Author Topic: Community Thread Gone Wrong  (Read 11559 times)

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Official Jomorosh Hate Thread
« Reply #15: August 05, 2017, 09:04:41 PM »
People, if you dont like the continent or what is happening there, just move towards another?
I already have characters on all of the continents  :)

Dystopian

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Community Thread Gone Wrong
« Reply #16: August 05, 2017, 10:06:36 PM »
"yeah instead of trying to make the experience more enjoyable just leave altogether."

mhm that's really served Battlemaster well in the player count department  ::)

Zakky

« Reply #17: August 06, 2017, 01:39:02 AM »
Relax people. At least there is an invasion.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 07, 2017, 02:11:08 PM »
I think most of us would hate to see the daimons dissapear without a reason.
The important thing is to keep the story going and allow others to follow this.
Which is a problem that many here have adressed, not much if anything at all is shared.
So perhaps we should figure out a solution for that problem?
I think the problem is mainly caused because something happens once or twice with an explanation or a clear cause and effect which then has to be relayed through the players characters in game, which is clearly failing on most issues.
Just asking around in character you can clearly tell the other characters don't know either, only some seem to withhold information on purpose thinking it will give them a better position during and after the invasion compared to other human realms.
Perhaps the information, when it becomes available could be recorded on a wiki page or repeated somehow in roleplays, the daimon roleplays could be used more to describe how they do things, or how they can do things and repeat that every time it becomes relevant.

The whole anger from frustration towards the end phase of the invasion is very real too and we are having players starting to play less, some quit and others are going to quit if nothing is changed very very soon.
It's easy to complain to Vita, but its definitely not easy for him, so please have some respect here.
He should finish what he started and not suddenly change direction now even if a majority of us want to, it would ruin the invasion further.
What will help is suggestions or Vita simply asking for help.
Perhaps he shouldnt have played or play the daimons all alone.
either way these issues should be resolved and not ignored by anyone.

Either way hopefully what i just read here won't mean the invasion is just going to continue on one part of the continent, what concerns me even more is the increase of rogue, i am sure most of us aren't happy with Beluaterra turning into another endless dwilight like rogue battle.
There is good stuff developing in Beluaterra, the game should give the players room and not overwhelm it with rogues.
I am doing what i can to keep the players i am playing with to stay playing right now, because they are getting really demotivated.
Luckily we got some of our own stuff going but most of that is sort of frozen due to the current situation of Gotland just beeing under constant attack for months now.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Dystopian

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 07, 2017, 05:23:18 PM »
If anyone sane believes that continuing this utter bull!@#$ is in any way good for Battlemaster then you are blind to the consequences of this type of !@#$. Dwilight's gonna die soon too, thanks for bringing them up. Something has to be tweaked to deal with the fact that commoners are far less common than they used to be, hence monsters and undead roam are ridiculously large numbers. This literally has nothing to do with Daimons imo. Humanity could unite to fight the Daimons if the system wasn't built for a huge community of commoners that simply doesn't exist any more, proportionally its far too skewed.

There's me giving a rude suggestion

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 07, 2017, 11:45:20 PM »
As a DM, this annoys me and I will give the advice that I gave one of my players; not everything is easy.

You have to remember we are mortals fighting DAIMONS. It's not easy for any realm right now, Spearhold is surrounded by anti-Daimons realms, Dominorum has rogues and the Shattered Vales to deal with and Obia'Syela is trying to carve out a realm in a literal rogue nest.
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

Dystopian

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 08, 2017, 12:44:12 AM »
This literally has nothing to do with Daimons imo. Humanity could unite to fight the Daimons if the system wasn't built for a huge community of commoners that simply doesn't exist any more, proportionally its far too skewed in favor of huge hordes that would be dealt with if commoners actually existed in this game anymore

Its the !@#$ing rogues how more clear could I be.

