Author Topic: Digging In  (Read 3448 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Digging In
« Topic Start: July 26, 2017, 10:40:39 PM »
How does digging in work in relation to fortifications?

You can't dig in in cities or strongholds, even if they don't have any fortifications.

But you can dig in in, for example, townslands, even if they do have fortifications.

So if you dig in in a region that has a palisade, for example, do the bonuses stack?

Wouldn't it make more sense for digging in to be restricted to regions without fortifications, even cities and strongholds?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Digging In
« Reply #1: September 06, 2017, 03:02:29 PM »
I have no idea without looking at the code, perhaps someone else does?
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 06, 2017, 03:48:09 PM »
Are you a 100% certain about this?

"But you can dig in in, for example, townslands, even if they do have fortifications."

I was always under the impression that you can't dig in, in regions with fortifications or Cities (period, cause you fight in the paved streets or something, I don't know).
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 06, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »
I think only palisades and motte-and-baileys/townslands (and I'm uncertain on townslands). Higher fortifications should not allow digging in. When I first stumbled upon digging in even with palisades and motte and baileys, I thought it was weird. I don't know why its allowed or if its an oversight/bug that should be fixed.

Zakky

« Reply #4: September 06, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »
I think only palisades and motte-and-baileys/townslands (and I'm uncertain on townslands). Higher fortifications should not allow digging in. When I first stumbled upon digging in even with palisades and motte and baileys, I thought it was weird. I don't know why its allowed or if its an oversight/bug that should be fixed.

Agree.  I think it should be fixed to make it more consistent.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 07, 2017, 02:23:47 AM »
Yea I'm pretty sure. I can dig in in a townsland with lvl 2 walls. I can't in a stronghold with lvl 0 walls. I can't in a city with lvl 5 walls, no idea for cities with less I haven't been in one for ages.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 07, 2017, 02:54:43 AM »
That indicates to me that the check for whether you can dig in is checking region type, not present fortifications. Probably some rather old code needing updated. Please file a bug report.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 08, 2017, 01:39:22 AM »
I'm gonna have to find out what my password for the bugtracker was... :/

Could be checking both, I can't tell, but I do get the impression that it does check, at the very least, region type.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 24, 2017, 12:07:39 AM »
I'm gonna have to find out what my password for the bugtracker was... :/

Could be checking both, I can't tell, but I do get the impression that it does check, at the very least, region type.

I've sent you a PM about that bugtracker account.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 24, 2017, 01:44:27 AM »
Posted to bugtracker