Author Topic: Vote for Battlemaster!  (Read 6824 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Vote for Battlemaster!
« Topic Start: August 01, 2017, 03:10:16 PM »
Hi all,

Everyone knows the playerbase of BM has gone down a lot. Besides inviting family and friends into the game, I've tried posting to communities before, which gathered some new players.

But I also found this gem on the Wiki. I'm not sure at all if these voting websites still count or mean something, but maybe we can all make an effort and step up a nodge in promoting Battlemaster? After all, we're here because we love the game and would love to see more players join again. Imagine FEI or Atamara opening up again!

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Vote_for_BattleMaster

If you have time, please have a look. If you have additional proposals of websites/communities/ways to promote BM, please comment!

Thanks.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Vote for Battlemaster!
« Reply #1: August 01, 2017, 07:51:42 PM »
Voted on most of the links.

One didn't work, another I didn't spend the time to search for the game, but all others were voted on.
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 01, 2017, 08:17:49 PM »
voted as well, but i think messages on certain forums for example are more effective.
Also do we have a database of all deleted acounts? We could use it to contact all players that stoped playing with an update on what changed in bm or an opportunity to check the political maps.
Give them a little taste of what they are missing.
I am quite sure it will proof effective.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #3: August 02, 2017, 04:17:34 AM »
I did some voting. On gamesites200, Battlemaster is actually rated #2. So we must be doing something right to get it to #2 so quickly
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 02, 2017, 08:07:27 AM »
I did some voting. On gamesites200, Battlemaster is actually rated #2. So we must be doing something right to get it to #2 so quickly

Perhaps that's a sign the site isn't being used anymore though. Not sure if this voting is still useful.

voted as well, but i think messages on certain forums for example are more effective.

Definitely. If you know of some forums, do post! I've made some posts on reddit which proved to attract at least some new players.

Also do we have a database of all deleted acounts? We could use it to contact all players that stoped playing with an update on what changed in bm or an opportunity to check the political maps.
Give them a little taste of what they are missing.

Good idea, but there's no such information on deleted accounts. We could pull up all accounts which only have paused nobles though.. But those will only have stopped playing in the last.. 3 months or so?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 02, 2017, 08:57:46 AM »
Most addicts relapse in their first half year/year, so yeah 3 months might be even more effective :P

A few warnings with links on quick information on the current state of in game stuff before an account is deleted might also work.
Like facebook it could show the things you'd be missing, losing and other players missing you.

It sounds aggressive but it's quite common and effective.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:59:31 AM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 02, 2017, 11:23:02 PM »
Voted, good idea! Posting is definitely great too, done it a bit on reddit, will try to do more as well from time to time.

Also, if anyone has a bunch of money and wants to make more, any chance Tom would let someone create a mobile app to play? That seems like the way to really drive a lot of new accounts.

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 03, 2017, 12:42:23 AM »
New PBBG directory with an active mod (run by the person who owns Imperial Conflict). Could be a good spot for us to get BM listed if anyone has a moment to write up a quick description and submit it: https://pbbg.site/directory/

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 03, 2017, 08:12:28 AM »
New PBBG directory with an active mod (run by the person who owns Imperial Conflict). Could be a good spot for us to get BM listed if anyone has a moment to write up a quick description and submit it: https://pbbg.site/directory/

I guess you can just pull the description that's there on the other voting sites.

Voted, good idea! Posting is definitely great too, done it a bit on reddit, will try to do more as well from time to time.

Also, if anyone has a bunch of money and wants to make more, any chance Tom would let someone create a mobile app to play? That seems like the way to really drive a lot of new accounts.

Mobile surely needs to be enhanced. Not sure about a mobile app and how all of that works. But since Tom isn't really involved anymore, he's likely not going to pay for development either. It are volounteers or nothing  :)

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 03, 2017, 05:41:11 PM »
Maybe a kickstarter for the game? I'm sure it would get some support.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 03, 2017, 06:49:05 PM »
Of the links, only the 2nd one (Apex) worked. The first and fourth were representatively blocked by uBlock Origin. OMGN is an archive. The last one didn't do anything either.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 03, 2017, 11:36:10 PM »
Mobile surely needs to be enhanced. Not sure about a mobile app and how all of that works. But since Tom isn't really involved anymore, he's likely not going to pay for development either. It are volounteers or nothing  :)

I was saying I think there is legitimate money to be made if battlemaster had an optimized app. It is so much better than all the other mindless mobile games out there. Would need some tweaks, but not a lot. I figure Tom still owns the game even though he's not involved, yea? So I think he'd have to either sell the game, or do some kind of profit sharing agreement with whoever invested the time / money in the mobile app.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #12: August 04, 2017, 12:40:37 AM »
I was saying I think there is legitimate money to be made if battlemaster had an optimized app. It is so much better than all the other mindless mobile games out there. Would need some tweaks, but not a lot. I figure Tom still owns the game even though he's not involved, yea? So I think he'd have to either sell the game, or do some kind of profit sharing agreement with whoever invested the time / money in the mobile app.

An app would be sweet.

Also i voted us up on everything
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 04, 2017, 04:51:36 AM »
Tom opposes monetizing BM and I will wholeheartedly with him on that.

A mobile app would be troublesome with splitting codebase into two versions, a website and an app, to be maintained by rather few volunteer developers.

We need to improve BM's mobile design, yes. We have been making improvements over years, but much more is needed.

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 04, 2017, 08:14:05 AM »
I think IF there were to be an app, it would have to be set on another island. One inaccessible on the site. It would most likely require a bit of work and a large island with quite a few of the elements unique to one island (Daimons, seasons, etc).
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.