Author Topic: New Player Experience  (Read 28580 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New Player Experience
« Reply #45: August 31, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »
This is perfect timing and some perfect stuff! As Wimpie said, we're working on making a new tutorial and I'm most in favor of the video idea of Gildre as well and since he's not active I will try to make some of my own (hopefully a first try this weekend or so, if I can find the time) hence I started writing an outline on what has to be in it. So any advice on that would be most welcome.

From what I gather it could provide a bit more info on the different islands and their upsides and downsides?

1) As for the government type, it's not that limiting anymore, it's more an issue of player base. I know Greater Xavax was a Monarchy and Oligarch was a tyranny, but both shared most, if not all the information, with the entire realm, because that's what we as rulers valued, the interaction of everyone. You mentioned Sirion yourself where I experienced the opposite within a Republic. So a tyranny can do that just as good as a Republic pretty much (these days you can choose seperately of your government types if elections for positions are held, so you could do an elect once in a democracy I think (uuuh, don't, just don't guys) and a elect monthly in tyrannies as we did in Oligarch for Judge and Banker.

2) I love the idea of updating some of the text within the game itself as well as to guiding the new players. Wimpie I'll be happy to volunteer for that also and hopefully Antonine as well, although would like to finish the new tutorials first.

5) For the first time now I'm honestly thinking about making a guild to preserve realm history. Would that work? Is there enough room for writing text etc? Rather than creation very complex new mechanics, it would maybe only extend the options of guilds slightly (ability to make a library kind of thing that's in game, or would that be too much info stored on the servers?).
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela