Author Topic: Goriad II's emigration to BT  (Read 8960 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Goriad II's emigration to BT
« Topic Start: March 04, 2018, 10:23:33 PM »
Goriad II returns
It had been a tough few months as Goriad II travelled through the monster infested south of Beluaterra in search of Jarra. He had received some evidence that she may be alive, but every time he was disappointed when they proved to be wrong. In his wake he left piles of dead who had informed him poorly, or refused to inform him at all. Rumours had begun to emerge of a devil roaming the south slaughtering peasants, but fortunately they had not yet connected him to the trail. When there were no longer any clues to be had, he finally made his way back to Obia'Syela only to find that the realm had lost most of its holdings since his leave of absence.

"I warned Erheas that he should focus his forces and not push so far out, bloody fool!" he sighed, "Sigmund, get me an update on the realm and inform Lady Rania that I failed in my task, but that we did find something else of note."

An hour later Sigmund returned to his master "I bring bad news and worse, Rania is no longer present, Yxevarii now leads the realm." Goriad II shook his head "how? Well at least Yxevarii leads and not one of the idiots. I will find out myself what happened here! And what was the worse news?"

Sigmund paused for a moment "Well...well...uhm, Erheas is no longer Grand Templar.." he stuttered, "Well that's good news isn't it?" Goriad II responded "Well Sir...Vahanian took his place," Sigmund then continued "For the love of Obeah! We must make haste."

Making speed
As Goriad II moved through Ardmore on his way to Avengmil he heard more and more whispers of a trial in Avengmil and great trails of dead bodies. "Dead bodies where? You mean the ones down south?" he asked as he and Sigmund cornered a man "No milord, here and in the area, dead merchants tortured, robbed and killed. It's that devil Astros, I'm sure of it, I've seen it with my own eyes milord. In fact, I'm on my way to Avengmil as we speak by orders of the Grand Mistress' men." Just at that moment 2 guard arrived at the scene "Stay away from him, or you will face the Inquisition,"

Goriad II smiled a rather vicious grin "Perfect, then I relieve you of your charge boys," the guard looked confused "Who do you think you are giving us orders you..." then Sigmund intervened "Hold your tongue fools. The Grand Inquisitor will cut them off if you don't and I don't want to be the one explaining that to Yxevarii!" The guard looked even more confused now "Grand Inquisitor Janis does not..." but they were cut off. "Janis is releaved from her function, I am resuming my role as Grand Inquisitor and unless you want to oppose me, I suggest you hand him over now!"

The guards in the meantime had both drawn their sword, but before using them one ultimately uttered to Sigmund "Is...is that Goriad II?" and Sigmund simply smiled "It sure is boy, now ride north and inform all that we shall arrive in Avengmil by sunrise"

Turning a witness
"We will ensure you arrive in Avengmil safely," Goriad said to the man. "I also want to ensure your family is safe in case the accused has some rogue men wondering about. Where do you hail from? I will send some Inquisitors loyal to me to the house to ensure you are free to speek the truth without fear for your family's safety." The man was filled with gratitude and provided all the details to Sigmund. "We leave in an hour, this will give Sigmund time to dispatch a messenger and you some time to pack again," and by those words the man left to acquire his belongings. When he was gone, Goriad II turned to Sigmund "No trace, you hear me Sigmund. They packed all their valuables and left. Burn it all, don't let me find out that some of their richess resurfaced on the black market!" and with a simple nod Sigmund also went on his way.

They had been travelling for about half an hour when Goriad II reigned in his horse and placed himself besides the man. "So you say you have seen Astros kill these men?" he asked and the man simply nodded "Yes milord, they even screamed his name out in horrible agony." He was met with a nod, "Yes, I see, and why did he do this?" Goriad II continued in his enquiries of the matter. "I don't know milord, they say he's the devil, he kills randomly, for sport," and Goriad II started laughing "Well, I also hunt for sport my friend, but such hunting is often far from random. Further south I have encountered a pagan sect who call themselves krillians, quite an aggressive bunch and their method of entry is often to infiltrate communities and slowly convert cowards and traitors to their heretic faith. Perhaps that happened here as well?"

"No, impossible milord, I've known harald, one of the men he killed, for all my life. He would never..." but he was interrupted "Never is such definitive word and often misused. Are you certain there were not small hints that he may have been corrupted?" Again the man shook his head, "I know of none." "Hmmm, I see," Goriad II replied, "Perhaps if you think more carefully. Can you prove their innosence then? That they are not part of a sect?" The man now hesitated "That is impossible to prove milord, except for my word." Goriad II shook his head "So it will simply be your word against that of Astros, a commoner versus a noblemen. That does not bode well I fear." He said now with a small grin as he rode ahead again.

A few hours later, as the party stopped for a short break, Sigmund now approached the man. "I pity you," he said seemingly sincere. "Pity? Why milord?" was the reply of the man. "It will be the head of the Inquisition who will decide your faith and that of Astros and he is that head," he said as he pointed to Goriad II "and so far you've seem to fail to convince him." The man shook his head: "But how can I convince him? So maybe Astros goes free?" Sigmund now smilled "Not just that, if you as a commoner were found to press false claims to a noblemen, you will be executed through torture yourself along with your entire family."

It was only now that the man seemed to understand the meaning of Goriad II's words "But, how can I convince him?" he nearly begged to Sigmund, "Please, my family." Sigmund took a deep breath "There are only two ways my friend. Either you prove the innocense of the man which Astros killed, or you prove their guild and as such avoid pressing a false claim. It often happens that we as humans overlook certain signs of wrongdoing because we believe to know the other person. Have they not acted suspicious these last few years? Been to meetings, trying to alter some local policy, enter the town hooded perhaps? You have 5 hours remaining to either prove Harald's guilt or innocense and that of your own."
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela