Author Topic: Invasion Map GIF  (Read 10055 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Invasion Map GIF
« Topic Start: August 22, 2017, 04:10:46 AM »
I've been putting off making new island history maps, but in the meantime, enjoy this gif of BT maps starting two years ago today and progressing monthly until today.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion Map GIF
« Reply #1: August 22, 2017, 01:41:41 PM »
That's neat!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #2: August 23, 2017, 12:28:48 AM »
This makes me happy.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 24, 2017, 02:59:33 AM »
This is awesome, Fronen starts with a yellow colour on the map and changes to lime green that shows me exactly when I took over the realm. I think we've done good.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 24, 2017, 06:15:43 AM »
Darn Fronenites in my Xhagus! We killed one of your generals over our claim for the region, but then eventually lost it to rogues again and were too busy to take it back before you could swoop in. But I also believe you needed it to avoid starvation so that's okay.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 25, 2017, 01:52:36 AM »
One of the biggest problems I realized with Fronen is that it has this really long history and none of the new members in the realm know much about it, I didn't even know anything about it. I joined Fronen and a week or two later there was an election for Doge and I randomly put my name in and it was a tie and I won the tie... totally fluke, anyways it was for the better since whoever lost was part of a bunch of multi-accounts and they all got banned. So yeah basically Fronen is filled with noobs who have little idea about its previous history... Things could get interesting.

Dystopian

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 25, 2017, 05:27:45 AM »
It is the most fun I've had on BM in my short period playing the game, I see glory in the future as well. We are building a truly glorious realm.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 25, 2017, 01:43:53 PM »
This Fronen never really had any idea about what the original Fronen was, either. ;)

This map shows that BT hasn't been stagnating, despite the critics.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 29, 2017, 01:12:46 AM »
This Fronen never really had any idea about what the original Fronen was, either. ;)

This map shows that BT hasn't been stagnating, despite the critics.

The original Fronen before it was destroyed in the 3rd invasion? I've read a lot of history on that and picked through the wiki but still don't know much. I played in Fronen back in 2011-2013ish during the massive 5v1 battles against Thalmarkin, Melhed, Creasur, Sint, and... Nothoi? I was rather surprised to see Fronen still on the realm list when I rejoined the game back in March of this year.

I also remember founding IVF with you from the mess of that was Enweil. I think I served as General with William Harte.. or was it Judge? That would make more sense. Less responsibilities. I definitely didn't get into my character as much as I do now :)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 29, 2017, 02:06:33 AM »
Judge I think, led to some nasties when the schism between him and Guillaume occurred.

I played in Fronen back in my early days, 2006-2007 or so. Got pulled into a rebellion by an ambitious liege, failed (to maintain the rebel government), moved a bit everywhere since then.

My buddy funded the new Fronen, which I helped grow from the outside. The two of us were pretty much the only ones that had been in the original Fronen, and the new one had little to do with it. Old Fronen had a much different culture, and was a close ally of Riombara. The new Fronen was kind of Enweil's Yuggoslavia. :P

There was no strong will from within to align with Enweil, my buddy who ruled it as well as the other nobles there were somewhat apolitical, but circumstances just allowed Enweil to pull it further and further into its sphere of influence. Enweil and Luz de Bia were actually the big bads in the original Fronen back when we played there though.

I'm also surprised the new version lasted this long, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 29, 2017, 02:23:52 AM »
Old Fronen had a much different culture, and was a close ally of Riombara. The new Fronen was kind of Enweil's Yuggoslavia. :P

Which is to say, the new Fronen was a betrayal of basically everything the old Fronen stood for.

You're basically a realm-necromancer, raising Fronen from the dead as an evil zombie and forcing it to do your bidding. ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 29, 2017, 11:53:23 AM »
Which is to say, the new Fronen was a betrayal of basically everything the old Fronen stood for.

You're basically a realm-necromancer, raising Fronen from the dead as an evil zombie and forcing it to do your bidding. ;D

Basically, yea. The name wasn't my idea, but it served to justify the creation of the realm and make it more palatable to some. I think there were some outside forces who legitimately wanted to see Fronen anew, not expecting what they would get.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 30, 2017, 05:30:35 AM »
Well we are up and running and perhaps differently than whatever Fronen was before but that doesn't matter much because we have tried to maintain our version of a republic , our senate and government is purposefully difficult to deal with internally, all of the power is strictly fractured and political party or infighting and dealing is encouraged. I am enjoying playing in the new Fronen, the nobles are a lively active bunch who enjoy playing together.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 30, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »
To be fair, some realms were created with old realms' names while having little to do with them, while other realms kept their original realms over the years while losing all that was associated with it.

Realms mature with time, many undergo outright metamorphosis, with the gradual decay of it's original population and replacement with others. Feels to me like few realms alive today are still very similar to what they were 5 years ago, let alone 10 or more. With declining densities and group mentality/tribalism, cultures also tend to be less defined, weaker, and more prone to replacement.

Steele_House

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 02, 2017, 07:27:41 AM »
This is awesome... and a bit depressing to remember how close Gotland was to taking over all the Netherworld regions in their corner.