Author Topic: Dead adventurers returning to life (at least in Beluaterra)  (Read 2982 times)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
My Beluaterran advy was probably executed a few days ago, never received any message about it, but he was in prison and seems quite likely. However, I did not bury him for days, as I wanted to save some of his messages before doing so and never actually did it, but today he has healed back to life and is now lightly wounded. I have already added some notes in the related bug in the bugtracker and I intend to keep him for a few days, just to see whether he ends up healing completely or not, but I wanted to know if I should delete him after I compile all of the relevant information or not.

TL;DR: A dead adventurer has healed back to life. Should I keep him or delete him in the spirit of fair play?
D'Espana Family

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It's Beluaterra, weird things happen. And I believe the rule of thumb in BM is any bug can be rped away, so no need to delete your char. He was only mostly dead, and there is a big difference between mostly dead and all the way dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:48:04 AM by JDodger »
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yeah, if a bug like this happens, you can keep the char.

I'll have to look into this issue. I think I know (broadly) what's causing it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Thanks to you both for easing my worries. Looks like a resurrection RP is coming my way!  ;D
D'Espana Family

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Careful, last time someone did this it caused a small conflict to turn into a continental war, with ancient realms on the verge of destruction, epic conflicts, shady court politics, hundreds of pages of amusing roleplays and entire continent's storyline being effectively rewritten... this sentence started off as a warning and ended up as an encouragement, huh.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Thanks to you both for easing my worries. Looks like a resurrection RP is coming my way!  ;D

Do ittt! ;D
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Careful, last time someone did this it caused a small conflict to turn into a continental war, with ancient realms on the verge of destruction, epic conflicts, shady court politics, hundreds of pages of amusing roleplays and entire continent's storyline being effectively rewritten... this sentence started off as a warning and ended up as an encouragement, huh.

Nah, he's just a little adventurer, not a continent wide-known political figure. What harm can be done?  ;D

Do ittt! ;D

It's already done  8)
D'Espana Family