Author Topic: Fire and Flame - a pirate lovestory (Smiddich & Gia) EC  (Read 2738 times)

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Smiddich took the rabbit stew and picked meat off the bone. Rabbit was not his favorite, but this was hearty and hot and not unwelcome. The mead was smooth and far too drinkable.

He and Gia joshed each other over war stories, and the pups even ventured closer when they thought the pirate lord was near the end of his bowl and they might get to lick the remains. He shoved one playfully (and gingerly) away as she got too interested.

Over nearby, he heard his men joking in a ribald manner, and he pricked his ear. "Excuse me, my dear", he said, and Gia nodded as he took his leave.

His band of pirates, two in particular, were having somewhat of a joke, falling over each other in laughter.

"What's so funny?", asked Smiddich with a smile.
"Oh.. it's nothing, your lordship", said the pirate.
"No, no", said Sir Smiddich, "You will indulge me, please!"
"Only, we were joking", said the pirate, "That Lady Gia was somewhat like a cannon."
"Clad in iron", said one fellow,
"Fire at one end!", said the other with a grin,
"And if she goes off, you better get out of her way!", they both laughed, falling over each other in red faced drunkenness.

"Very funny!", laughed Smiddich, though it didn't reach his eyes.

He stepped forward and with all of his weight, lent his fist to the first fellows jaw. It cracked! and he spiraled to the ground, thoroughly unconscious.

The second fellow slipped backwards, retreating on his hands and feet as pirates scurried and Smiddich drew his sabre. Backed up against a tree, the second pirate could only gibber as the Queensman advanced on him.

His sabre in the fellows gut stopped him cold, "You shall not speak thusly of Lady Gia again. Do I make myself... perfectly... clear?", he said.

"Yes, yes, my lord, yes", moaned the pirate as Smiddich leaned on the sabre, penetrating the flesh of the fellows stomach. He left it there for several agonizing seconds before withdrawing it with disgust.

"Go about your business", he snapped, wiping the blade on a cloth before snapping the sword back into its scabbard.