Author Topic: Goriad II's emigration to BT  (Read 9054 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Goriad II's emigration to BT
« Topic Start: September 14, 2017, 12:23:11 PM »
Training day at Cjelegy
As Goriad II sat in Cjelegy with his new men, he decided it was time to see what they were worth, since no movement would be made today. "Listen up you dogs, let's see if some of you have the potential to be wolves!" he said loudly as he stepped out of his tent. "Sigmund, do you think they're ready?" he said with a smile to his former captain, "Not quite, most of them will be dead before the month is due probably given the looks of them," the man said with a crooked smirk. "Well, if you lot prefer to live, I suggest you pay some attention as I teach you how to hunt, like true wolves," Goriad II continued.

The men put on their light armor and some of the men looked slightly bewildered and eventually one of them raised a question: "My Lord, we've already received training on how to fight on the battlefield, why degrade it with hunting?" and this was followed by several nodding men and agreeing sounds, while many others remained silent. "Allow me to explain this to you in a simple and clear manner boy!" he started "You see, those fools who stand on the battlefield tend to die by the hundreds, facing their opponents head on and then yelling rubbish about honor and dignity, but I've been in wars, and the honorable often die." He paused for a moment to let the silence do his talking, but then continued "For instance, can you tell me boy, where is Sigmund," and only at that moment did the men realise that Sigmund had disappeared. They had paid so much attention to Goriad II, that they failed to notice his aid to have walked away.

"You can't? Fools, lesson number one, always be ready to hunt and always assume someone is hunting you!" and the moment he had finished his words, an arrow flew right into his armor, piercing through his shoulder and the man screamed of pain "You're lucky boy, if this arrow didn't hit either your heart or your head, that means Sigmund let you live this time. Now for the rest of you, are you finally ready to learn how to hunt?"

Ranting just before a battle
As Goriad II was relaxing just before the battle, a messenger arrived and he had Sigmund read the letter to him. "Mind your tongue young Goriad. Especially when stating a blatant intent to disobey orders," before Sigmund could finish however Goriad II interrupted him. "Mind my tongue, mind my tongue, my tongue is the last thing he should worry about! And did he call me young? By Obeah, tell me this is not some old fool who was appointed because his father was someone, or did something? Sorry Sigmund, go on" and Sigmund continued:

"While I still breathe, and the title of marshal remains mine, command of this army is mine. That being said. I had not seen the scout reports of incoming enemy forces. All Nobles who are in Cjelegy or can arrive by next turn. May do so. All others are to finish a refit in Rines, and rally in Cjelegy while we prepare to march north."

Goriad II just laughed for a moment: "Go tell that pompous old fool that I will obey his orders as long as they make sense. I promised Lady Rania my service and she'll have it, but I won't follow some idiot who doesn't even bother to read his scrolls before bloody giving orders. We'd kill fools like that in Talerium and take their place, Sigmund what happened to our old home?" and Goriad lost sight of the point he wanted to make as his mind wondered back to an earlier time at a different continent in a different land.

"Just tell him that I'm here to serve Lady Rania and Obeah and that I'll protect our realm or something, now is everyone ready for the hunt or what?" Sigmund sighed, "I'll think of something milord, and yes, everyone is ready. It promises to be a good shooting practise I believe," and Goriad II nodded.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 06:44:45 PM by Gabanus family »
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela