Author Topic: Removal of Magic on non BT Islands  (Read 12474 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Removal of Magic on non BT Islands
« Reply #30: September 01, 2017, 06:02:30 PM »
What about nerfing the citizens militia as well?
It could also simply be an automatic event instead of a call by ruler, iwth a bit of randomness involved, so they don't always show up right away.

The fact that the size of the peasant militia is based on population is also a bit unfair to realms with less populated capitals.
Usually those capitals also have less gold income.
I understand its more realistic like this, but its simply not balanced.
It makes the richest and most populated cities just far more powerful as a capital, while by them selves they already are.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: September 01, 2017, 06:07:49 PM »
It's also heavily based upon regional statistics (control, loyalty, morale), and there's penalties to all those stats for calling it, that last quite awhile.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: September 01, 2017, 06:18:29 PM »
Wouldn't mind this either, or at least give it a hard cool down value of say a month.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: September 04, 2017, 02:27:03 AM »
What about nerfing the citizens militia as well?
It could also simply be an automatic event instead of a call by ruler, iwth a bit of randomness involved, so they don't always show up right away.

The fact that the size of the peasant militia is based on population is also a bit unfair to realms with less populated capitals.
Usually those capitals also have less gold income.
I understand its more realistic like this, but its simply not balanced.
It makes the richest and most populated cities just far more powerful as a capital, while by them selves they already are.
I think this is good, nerfing the citizen militia. Or else so many realms alive when we should have more conflicts fighting over the lands from the dead realm. Oh wait, did Xavax call Citizen Militia before their demise? :o
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: September 05, 2017, 01:24:56 AM »
I think citizen militias are reserved to some government types?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakky

« Reply #35: September 05, 2017, 03:32:03 AM »
I think citizen militias are reserved to some government types?
No.

Also one month is probably too short. For now pros out weight cons so there it is no brainer for now.

Simple: Make the cooldown at least 3 months or maybe once per ruler - calling it should completely ruin your reputation(in BM's case honor and prestige. Currently you hardly lose enough to deter people from using the option.)

Complex: A high chance of peasants ruining infrastructures. After each battle done by peasants, you lose one building. Could be a level of RC or other structures on top of the current penalties.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: September 05, 2017, 02:32:02 PM »
Perhaps the discussion about reducing the effectiveness of peasant militia could be started as a separate feature request. It seems like that would be better than doing it here under the magic thread.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: September 05, 2017, 05:57:55 PM »
I would be open to adjusting the prestige loss for calling it. Also, requiring a minimum prestige amount, if it doesn't already (I forget, not sure).