Author Topic: Goriad II's emigration to BT  (Read 9080 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Goriad II's emigration to BT
« Topic Start: November 14, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »
The long awaited gift
It was early in the morning when Goriad II woke up. He had not slept many hours that night as they traveled from Rines to Avengmil to settle some affairs in the region and there was much to do. There was recent fighting once more, so the mess had to be cleaned up first before he could even consider ordering repairs to the walls, so he did not trouble himself with it. He had many tasks before him now, building up the Inquisition the greatest he may have ever had, but he could not fail. He had been preparing his entire life for that one event, the end of the Warrior King, the look on his uncle's face when he finally saw his better, saw his failure in Goriad II. He had dreamed of that day since he was a little boy once more struck down for failing a small detail or another, but now it was taken from him and he would have his vengeance.  "He was mine,"  he said to Sigmund as he turned around "I want the main fort of the baily to be turned into the guildhouse for the Inquisition, it will start here." 

Just as he had given those orders a horsemen approached. Out of reflex both Goriad II and Sigmund drew both their curved blades, but it wasn't needed as the horsemen unseathed and announced himself "Captain Maura herself..."  he stumbled a bit as he saw the swords, but the Sigmund interrupted him "Ah Maura, how is she? Does Lady Jarra require our aid?" but the messenger shook his head "No milords, the Lady Jarra wishes to offer you a gift and has tasked me to deliver the gift and this letter."  Sigmund took the letter and read it out loud: "Grand Inquisitor now the office you hold requires appearance, hence the promised, long-awaited gift you see before you. Not the inconspicuous rags you would favour, nor the proper noble outfit I would preffer but a suiting - I hope - compromise."

Goriad II took the gift himself and removed the cloth in which it was wrapped. A dark brown coat, the hide of a short-faced bear if he wasn't mistaken, "These are rare Sigmund, I don't think you've ever seen one have you? As kid we'd used to hunt them, but we only managed to find two ever in our lives, they are native to the southern forests of Atamara, and apparently Beluaterra as well. It's beautiful,"  he said with a smile "Tell Jarra that I will soon come to visit her and express my gratitude, but first I have some business to attend to here."

The cow theft
Goriad II walked through Cjelegy where he had a shrine built and he preached to some people in the area on Obeah's coming. It had been a long day as his morning was filled with responding to a great variety of letters and he had some more to send out to settle the new affairs he was now responsible for. It had been over a week since his last hunt due to the chaos and he grew anxcious, so he called Sigmund to him and ordered him to prepare the hunting gear, they would go with the two of them.

It was during his sermon in the maintown of Cjelegy where he saw his pray. It was tall and moved around without care for any other and was feared by those in it's proximity. It was clear that he was a man of some position within the region, but Goriad II also noticed he hit a kid during the sermon as they grew excited about his words. It was clear this man did not want Obeah's mercy, so it was now his duty to purge him and there was no more enjoyable purging than the hunt.

When Sigmund finally returned he informed his master "He has two houses, one in the country side and one in the maintown and he is a wealthy farmer with influence in the local government milord, a pretty nasty individual however, but his cows are considered to be among the best," allthewhile he showed his master on a map where the locations of his houses were. Goriad II smiled, "An easy hunt then, splendid, we don't have that much time anyway. Take some of his prized cows and bring them south of his farm to the hills here," he said as he pointed to a place on the map "I will meet you there."

Several hours later a group of about 20 men moved south, armed with bronze swords and pitchforks, hunting for whomever stole the cows. When they reached the hills they noticed the smoke of a fire and moved in its direction. Their path brought them through a small valley however and as they moved through it a boulder suddenly came crashing down, blocking their path and a man appeared on the hill with a bow and arrow. "Splendid," Goriad II said as he stretched his bow, "I have a proposal for you gentlemen. You get to live, if you kill the tall man you came to help, otherwise I will purge you all." A small fight sprung as about 16 men moved on the farmer, who was supported by only 3 others. It turned into a bloodbath and the 4 souls proved to be helpless against the greater number. When they had finished Goriad II moved away again, leaving them be "Sigmund, bring the cows to Avengmil, if they're so good, I'm sure they'll be splendid for my household."
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela