BattleMaster > Roleplaying

Goriad II's emigration to BT

(1/5) > >>

Gabanus family:
- Goriad II started his career in Talerium on Atamara and when it sank moved to the Assasins on the Colonies. Now he has arrived in the far south of BT. He has quite the back story, but I never saved his RP's, so I wish to start now and also retro-actively shed some light on his past again through the current RP's. -

- I mainly prefer to write smaller RP's, because a) I think people tend to read/like those more and b) time. This way I can easily write several a week -

- Each heading is a new RP, but I'll copy paste them below each other as a 'story' so to say -

- Any remarks, suggestions etc are most welcome :) -

At the docks in Rines
Goriad II finally arrived at Rines and as he stepped up on the docks he looked around. "What the hell," he mumbled "these bloody architects lack creativity, it's the same old !@#$ as Ash'rily over here," he said as he began to raise his voice. Dock workers continued their busy routines, but some children stopped their game and stared at this new stranger who was talking to himself out loud. "What is an Ash'ly?" one of the kids asked. Goriad always traveled in rather common cloth, so generally none adressed him 'properly' nor did  he care much for it. "Ash'rily, what do they teach you here at school," he said "the biggest city on the bloody island...well its sunk now, good riddance," and he walked on, but the kids would not let him go. "Was it the daemons?" one asked and Goriad had already lost his patience and so he took out a curved blade, seemingly out of nowhere "nobody knows what sank it, now leave."

"Sure glad they sank that hell hole in the south at least. Finally got that bastard on a different continent than myself. Hmmm, didn't he die here, I should definately visit that place once. It'll be fun to carve a knife out of his bones, hehe," and so Goriad II moved on, mumbling to himself and smiling. "Now let's get a map, where to go"

In the city of Rines
Goriad II made his way to the city gates and as he walked through the streets he got an aweful feeling. "This city is nearly a copy," he thought "It's not just the port, it's everything." On his way outside of the city he passed through a map maker. The man asked 3 gold for the map of the entire continent. "3 gold?" Goriad II asked, "no my friend, you seem to be mistaking as I'm sure you said 2 gold was more than enough." As he reached for his money his purposefully opened his coat, showing a short piercing dagger. "Yes yes, 2 gold, that's what I said."

Goriad II opened the map, "Are you sure this is the map of this continent?" and the mapmaker nodded, somewhat intimidated. "This is just some jacked up version of Atamara!" he now started against the poor man, further raising his voice, "Are you trying to scam me, you bloody fool, you made a mistake!" The man started to make wild gestures, "No Sir, this is Beluaterra, but this and Atamara were said to be the twin islands, that is before the daemon invasion caused some of our cities to sink last time, I swear to you."

Goriad II just looked at him bewildered, "If I find out that you scammed me, I'll know how to find you" and he moved onwards.

Goriad arrived at the city of Grekh
Goriad II finally arrived at the city of Grehk. "So this is the famous city that my uncle so badly wanted but never got? I like it already, what about you Sigmund?" he said with a smile to his scribe. The scribe, around mid fourties, quite tall for a man, had been with Goriad II for nearly 18 years. He followed another, who did not quite managed to catch up with his master, but Sigmund had no difficulties and had actually enjoyed the many adventures. "Well technically he failed at getting Riverhom my Lord, I believe they call this..." he paused for a moment as he took out the map they had acquired earlier in Rines "they call this, Grehk, with some weird silent h in the middle."

Goriad II just stared at him, "Well if it's silent, then just drop it, I don't like the silent types." He was in a good mood, back to what seemed like familiar lands, but without the things that haunted them and him for so long. "Let's go inside Sigmund, Grek, the symbol of his failure, I love it!"

Captured in Grekh
Goriad II was walking through the streets of Grekh when he noticed the trail of some beasts that had made their way inside. "Sigmund, look, 4 legged for certain, relatively heavy, look at the imprint in the mud here," he said as he pointed to a muddy area that looked like to be the beginning of a small street, either unpaved or simply covered in mud due to the poor maintenance. "Several even, I count at least 3, equal of size, probably lone males," he continued. "let's have some fun shall we," and he moved to follow the trail, with Sigmund following him as he had grown used to his master's ways.

As they were following the trail a thought suddenly hit Goriad II, entirely unconnected to their hunt, but he was afraid he would forget it again. "Sigmund, none of these nobles have answered my questions have they?" Sigmund a bit confused, as he was not expecting this topic during the hunt took a few seconds to reply: "No, none of them, perhaps they have yet to receive them." Goriad shook his head: "Nah, I bet these are those proper noble kind, you know the once we used to raid into submission back at home." Sigmund smiled, "Yes that could be." Goriad II now started smiling as well: "Once this hunt is finished, write these noblemen in the most poshy way you can, do it Cagilan style heh, pompous bastards."

Just as Goriad II finished these words, he suddenly noticed several people in their area, trying to hide themselves, poorly, but he had failed to notice them as he was busy with the hunt and his conversation, he had let his guard drop. "Sigmund, move into the next house, no questions, then double back around the back and sneak back to our camp. Safeguard the gold my friend, I'll distract them. Sigmund who now too saw them did directly as ordered. As he made his way out, Goriad II was less fortunate and decided to surrender without bloodshed. No need to risk his life here, he'd find a way out soon enough he thought.

Gabanus family:
Training day at Cjelegy
As Goriad II sat in Cjelegy with his new men, he decided it was time to see what they were worth, since no movement would be made today. "Listen up you dogs, let's see if some of you have the potential to be wolves!" he said loudly as he stepped out of his tent. "Sigmund, do you think they're ready?" he said with a smile to his former captain, "Not quite, most of them will be dead before the month is due probably given the looks of them," the man said with a crooked smirk. "Well, if you lot prefer to live, I suggest you pay some attention as I teach you how to hunt, like true wolves," Goriad II continued.

The men put on their light armor and some of the men looked slightly bewildered and eventually one of them raised a question: "My Lord, we've already received training on how to fight on the battlefield, why degrade it with hunting?" and this was followed by several nodding men and agreeing sounds, while many others remained silent. "Allow me to explain this to you in a simple and clear manner boy!" he started "You see, those fools who stand on the battlefield tend to die by the hundreds, facing their opponents head on and then yelling rubbish about honor and dignity, but I've been in wars, and the honorable often die." He paused for a moment to let the silence do his talking, but then continued "For instance, can you tell me boy, where is Sigmund," and only at that moment did the men realise that Sigmund had disappeared. They had paid so much attention to Goriad II, that they failed to notice his aid to have walked away.

"You can't? Fools, lesson number one, always be ready to hunt and always assume someone is hunting you!" and the moment he had finished his words, an arrow flew right into his armor, piercing through his shoulder and the man screamed of pain "You're lucky boy, if this arrow didn't hit either your heart or your head, that means Sigmund let you live this time. Now for the rest of you, are you finally ready to learn how to hunt?"

Ranting just before a battle
As Goriad II was relaxing just before the battle, a messenger arrived and he had Sigmund read the letter to him. "Mind your tongue young Goriad. Especially when stating a blatant intent to disobey orders," before Sigmund could finish however Goriad II interrupted him. "Mind my tongue, mind my tongue, my tongue is the last thing he should worry about! And did he call me young? By Obeah, tell me this is not some old fool who was appointed because his father was someone, or did something? Sorry Sigmund, go on" and Sigmund continued:

"While I still breathe, and the title of marshal remains mine, command of this army is mine. That being said. I had not seen the scout reports of incoming enemy forces. All Nobles who are in Cjelegy or can arrive by next turn. May do so. All others are to finish a refit in Rines, and rally in Cjelegy while we prepare to march north."

Goriad II just laughed for a moment: "Go tell that pompous old fool that I will obey his orders as long as they make sense. I promised Lady Rania my service and she'll have it, but I won't follow some idiot who doesn't even bother to read his scrolls before bloody giving orders. We'd kill fools like that in Talerium and take their place, Sigmund what happened to our old home?" and Goriad lost sight of the point he wanted to make as his mind wondered back to an earlier time at a different continent in a different land.

"Just tell him that I'm here to serve Lady Rania and Obeah and that I'll protect our realm or something, now is everyone ready for the hunt or what?" Sigmund sighed, "I'll think of something milord, and yes, everyone is ready. It promises to be a good shooting practise I believe," and Goriad II nodded.

Gabanus family:
Twisted hunting at Ajitmon
Goriad II received Vahanian's last orders and listened to Sigmund reading it out loud. Once he had finished Goriad II smirked for a moment and with a rather suspicious grin said to his friend: "Very well, let's get a move on then shall we Sigmund. And be carefull when navigating. It's best to avoid these nasty creatures as the Marshal ordered, we wouldn't want to hunt them on our own now would we?" Sigmund smiled back at his master and ordered the men to pack and move. Goriad II had ordered his 6 scouts to move forward and locate the location of the beasts to them, as well as any decent ambushing location in the area.

