Author Topic: Various beginner questions about Religion and Lordship  (Read 3517 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Hi Mike,

First of all, welcome to the game! You've came to the right place to ask questions. Wiki is a bit outdated here and there and surely can be improved.

Let me try to answer your questions.

1. Choosing a religion is basically up to you and how you roleplay your character. There might be more than one religion in your realm. They might play nice with each other or be at each others throat every day. It's part of the game. My proposition would be to contact a priest or an elder of the religion to hear them out. They usually also refer to a wiki page they have about the religion. Find the religion which suits your character best.

Choosing a religion is not final, nor is it mandatory. You don't have to be in a religion, but it's part of the roleplaying aspect of the game. You can join any religion when being in a region with a temple, just like you can leave them the same way.

When joining a religion (or guild for that matter, they work the same way), you'll get a rank. You can raise your rank by paying gold or being promoted by the elders. Every rank has a monthly fee to pay or a grant to get. Your 'balance' in the religion/guild will be adjusted. If you have a monthly fee of 10 gold to pay, it won't force you to pay it. But if you want to withdraw gold from the temple treasury, you'd need to not have a negative balance etc. Also if you want to leave the religion/guild, you will need to have your balance cleared. This is not really an obligation as such, and you have no other.

2. The ruined temples are a bit awkward. It means it has been destroyed before. The only way to rebuild it is by closing it (mind you, if they have many followers in your region, they can attack you), and rebuilding it once you have joined the religion. Recently I have added the feature that ruined temples can be 'rebuild' without having to close it. This feature, however, is not live yet.

Only Lords can build temples or guildhouses in their regions. No elder or priest can build such buildings in your region. Hence you could find religions trying to 'recruit' you to have their temple built in your region. Once a level 1 is built, they will be able to upgrade it (as a Lord, you won't be able to do that).

3. Region stats are affected by numerous factors that would take too long to sum up here. You get a daily report about your region and what is affecting moral/loyalty/production etc. Be it taxes being too high, enemy troops in your region, being too far from capital,.. It's important to know that no one expects you to keep your stats at 100% each. It's normal they are a bit lower (hence why they are indicated with words to describe the situation instead of purely %). Find a way to stabilize your region so you don't have to be there 24/7. Ways could be to recruit militia to deal with surprise monster attacks, lower taxes if they complain, have a courtier pass there once in a while, have a priest or diplomat change the views of the people,..

4. I am not entirely sure by what you mean with getting more taxes. Feel free to PM me with screenshots (if you don't want to make the details public) so I can investigate better.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)