Author Topic: Goriad II's emigration to BT  (Read 8946 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Goriad II's emigration to BT
« Topic Start: August 30, 2017, 09:43:55 AM »
- Goriad II started his career in Talerium on Atamara and when it sank moved to the Assasins on the Colonies. Now he has arrived in the far south of BT. He has quite the back story, but I never saved his RP's, so I wish to start now and also retro-actively shed some light on his past again through the current RP's. -

- I mainly prefer to write smaller RP's, because a) I think people tend to read/like those more and b) time. This way I can easily write several a week -

- Each heading is a new RP, but I'll copy paste them below each other as a 'story' so to say -

- Any remarks, suggestions etc are most welcome :) -

At the docks in Rines
Goriad II finally arrived at Rines and as he stepped up on the docks he looked around. "What the hell," he mumbled "these bloody architects lack creativity, it's the same old !@#$ as Ash'rily over here," he said as he began to raise his voice. Dock workers continued their busy routines, but some children stopped their game and stared at this new stranger who was talking to himself out loud. "What is an Ash'ly?" one of the kids asked. Goriad always traveled in rather common cloth, so generally none adressed him 'properly' nor did  he care much for it. "Ash'rily, what do they teach you here at school," he said "the biggest city on the bloody island...well its sunk now, good riddance," and he walked on, but the kids would not let him go. "Was it the daemons?" one asked and Goriad had already lost his patience and so he took out a curved blade, seemingly out of nowhere "nobody knows what sank it, now leave."

"Sure glad they sank that hell hole in the south at least. Finally got that bastard on a different continent than myself. Hmmm, didn't he die here, I should definately visit that place once. It'll be fun to carve a knife out of his bones, hehe," and so Goriad II moved on, mumbling to himself and smiling. "Now let's get a map, where to go"

In the city of Rines
Goriad II made his way to the city gates and as he walked through the streets he got an aweful feeling. "This city is nearly a copy," he thought "It's not just the port, it's everything." On his way outside of the city he passed through a map maker. The man asked 3 gold for the map of the entire continent. "3 gold?" Goriad II asked, "no my friend, you seem to be mistaking as I'm sure you said 2 gold was more than enough." As he reached for his money his purposefully opened his coat, showing a short piercing dagger. "Yes yes, 2 gold, that's what I said."

Goriad II opened the map, "Are you sure this is the map of this continent?" and the mapmaker nodded, somewhat intimidated. "This is just some jacked up version of Atamara!" he now started against the poor man, further raising his voice, "Are you trying to scam me, you bloody fool, you made a mistake!" The man started to make wild gestures, "No Sir, this is Beluaterra, but this and Atamara were said to be the twin islands, that is before the daemon invasion caused some of our cities to sink last time, I swear to you."

Goriad II just looked at him bewildered, "If I find out that you scammed me, I'll know how to find you" and he moved onwards.

Goriad arrived at the city of Grekh
Goriad II finally arrived at the city of Grehk. "So this is the famous city that my uncle so badly wanted but never got? I like it already, what about you Sigmund?" he said with a smile to his scribe. The scribe, around mid fourties, quite tall for a man, had been with Goriad II for nearly 18 years. He followed another, who did not quite managed to catch up with his master, but Sigmund had no difficulties and had actually enjoyed the many adventures. "Well technically he failed at getting Riverhom my Lord, I believe they call this..." he paused for a moment as he took out the map they had acquired earlier in Rines "they call this, Grehk, with some weird silent h in the middle."

Goriad II just stared at him, "Well if it's silent, then just drop it, I don't like the silent types." He was in a good mood, back to what seemed like familiar lands, but without the things that haunted them and him for so long. "Let's go inside Sigmund, Grek, the symbol of his failure, I love it!"

Captured in Grekh
Goriad II was walking through the streets of Grekh when he noticed the trail of some beasts that had made their way inside. "Sigmund, look, 4 legged for certain, relatively heavy, look at the imprint in the mud here," he said as he pointed to a muddy area that looked like to be the beginning of a small street, either unpaved or simply covered in mud due to the poor maintenance. "Several even, I count at least 3, equal of size, probably lone males," he continued. "let's have some fun shall we," and he moved to follow the trail, with Sigmund following him as he had grown used to his master's ways.

As they were following the trail a thought suddenly hit Goriad II, entirely unconnected to their hunt, but he was afraid he would forget it again. "Sigmund, none of these nobles have answered my questions have they?" Sigmund a bit confused, as he was not expecting this topic during the hunt took a few seconds to reply: "No, none of them, perhaps they have yet to receive them." Goriad shook his head: "Nah, I bet these are those proper noble kind, you know the once we used to raid into submission back at home." Sigmund smiled, "Yes that could be." Goriad II now started smiling as well: "Once this hunt is finished, write these noblemen in the most poshy way you can, do it Cagilan style heh, pompous bastards."

Just as Goriad II finished these words, he suddenly noticed several people in their area, trying to hide themselves, poorly, but he had failed to notice them as he was busy with the hunt and his conversation, he had let his guard drop. "Sigmund, move into the next house, no questions, then double back around the back and sneak back to our camp. Safeguard the gold my friend, I'll distract them. Sigmund who now too saw them did directly as ordered. As he made his way out, Goriad II was less fortunate and decided to surrender without bloodshed. No need to risk his life here, he'd find a way out soon enough he thought.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 01:06:02 PM by Gabanus family »
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Goriad II's emigration to BT
« Reply #1: September 14, 2017, 12:23:11 PM »
Training day at Cjelegy
As Goriad II sat in Cjelegy with his new men, he decided it was time to see what they were worth, since no movement would be made today. "Listen up you dogs, let's see if some of you have the potential to be wolves!" he said loudly as he stepped out of his tent. "Sigmund, do you think they're ready?" he said with a smile to his former captain, "Not quite, most of them will be dead before the month is due probably given the looks of them," the man said with a crooked smirk. "Well, if you lot prefer to live, I suggest you pay some attention as I teach you how to hunt, like true wolves," Goriad II continued.

The men put on their light armor and some of the men looked slightly bewildered and eventually one of them raised a question: "My Lord, we've already received training on how to fight on the battlefield, why degrade it with hunting?" and this was followed by several nodding men and agreeing sounds, while many others remained silent. "Allow me to explain this to you in a simple and clear manner boy!" he started "You see, those fools who stand on the battlefield tend to die by the hundreds, facing their opponents head on and then yelling rubbish about honor and dignity, but I've been in wars, and the honorable often die." He paused for a moment to let the silence do his talking, but then continued "For instance, can you tell me boy, where is Sigmund," and only at that moment did the men realise that Sigmund had disappeared. They had paid so much attention to Goriad II, that they failed to notice his aid to have walked away.

"You can't? Fools, lesson number one, always be ready to hunt and always assume someone is hunting you!" and the moment he had finished his words, an arrow flew right into his armor, piercing through his shoulder and the man screamed of pain "You're lucky boy, if this arrow didn't hit either your heart or your head, that means Sigmund let you live this time. Now for the rest of you, are you finally ready to learn how to hunt?"

Ranting just before a battle
As Goriad II was relaxing just before the battle, a messenger arrived and he had Sigmund read the letter to him. "Mind your tongue young Goriad. Especially when stating a blatant intent to disobey orders," before Sigmund could finish however Goriad II interrupted him. "Mind my tongue, mind my tongue, my tongue is the last thing he should worry about! And did he call me young? By Obeah, tell me this is not some old fool who was appointed because his father was someone, or did something? Sorry Sigmund, go on" and Sigmund continued:

"While I still breathe, and the title of marshal remains mine, command of this army is mine. That being said. I had not seen the scout reports of incoming enemy forces. All Nobles who are in Cjelegy or can arrive by next turn. May do so. All others are to finish a refit in Rines, and rally in Cjelegy while we prepare to march north."

Goriad II just laughed for a moment: "Go tell that pompous old fool that I will obey his orders as long as they make sense. I promised Lady Rania my service and she'll have it, but I won't follow some idiot who doesn't even bother to read his scrolls before bloody giving orders. We'd kill fools like that in Talerium and take their place, Sigmund what happened to our old home?" and Goriad lost sight of the point he wanted to make as his mind wondered back to an earlier time at a different continent in a different land.

"Just tell him that I'm here to serve Lady Rania and Obeah and that I'll protect our realm or something, now is everyone ready for the hunt or what?" Sigmund sighed, "I'll think of something milord, and yes, everyone is ready. It promises to be a good shooting practise I believe," and Goriad II nodded.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 06:44:45 PM by Gabanus family »

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 15, 2017, 09:29:00 AM »
Twisted hunting at Ajitmon
Goriad II received Vahanian's last orders and listened to Sigmund reading it out loud. Once he had finished Goriad II smirked for a moment and with a rather suspicious grin said to his friend: "Very well, let's get a move on then shall we Sigmund. And be carefull when navigating. It's best to avoid these nasty creatures as the Marshal ordered, we wouldn't want to hunt them on our own now would we?" Sigmund smiled back at his master and ordered the men to pack and move. Goriad II had ordered his 6 scouts to move forward and locate the location of the beasts to them, as well as any decent ambushing location in the area.