By the time the party arrived at the border of Ajitmon, 4 of the scouts were already waiting for them and reported that the beast were relatively close by and had been attacking some farmers in the area. Another reported 2 ambushing locations, of which Goriad II chose the latter. It was a perfect spot located upwinds of the monster layer with a road leading in between two forest ridges. Any scent coming from the area would certainly be picked up by the monsters and so Goriad II ordered his men to cover themselves with mud and leaves, to take up a more natural aroma, several miles before reaching their destination. Five of the men set up the camp and guarded it, while 38 were led by Sigmund to the forest ridges and hid themselves, ready for an ambush.

Meanwhile Goriad II took 4 men to the farmers who had been terrorized and offered to protect them as they brought their piece of theharvest to the main village. The farmers were very happy and under the guidance of Goriad II and his 4 men, two of the farmers hopped into their cart and rode down the road. As they finally reached the ambush location, Goriad II ordered both carts to stop and stepped in front of them. The two farmers, curious as they were joined him, only to find out that this noblemen was staring at nothing in the ground, but it was too late. The moment they realized something was off, Goriad II had already taken out two of his 3 Talerium raiding blades and stabbed both man in their guts, precisely so that they would bleed well, but not die for quite a while.

His men looked somewhat shocked, but Sigmund quickly arose from the treeline, ordering the other men to halt. Within in mere seconds they had placed the farmers back on their carts and tied them up so they wouldn't escape. A scent the beast would surely smell and come to investigate.

The plan worked as 5 bearlike creatures approached the site of the men, cautiously at first, but once they spotted no danger they rushed to the men to eat. Just as all 5 were present, Goriad II opened fire, followed by his 42 men including Sigmund and within two rounds of arrow fire all the creatures had fallen down, dead.

As Goriad II approached the ambush location, he ordered his men to lift up the bears and use their claws and teeth to mame the men, especially the location where he had stabbed them. By the time they had finished, some men were vomiting, but the two farmers missed a hand or two, and were mamed over quite extensive parts of their body, giving none a clue that this was anything more than an attack. Goriad II rode back to the village, declared that the monsters had attacked them, that the farmers had been killed, but the beasts as well.

Gabanus family:
Goriad II decided to greet one of the new nobles, a Lady Jarra
Goriad II was sitting in Ajitmon. He had spend the last few days training his men, teaching them one hunting technique or another. After the initial training, none of his men got wounded anymore, although none spoke up against Goriad II or Sigmund again either, rather they listened carefully.

As he woke up, quite early as he often did, he looked at Sigmund but noticed that they no further orders had been given. He sighed "Sigmund, we're going to end up killing him, won't we?" he softly said and Sigmund shrugged his shoulders and slowly shook his head left and right "We could wel do milord, but it wouldn't sit so well with Lady Rania I think." After hearing that Goriad II stood up from his desk, opened the flap of his tent and walked outside "No, I suppose it won't. Perhaps it's time for us to take some distance from the old fool. Get a pen and paper Sigmund, and ask her if we can form a second army away from him, by Obeah!"  Sigmund smiled, "you're getting the hang of it," and he was met with a smile of his master who only nodded.

"As you write the letter, I think I'll be looking for lady Jarra. According to one of the scouts she has arrived. Her banners were spotted a bit south of here near an open plain, joining the main camp. We should teach her not to do that too often Sigmund, she'll make herself a target."

And so Goriad II rode towards Jarra's camp. He was hardly wearing any armor, but was rather dressed in a black cloack, which covered his 3 raiding blades, his throwing knives under his sleaves and a blowpipe just behind his right shoulderblade, with several poisonous darts lightly sown into his collar.  By the time he arrived at her camp he unseated his horse, a proud and loyal beast he brought from Atamara itself. He tapped the horse on his back so he would run towards the camp, which startled the guards, a horse with no rider, and most of the followed the horse. This allowed Goriad II to sneak into the camp to greet Jarra, nearly privately, save from most likely her captain and perhaps 1 or 2 guards. Normally he would have quickly killed the guards, but today he came with good intentions.

