Author Topic: FEI Newb seeks counsel  (Read 24007 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
FEI Newb seeks counsel
« Topic Start: July 12, 2011, 12:25:55 AM »
So, I quite fancy starting a character in FEI somewhere. Shamefully however, I've never played Far East before. Could anyone point me in the direction of a good realm with a decent mix of life and action? That or tell me which places to avoid? I figure if I'm going to have an FE baptism of fire, it might as well be an interesting baptism of fire >.<

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: FEI Newb seeks counsel
« Reply #1: July 12, 2011, 12:57:56 AM »
Arcachon, Arcaea and Zonasa are all active, seem to have good realm councils and are fighting wars currently. Cathay, C'thonia, Kindara and OW are all involved in wars, but I couldn't say how good the realm atmosphere is. I know Cathay has a new King and seems to be shaking things up a bit.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 12, 2011, 01:30:25 AM »
Add Greater Aenilia to the list of active realms with a war on. For some reason no one seems to like them though.   ::)
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 12, 2011, 01:35:01 AM »
OW is not in a good situation right now, and neither is C'thonia.  Kindara and to a lesser extent Zonasa are marching a fair ways to fight, while C'thonia, Cathay, Arcaea, GA, Arcachon, and OW are fighting neighbors.

I, of course, would love to see you come join us in Arcaea.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 12, 2011, 01:35:33 AM »
Add Greater Aenilia to the list of active realms with a war on. For some reason no one seems to like them though.   ::)

Endless RP's about cookies, a mostly elite ruling group that seems to difficult to break into etc. Things look like they are changing now, but when a single player is Ruler, General and has one of his other characters as Duchess in the Capital, well from the outside it doesn't exactly look like a fun place.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 12, 2011, 02:43:56 AM »
If you're looking for a good place to be a solider and/or get involved in a small but growing new religion, Zonasa is the place to go.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 12, 2011, 02:48:47 AM »
Endless RP's about cookies, a mostly elite ruling group that seems to difficult to break into etc. Things look like they are changing now, but when a single player is Ruler, General and has one of his other characters as Duchess in the Capital, well from the outside it doesn't exactly look like a fun place.

Don't forget cat-eared anime lesbians.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 12, 2011, 02:59:00 AM »

How could you forget?
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 12, 2011, 04:14:18 AM »
And the giant intelligent wolf that doubles as a mount.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 12, 2011, 04:57:15 AM »

GA was once a fun place.... ALAS!  :'(
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 12, 2011, 05:14:38 AM »
I'm sure some players still find it fun. Its a bit too "silly" for me but obviously that is just my opinion.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 12, 2011, 05:26:53 AM »
Who would want to forget something like that? ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 12, 2011, 06:33:46 AM »
I love my Arcachon, but it's very chaotic.  If I was just starting out I'd be looking at Zonasa or Cathay, as even if they get into trouble they're in no danger.  All four of the Northern Realms are either taking a beating (Aenelia or Ohnar West) or in serious danger if they lose the war (Arcaea or Arcachon).

It's the mix of fire and baptism you're looking for, really, as well as what kind of character.

I like to think of the realms as quasi-historical themes:
Arcachon is Celt, the realm has very much a "horde" feel.  If you liked the Urak-Hai in LotR, you'll like Arcachon.
Arcaea is Charlemange's empire, The Darker Arthurian stories fit there, as would Game of Thrones.
Ohnar West is a republic, and that's sort of their thing.  Trading and Internal politics are big themes there.
Cathay is rebranding and I'm no expert, but I have it on good authority that it's a place for telling pennants and banners stories.
Aenelia south I'm not an expert on.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 12, 2011, 08:09:10 AM »
Don't forget dukes suiciding their huge units on raids. Aenilesbians.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 12, 2011, 09:02:10 AM »

Ok... I'm going to regret asking, but whats the story here?
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus