't think any realm on the Colonies has a geographical advantage, not a major one at least, the continent is pretty round, the cities pretty diffuse. If a set of realms dominate, it's because they've got the manpower and the know-how to do so, and so their position of power is well deserved. Especially if said realms came from so low.
Yes, many realms rise and fall as the time goes on.

Or they were spared by the south, then formed a super alliance with Lukon Portion Wetham and InnerGiblothica or whatever to roflstomp and destroy Minas Thalion while Oritolon kept Aren busy. Actually pretty lame.
If only a new ruler in Minas Thalion replacing Cathal, then maybe MT had chance of survival. My character kept hearing the same old same old reasons, Portion just want compensation for militia killed by MT while MT army on its way to fight Wetham. While Lukon joining in support of Portion. And when Portion say why MT just want deal with them alone, should have put all involved parties/realms and talk together. Just admit some wrongdoing, move on and rebuild, perhaps MT could have survived just doing that. Maybe even make full use of old Ash Ketchum himself, as he seems to have friends all around, much more influence than you give him credit for ;)

The difficult part about MT and Wetham war was it is due to Wetham old King assassin second character(before second character was removed from islands change). And with MT and Wetham lands being far apart distance from each other, anyone from MT or Wetham must go through Portion lands in order to get at each other :o

On the last part about Oritolon keeping Aren busy. Oritolon just want claim Abaka region from Aren in the name of its previous King, my character. Which we done successfully thanks to no less of military talents. We managed to break through up till Warmanoras before Aren bounced back from shock and awe, and restock militia at Irdalni, which caused pretty stalemate all around for both realms :(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 29, 2017, 04:50:16 AM »
You pulled a real nasty plan out for Aren, for sure. Shock and awe indeed.

Lots of reasons why Dodgers dont trust Ketchums but that is a House they respect too.

Whatever happened to Traitor King Ash in Oritolon?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:52:20 AM by JDodger »

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: July 11, 2017, 02:21:38 AM »
If only a new ruler in Minas Thalion replacing Cathal, then maybe MT had chance of survival. My character kept hearing the same old same old reasons, Portion just want compensation for militia killed by MT while MT army on its way to fight Wetham. While Lukon joining in support of Portion. And when Portion say why MT just want deal with them alone, should have put all involved parties/realms and talk together. Just admit some wrongdoing, move on and rebuild, perhaps MT could have survived just doing that. Maybe even make full use of old Ash Ketchum himself, as he seems to have friends all around, much more influence than you give him credit for ;)

I'm not going to comment on the diplomacy as I've no interest in the popular forum sport of reliving old wars to prove or disprove the rightness of the outcome. OT played a blinder and I admire their having learned lessons from previous conflicts and applied them well even if I'd have (obviously) preferred them to have stayed out of it.

The MT-Wetham war was an experiment to test several of the Senate's founding principles whilst staying faithful to them.

The war was a hangover from a declaration by King Sadi who wanted to find out whether he or Cathal was the better general (a rivalry dating back to the Lukon-Oritolon war), and there's no obvious way for Wetham or Alebad to make territorial claims against each other making it the ideal testbed.

Rian offered a white peace which Cathal rejected, then rather than fight battles he had his infil brother Robert attack a number of MT's councillors whilst still being a knight of Wetham. The Senate Law made it clear that all rulers would encourage infils to join the Assassins. That suggested a reasonable pretext to continue the war and its aims: an apology from King Rian.

Marching through Portion was always going to be risky. Not because of their strength (they had very few active players at the time) but because there's always someone who sees crossing neutral territory as an excuse to either use murderous settings or loot. And as we had a Mayhem on team at the time it was unsurprising that both happened. I decided to roll with that and fight a second limited war against Portion-Lukon so Cathal immediately took full responsibility and offered full reparations for the damage as determined by Queen Raven. It was essentially a blank cheque but who in BM ever cashes those?

In the south Oritolon had broken the triple alliance to make war on Aren and at the request of both rulers Cathal agreed that MT would stay out of the conflict. He could hardly expect anyone else to stick to the 1v1 war dynamic if MT didn't.

Before any of this kicked off I'd put a lot of thought and hard work into creating a strong defensive position which no conventional force would breach: a garrison of several hundred range 4 SF, a six month food stockpile, a full war chest with field supply via secret society meeting places, and a good balance of fully developed RCs in Alebad. The city itself produced enough gold to support MT's army and also pay the 50 gold per 100 bushels Cathal was offering for additional food shipments making the neighbouring regions disposable.

Whilst the war was MT v Lukon-Portion-Wetham it was an interesting stalemate with the occasional bombing by the Assassins (a size 4 RC should be bloody difficult to take down so no surprise there, but death of recruits could have been a problem if the campaign had been sustained) and a reasonable number of fun battles. MT took and held Windaria until certain events caused the Lord to defect. I won't say anything about that as it might still have potential for IC consequences so it's not appropriate for discussion here.

I was surprised it took OT so long to join the war but they'd taken some bruising beatings from us in our previous war because of our ranged SF and I'm guessing they held off until they had a similar weapon to deploy rather than the shock cavalry they'd used back then. The range 5 SF they now have really are an awesome weapon and were the only thing I'd chosen to ignore when planning Alebad's defences because of their rarity. The siege battle reports made for interesting reading because the defending militia garrison was impotent but fire at range 5 causes very few casualties per volley.

Cathal is now taking a break whilst I concentrate on Aoifa for a while. The Dubhaines will keep a presence in the Colonies for as long as I play BM.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: July 11, 2017, 03:28:51 AM »
Really, the stance Outer Tilog gave in game was true and the only reason we joined the battle against you was due to the refused passage rights to get to our target.

The way the range 5 was used was effective but unrealistic and dull. Hopefully something can be done about that...

Trying to say we were some mastermind in the situation really does us a disservice. We are not a complicated realm and generally just say what we mean.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: July 11, 2017, 03:59:04 AM »
Yep, if we had gotten passage through Minas to attack Aren like we wanted in the first place we surely would have stayed out of the war Minas was already engaged in. Abyss, you might have been able to talk us into allowing you access to Wetham through our lands and avoided drawing Portion (and thus Lukon) into it. Never knew why you stuck so close to them when there was a possible win/win situation there, sure it won you our first conflict, but it made you enemies in a realm known for being torture/murder happy with very long memories. :p

Also, to answer the title of the thread, sinking the Colonies would be a very bad idea. Some people just don't have the time to play two turns a day and would more than likely leave rather than immigrate to another island where they couldn't be more involved. I mean, for awhile, I only had characters in The Colonies and that's where the Abjur family is from (Hilly Holes, to be exact), I'm pretty connected to that island and it's... unique setting (particularly Outer Tilog), to the point that it flavors my non-Colonies characters, since they're all from the same Daimon worshiping crazy family.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: July 11, 2017, 10:57:28 AM »
as long as everyone is cool with realm destroying im cool, sinking the colonies was never a literal suggestion. although i did pause my lil Karl-Jagutu.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: July 11, 2017, 03:09:47 PM »
I am very anti realm destruction and it saddens me whenever it happens. Especially in cases where you know it only happened because one side was being stubborn...