Gabanus family:
Goriad II arrives at Jarra's tent
Roleplay from Jarra Bennet   (1 day, 11 hours ago)
message to all nobles of Obia'Syela

"So you're saying that when the Blue Fist smashes the Daimons or undead, or whatever we're fighting right in the face, they will already be scattered due to many volleys of arrows, and I will be behind the line anyway, so no need to worry, right? Do I follow?" - Jarra asked her captain curiously but then noticed that she's distracted with neighing sounds outside and soon shifts her attention above Jarra's shoulder to the entrance of their tent.

Young Lady swiftly turned around and scanned the visitor with her eyes. It was a cloaked man, roughly twice her age, dressed in dark colours. She then turned back to her captain and said:

"Maura! I told you already not to receive your scouts in my tent! I just had my boots cleaned. Do you know how hard it is to clean the mud off lamb leather?"

"But m'Lady, he's..."
"Yes, I'm sure he's very capable scout, he certainly looks very imposing, but he would be equally capable outside, I believe?" - Jarra cut her off in mid-sentence, but Maura continued persistently:

"M'Lady, what I wanted to say is that he is a nobleman. Sir Goriad II Gabanus, I believe." - to that words Jarra suddenly envied her captain's strong, motionless, dark effigy of a face, for she felt the skin of her own face getting as red as the finest Nothoian wine, radiating heat in the process, and her eyebrows twitching uncontrollably.

"That's preposterous, how would you kn..." - now she didn't get to finish the sentence as her captain cut her off:
"Our scouts don't use horses for the same reason bandits don't use horses - too expensive to purchase and too expensive in upkeep. And certainly neither our scouts not the ones of other Lords would use deception to get into our camp, common men get beheaded for such tricks. Altough not of the finest silk, the cloak of our guest is very well made and dark, inconspicuous clothes for a noble who wants to travel all by his lonesome are much better choice than a blue dress..." - saying that Maura looked at her lady making sure that she didn't caught the allusion and continued - "As for the precise identity of our noble guest - only Sir Gedrid and Sir Goriad are roughly that age, and Sir Gedrid is presently in Avengmil. It's all common knowledge to noble commanders and their captains." - saying that, Maura bowed slightly towards Sir Goriad II and finally let go of the hilt of her scimtar, making Jarra realise that she was ready to unsheathe it the second she heard the horse outside.

Young Lady exhaled, still facing away from Sir Goriad and after a couple long seconds turned to face him:

"Sir Goriad. How splendid to finally meet you in person. Your letters suggested that you'ra a rather extraordinary person, but I failed to imagine quite how extraordinary in fact. Please take a seat."
Jarra waved around and shouted some commands, having wine, cheese and fresh fruits fetched, while Maura had guards posted outside the tent, leaving her lady and her guest to their privacy.

Goriad II acting as his strange ass self
Goriad II looked amusingly as the young lady and her captain went back and forth, untill Jarra too understood who he was and she welcomed him, offering him a seat. "Goriad is my father," he said just as the captain left "but she's a keeper you know, not all captains have their whits about them I can tell you that," he continued with a smile, but rather than to sit down he walked towards Jarra, looked her in the eye for a moment and then walked around her in a circle, examining every part of the young lady, her perfectly clean boots, her fine clothes and a relatively tall length for a women, making her about as tall as himself, but he could spot no weapons. Jarra was still nervous and the twitching of her eyebrows had yet to stop and Goriad II walking around her, closely, no doubt did not aid in putting her at ease.

He had been silent for a while as he examined her and then suddenly made a sound "Allow me, milady" he said as he approached her from behind and took her hair in his hands. Jarra was nearly frozen, but Goriad II made no further inappropriate moves, but only put up her hair. He placed one hair pin after the other in Jarra's beautiful fawny hair, untill he had created a nearly perfect knot, held up by an array of about fifteen hairpins which were shaped in a nearly perfect circle. As Goriad II finished he walked towards the chair she had offered him and he sat down. As he had taken his seat, he pulled out a throwing knife from his sleeve and held it in the hair "Now for step 2, let's teach you how to use them."

Jarra had a confused look on her face and was entirely obblivious to what Goriad II in reality had actually done. She felt her hair, and touched the hairpins and no doubt wondered why this strange noblemen had just spent two minutes redoing her hair, her beautiful hair. "Hehe, that's one of my sister's tricks, few if any will know of it," he continued as he leaned back "No guard will touch such a beautiful noble lady like yourself, especially with those rediculous fancy blue gauntlets and you are showing everything, meaning there are no places for you to hide weapons, none will search you and so none will ever suspect you to bring 15 throwing knives with you, now will they?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version