Author Topic: FEI Newb seeks counsel  (Read 24028 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: FEI Newb seeks counsel
« Reply #15: July 12, 2011, 09:12:30 AM »
Ok... I'm going to regret asking, but whats the story here?

The Duchesses of Nahad and Idapur are essentially schoolgirl anime lesbians.  One of them rides on a sentient giant wolf, and there are a couple of other bits which could probably push them into magical schoolgirl anime lesbians.

I don't personally recall the cat-ears, but I stopped reading those RP's a long while ago.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 12, 2011, 09:36:37 AM »
The Duchesses of Nahad and Idapur are essentially schoolgirl anime lesbians.  One of them rides on a sentient giant wolf, and there are a couple of other bits which could probably push them into magical schoolgirl anime lesbians.

I don't personally recall the cat-ears, but I stopped reading those RP's a long while ago.

Dear Lord, I think that might be worse than Norland's stupid RP's about their leader being a beaver or chipmunk or something.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 12, 2011, 11:35:23 AM »
If you like some internal politics, Ohnar West is basically empty now. There is always room for active new nobles; you may get promoted fast.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 12, 2011, 01:57:07 PM »
It started out with cookies and girly stuff which was harmless enough but then they started making !@#$ty romance and yeah, anime catgirl stuff.

egamma

« Reply #19: July 12, 2011, 02:41:25 PM »
It started out with cookies and girly stuff which was harmless enough but then they started making !@#$ty romance and yeah, anime catgirl stuff.

Makes me wonder--are they both played by men?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 12, 2011, 03:04:44 PM »
Is this really a serious question?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #21: July 12, 2011, 07:52:24 PM »
There's a Ryo Ohki (Seriously that's the character's name. For those who don't know, that would be the cabbit spaceship from Tenchi <Whatever>) in Arcaea who uses Japanese honorifics...

Well, I mean, we gave up on strict RP form for FEI a long time ago, and it's hardly SMA so...I guess we could just throw up our hands and say "Screw it, they made Spice and Wolf into an anime for two seasons, and that's 'Medieval' enough. Let's just do something like that lol."

And so a wolfgirl appears as a pagan goddess avatar and people act greedy over gold. Well, actually that would make sense even in BM's context, as long as the pagan goddess avatar isn't actually a character but this referenced NPC entity...

egamma

« Reply #22: July 12, 2011, 07:56:34 PM »
Is this really a serious question?

Just an idle musing. You know on the internet, the 'young hot lesbian' you're flirting with is probably an man in his 40's.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 12, 2011, 08:12:27 PM »

So far as I know, yes.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 12, 2011, 10:07:23 PM »
You know on the internet, the 'young hot lesbian' you're flirting with is probably an man in his 40's.
That was kinda my point. :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 12, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
I have an adventurer in Zonasa. While the nobles who I have contacted about Unique Items have been very good at RP (realm council, dukes, lords), which generally speak well of a realm, do be aware that they have the tax set to tax anything over 150 gold. While this generally isn't that important to a Knight, what it means is that any gold that you have which is above 150 gold is taxed.  And 150 gold tax limit is very low (=bad).

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #26: July 12, 2011, 11:07:13 PM »
Haha, no it's not. It's pretty manageable no matter what position you play. If you're a military knight, then 150 gold limit only means that by tax day you must have less than 300 total in gold and bonds, preferably split 150 (+150) (I think that still works.) And honestly, if you're carrying around that much gold, you either are fielding hundreds of special forces, or aren't using your resources properly for unit and paraphernalia. Like any strategy game, resources mean nothing if they don't translate to strength.

If you're a duke or in some other position where you'd swim in gold, then you should have a secret safehouse to keep your treasure in. If you don't, you might want to reconsider how fit you are to be a greedy noble.

J-Duds

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: July 12, 2011, 11:38:58 PM »
The Duchesses of Nahad and Idapur are essentially schoolgirl anime lesbians.

:'(  Where did it all go so wrong?  Back in my day all we had was the king/prophet alluding to some private sermons once in a blue moon.  If you wanted dirty medieval gaming you played Evony. 

On topic:  I've always heard positive things about Arcaea and Zonasa has become more active since I last followed them. 
"I'm a German living in Germany running a server located in Germany on a domain registered in Germany connected to a german ISP.  US Copyright Law can kiss my ass."   -Tom

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 13, 2011, 01:34:35 AM »

And to think of how the FEI started, to end up like this...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #29: July 13, 2011, 04:00:19 AM »
I wonder if they've gotten to saying stuff like "Desu" and "Kawaii" and "Baka inu" and "Uso da" and "Ganbatte onee-chan" and that kind of stuff.

Man, I like manga and anime as much as...well, people who really like it. Even sharpening my drawing and inking skills to do some manga of my own someday. But...I will pass on seeing it in BM.