Author Topic: Fire and Flame - a pirate lovestory (Smiddich & Gia) EC  (Read 2688 times)

Stephanie Kuhn

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Marches were usually disorganized, hulking affairs. Gia had sometimes lost track of parts of her unit because they became separated in the columns and marched with friends from other units for the duration. She had been watching for Smiddich in the mass of soldiers moving. She was surprised at how relieved she was when she saw his unit make it's way to into Aeng. Smiddich was there, but he did not look well. She had assumed his armor offered more protection. But the dingy white and very red dressing he wore around his wound told a different story. A solid torso shot. A dangerous wound.

"Malcom" she summoned her chief healer. "get your potions and the special bandages I need you" she told him nodding toward the pirate knight.
"I'll be right back" he replied. Malcom had pulled her back from the next world twice, birthed Lupa's pups and bravely went to assist Andross's father Leatho. Even though Gia knew he was a little afraid of the assassin. Gia changed from her armor to a jerkin and had the smithy start working on it's repair.

Gia and Malcom went to Smiddich's tent after his men had, had a chance to make camp. She could see the worry in their faces. These men loved their lord and were worried for him. Lupa and the female pup who guarded Smiddich came along too. The two of them sat themselves on either side of the tent door like giant furry sentries. Off setting the human sentries who edged a short distance away. Gia paused outside "lord Smiddich" she called "I have come with a little help to bind your wounds"  She heard a muffled sound from inside and entered.

Her green eyed settled on his battered form. She smiled gently at him. "that dirty dressing needs changing, "I brought black bandages" she paused grinning at him "it'll worry your men less if they can't tell you're bleeding" She winked at him.

Malcom inspected the wound. "well there's no sign of infection" he said. "which is very good all this needs is a little salve to keep it that way, a fresh dressing and sometime to heal" He looked at Smiddich "try not to overexert  you're self lord, and no drinking until this knits. Drinking hampers healing" He said sternly. He stood and handed the items to Gia. "I'm sure you won't mind if I go about my other charges lady?" he asked with a twinkle in his eye. 

Gia gave him a wry smile "no, not a bit. I think I can handle this bit of healing. Thank you my friend"  Malcom bowed to Smiddich nodded to Gia and left.  Gia knelt to carefully dab the salve around the edges of the wound...... "no drinking?" she said in mock dismay "whatever shall we do instead?" She teased him.