Author Topic: Goriad II's emigration to BT  (Read 9069 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Goriad II's emigration to BT
« Topic Start: August 30, 2017, 09:43:55 AM »
- Goriad II started his career in Talerium on Atamara and when it sank moved to the Assasins on the Colonies. Now he has arrived in the far south of BT. He has quite the back story, but I never saved his RP's, so I wish to start now and also retro-actively shed some light on his past again through the current RP's. -

- I mainly prefer to write smaller RP's, because a) I think people tend to read/like those more and b) time. This way I can easily write several a week -

- Each heading is a new RP, but I'll copy paste them below each other as a 'story' so to say -

- Any remarks, suggestions etc are most welcome :) -

At the docks in Rines
Goriad II finally arrived at Rines and as he stepped up on the docks he looked around. "What the hell," he mumbled "these bloody architects lack creativity, it's the same old !@#$ as Ash'rily over here," he said as he began to raise his voice. Dock workers continued their busy routines, but some children stopped their game and stared at this new stranger who was talking to himself out loud. "What is an Ash'ly?" one of the kids asked. Goriad always traveled in rather common cloth, so generally none adressed him 'properly' nor did  he care much for it. "Ash'rily, what do they teach you here at school," he said "the biggest city on the bloody island...well its sunk now, good riddance," and he walked on, but the kids would not let him go. "Was it the daemons?" one asked and Goriad had already lost his patience and so he took out a curved blade, seemingly out of nowhere "nobody knows what sank it, now leave."

"Sure glad they sank that hell hole in the south at least. Finally got that bastard on a different continent than myself. Hmmm, didn't he die here, I should definately visit that place once. It'll be fun to carve a knife out of his bones, hehe," and so Goriad II moved on, mumbling to himself and smiling. "Now let's get a map, where to go"

In the city of Rines
Goriad II made his way to the city gates and as he walked through the streets he got an aweful feeling. "This city is nearly a copy," he thought "It's not just the port, it's everything." On his way outside of the city he passed through a map maker. The man asked 3 gold for the map of the entire continent. "3 gold?" Goriad II asked, "no my friend, you seem to be mistaking as I'm sure you said 2 gold was more than enough." As he reached for his money his purposefully opened his coat, showing a short piercing dagger. "Yes yes, 2 gold, that's what I said."

Goriad II opened the map, "Are you sure this is the map of this continent?" and the mapmaker nodded, somewhat intimidated. "This is just some jacked up version of Atamara!" he now started against the poor man, further raising his voice, "Are you trying to scam me, you bloody fool, you made a mistake!" The man started to make wild gestures, "No Sir, this is Beluaterra, but this and Atamara were said to be the twin islands, that is before the daemon invasion caused some of our cities to sink last time, I swear to you."

Goriad II just looked at him bewildered, "If I find out that you scammed me, I'll know how to find you" and he moved onwards.

Goriad arrived at the city of Grekh
Goriad II finally arrived at the city of Grehk. "So this is the famous city that my uncle so badly wanted but never got? I like it already, what about you Sigmund?" he said with a smile to his scribe. The scribe, around mid fourties, quite tall for a man, had been with Goriad II for nearly 18 years. He followed another, who did not quite managed to catch up with his master, but Sigmund had no difficulties and had actually enjoyed the many adventures. "Well technically he failed at getting Riverhom my Lord, I believe they call this..." he paused for a moment as he took out the map they had acquired earlier in Rines "they call this, Grehk, with some weird silent h in the middle."

Goriad II just stared at him, "Well if it's silent, then just drop it, I don't like the silent types." He was in a good mood, back to what seemed like familiar lands, but without the things that haunted them and him for so long. "Let's go inside Sigmund, Grek, the symbol of his failure, I love it!"

Captured in Grekh
Goriad II was walking through the streets of Grekh when he noticed the trail of some beasts that had made their way inside. "Sigmund, look, 4 legged for certain, relatively heavy, look at the imprint in the mud here," he said as he pointed to a muddy area that looked like to be the beginning of a small street, either unpaved or simply covered in mud due to the poor maintenance. "Several even, I count at least 3, equal of size, probably lone males," he continued. "let's have some fun shall we," and he moved to follow the trail, with Sigmund following him as he had grown used to his master's ways.

As they were following the trail a thought suddenly hit Goriad II, entirely unconnected to their hunt, but he was afraid he would forget it again. "Sigmund, none of these nobles have answered my questions have they?" Sigmund a bit confused, as he was not expecting this topic during the hunt took a few seconds to reply: "No, none of them, perhaps they have yet to receive them." Goriad shook his head: "Nah, I bet these are those proper noble kind, you know the once we used to raid into submission back at home." Sigmund smiled, "Yes that could be." Goriad II now started smiling as well: "Once this hunt is finished, write these noblemen in the most poshy way you can, do it Cagilan style heh, pompous bastards."

Just as Goriad II finished these words, he suddenly noticed several people in their area, trying to hide themselves, poorly, but he had failed to notice them as he was busy with the hunt and his conversation, he had let his guard drop. "Sigmund, move into the next house, no questions, then double back around the back and sneak back to our camp. Safeguard the gold my friend, I'll distract them. Sigmund who now too saw them did directly as ordered. As he made his way out, Goriad II was less fortunate and decided to surrender without bloodshed. No need to risk his life here, he'd find a way out soon enough he thought.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 01:06:02 PM by Gabanus family »
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela