Author Topic: Under Debate: "Set Next Destination" option for traveling by sea  (Read 2393 times)

T0mislav

Title:
"Set Next Destination" option for traveling by sea

Summary:
At the moment one travels by sea with speed 12h per turn. However, distances between sea zones are like for example 26h. So one practically in 2 turns pass 24h and he needs to waste entire turn to sail remaining 2h. And from there he gets another 27h distance to his next destination. So if one wants to travel over few sea zones, he wastes several turns just because there is not "Set Next Destination" option. And provision at sea drops 20% per day.

Details:
For traveling by sea should be added "Set Next Destination" options similar to one that exists for traveling by land.

Benefits:
For traveling by sea, unnecessary wasting of time would be avoided.

For example:
Let we take that one needs to travel over three sea zones where first is 26h, second 28h and third 18h what makes 72h in total.
Presently one first need 3 turns to sail over first then additional 3 turns to sail over second and then 2 turns to sail over third making total travel time 8 turns.
If "Set Next Destination" is added the one could sail over all three sea zones in 6 turns.
In this example one would lose entire day and 20% of his provisions on wasting time due to there is no "Set Next Destination" option.

Possible Downsides/Exploits:
-
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:43:25 PM by Wimpie »

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I don't really see a problem with this feature request.

I have, though, just finished the 'Cancel sailing' option (which still needs review & approval), so adding next destination will mean revisiting this as well.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Zakky

I don't really see a problem with this feature request.

I have, though, just finished the 'Cancel sailing' option (which still needs review & approval), so adding next destination will mean revisiting this as well.

Thank god... That was really needed.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Thank god... That was really needed.

It's funny how you refer to me as 'God'. I kind of like it. ;D

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Finally an improvement to sea travel. A thumb up to the God. In future I hope to see sea travel implemented for all other islands...
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Zakky

It's funny how you refer to me as 'God'. I kind of like it. ;D
You are actively shaping the game. If you are not a god I don't know who is!

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: "Set Next Destination" option for traveling by sea
« Reply #6: September 06, 2017, 11:22:42 AM »
I would want to see the opinions of Delvin/Vita on this though.

If they approve, we can amend the status of this thread and post the feature request to the bugtracker.