There you go. Idk it seems far easier when all the "NPCs" in the game are on one side and most of the players are on the other. Maybe it's just me. If you actually read my post you'll see I haven't complained about the daimons.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:46:54 AM by Dystopian »

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 08, 2017, 01:31:57 AM »
Regarding rogues, they are meant to be tough. Rogues on BT and DWI serve the purpose of balancing out regions humans hold with player density. If there aren't enough nobles on an island and humanity is trying to expand into roguelands, the rogues *will* get tougher. And both islands have been sub-optimal for awhile.

That said, the system doesn't function the best right now, hence being only on testing islands. Both in terms of being difficult for players, such as too many rogues clumping together. And also in terms of maintaining a proper density balance to the islands. Both of those are doing much better than when it originally went live, but there's still progress and tweaking to be done. It's a work-in-progress and comments are absolutely welcomed.

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 08, 2017, 01:36:57 AM »
Please keep discussion civilized.

Here are the rules to the forum:
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,5167.0.html

I understand some of you are frustrated about the on-goings of the invasion and the opinions of the invasion, but you must discuss it properly.

If you want to see things ever get better, discussion is the best way to do it. However, an abusive conversation will never lead to improvement. If the world's problems were all solved by throwing insults at one another, then the true determination of arguments and conflict would be war. (Then again, this is a war between Daimon and Humans, so MORE INSULTS MWAHAHA... In-game.)

Devs and players have to understand one another to improve together, but when tempers flare, that understanding slowly creeps away as the looming shadow of hatred and blame takes its place.

Not everything is the Dev's fault (Or GM, I have been disconnected for quite a while), there is only so much they can do without upsetting the mass majority of players, or breaking the game completely.

Not everything is the Player's fault, there is only so much roleplay they can do and only so much they can persuade their peers to roleplay.

If this thread does not turn from destructive conversation to constructive conversation, it will be closed.

Though I hope it will not come to that, because these discussions are important.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 08, 2017, 08:46:41 AM »
I dont think anyone in my realm or other players i encounter on beluaterra are happy with the rogues staying and the current invasion.
It is good to do something about player density, but not like this.
We can just let Beluaterra alone thill the next invasion and then let the rogues deal with player density instead.

To improve the current invasion, why not stop putting daimons idly in regions instead of just attacking.
They are blocking human troops from marching/ playing most of the game.
 Perhaps a twist in our story would help as well. If the story gets boring: create a plot twist.

Dystopian

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 09, 2017, 04:14:22 AM »
I'm still confused as to why my criticism is taken so harshly, I'm sorry if it hurts the Dev's feelings or something. I had hoped that criticism of game mechanics would be something the gracious volunteers of this wonderful game would be accustomed to by now.

This literally has nothing to do with Daimons imo. Humanity could unite to fight the Daimons if the system wasn't built for a huge community of commoners that simply doesn't exist any more, proportionally its far too skewed in favor of huge hordes that would be dealt with if commoners actually existed in this game anymore

The commoner dilemma is a major problem, it shouldn't be ignored.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 09, 2017, 06:06:28 AM »
I'm not sure what you're particularly referencing about your criticism being taken harshly. I tried to explain more about the rogue policy since you seemed ignored on that point, even if I apparently didn't touch upon commoners. At this point, I'm considering your words on commoners and don't have a response more than that. That's true for several suggestions/criticisms in this thread. I would note that commoners have been a side-game of BM, not the main focus, so there's going to be less focus on them that the noble game; yet that being said, commoners are a key part of anti-daimonic efforts, so if there is indeed a lack of commoners to do such, we may need to make adjustments to maintain balance.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 10, 2017, 03:51:28 PM »
The commoner shortage is definitely a problem too, yet it's not just a lack of commoners its also a lack of determination.
Many aren't really actively playing.

Vita,
It's good to hear you are receiving the comments and suggestions here but it would be useful to tell us if you simply don't know how to respond yet.
Else others will feel ignored, which we really cannot afford right now.
The frustration among players is very serious, i hope you realize that.

I'd also like to offer you any help you need in or out of game, just contact me.
I am sure there are others here who are also more then willing to help you improve the situation if you can use it.
It must be quite demanding for you doing this all alone, hopefully you still enjoy playing the daimons.