By the time the party arrived at the border of Ajitmon, 4 of the scouts were already waiting for them and reported that the beast were relatively close by and had been attacking some farmers in the area. Another reported 2 ambushing locations, of which Goriad II chose the latter. It was a perfect spot located upwinds of the monster layer with a road leading in between two forest ridges. Any scent coming from the area would certainly be picked up by the monsters and so Goriad II ordered his men to cover themselves with mud and leaves, to take up a more natural aroma, several miles before reaching their destination. Five of the men set up the camp and guarded it, while 38 were led by Sigmund to the forest ridges and hid themselves, ready for an ambush.

Meanwhile Goriad II took 4 men to the farmers who had been terrorized and offered to protect them as they brought their piece of theharvest to the main village. The farmers were very happy and under the guidance of Goriad II and his 4 men, two of the farmers hopped into their cart and rode down the road. As they finally reached the ambush location, Goriad II ordered both carts to stop and stepped in front of them. The two farmers, curious as they were joined him, only to find out that this noblemen was staring at nothing in the ground, but it was too late. The moment they realized something was off, Goriad II had already taken out two of his 3 Talerium raiding blades and stabbed both man in their guts, precisely so that they would bleed well, but not die for quite a while.

His men looked somewhat shocked, but Sigmund quickly arose from the treeline, ordering the other men to halt. Within in mere seconds they had placed the farmers back on their carts and tied them up so they wouldn't escape. A scent the beast would surely smell and come to investigate.

The plan worked as 5 bearlike creatures approached the site of the men, cautiously at first, but once they spotted no danger they rushed to the men to eat. Just as all 5 were present, Goriad II opened fire, followed by his 42 men including Sigmund and within two rounds of arrow fire all the creatures had fallen down, dead.

As Goriad II approached the ambush location, he ordered his men to lift up the bears and use their claws and teeth to mame the men, especially the location where he had stabbed them. By the time they had finished, some men were vomiting, but the two farmers missed a hand or two, and were mamed over quite extensive parts of their body, giving none a clue that this was anything more than an attack. Goriad II rode back to the village, declared that the monsters had attacked them, that the farmers had been killed, but the beasts as well.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 16, 2017, 12:53:51 PM »
Goriad II decided to greet one of the new nobles, a Lady Jarra
Goriad II was sitting in Ajitmon. He had spend the last few days training his men, teaching them one hunting technique or another. After the initial training, none of his men got wounded anymore, although none spoke up against Goriad II or Sigmund again either, rather they listened carefully.

As he woke up, quite early as he often did, he looked at Sigmund but noticed that they no further orders had been given. He sighed "Sigmund, we're going to end up killing him, won't we?" he softly said and Sigmund shrugged his shoulders and slowly shook his head left and right "We could wel do milord, but it wouldn't sit so well with Lady Rania I think." After hearing that Goriad II stood up from his desk, opened the flap of his tent and walked outside "No, I suppose it won't. Perhaps it's time for us to take some distance from the old fool. Get a pen and paper Sigmund, and ask her if we can form a second army away from him, by Obeah!"  Sigmund smiled, "you're getting the hang of it," and he was met with a smile of his master who only nodded.

"As you write the letter, I think I'll be looking for lady Jarra. According to one of the scouts she has arrived. Her banners were spotted a bit south of here near an open plain, joining the main camp. We should teach her not to do that too often Sigmund, she'll make herself a target."

And so Goriad II rode towards Jarra's camp. He was hardly wearing any armor, but was rather dressed in a black cloack, which covered his 3 raiding blades, his throwing knives under his sleaves and a blowpipe just behind his right shoulderblade, with several poisonous darts lightly sown into his collar.  By the time he arrived at her camp he unseated his horse, a proud and loyal beast he brought from Atamara itself. He tapped the horse on his back so he would run towards the camp, which startled the guards, a horse with no rider, and most of the followed the horse. This allowed Goriad II to sneak into the camp to greet Jarra, nearly privately, save from most likely her captain and perhaps 1 or 2 guards. Normally he would have quickly killed the guards, but today he came with good intentions.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:44:22 PM by Gabanus family »

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 18, 2017, 04:44:36 PM »
Goriad II arrives at Jarra's tent
Roleplay from Jarra Bennet   (1 day, 11 hours ago)
message to all nobles of Obia'Syela

"So you're saying that when the Blue Fist smashes the Daimons or undead, or whatever we're fighting right in the face, they will already be scattered due to many volleys of arrows, and I will be behind the line anyway, so no need to worry, right? Do I follow?" - Jarra asked her captain curiously but then noticed that she's distracted with neighing sounds outside and soon shifts her attention above Jarra's shoulder to the entrance of their tent.

Young Lady swiftly turned around and scanned the visitor with her eyes. It was a cloaked man, roughly twice her age, dressed in dark colours. She then turned back to her captain and said:

"Maura! I told you already not to receive your scouts in my tent! I just had my boots cleaned. Do you know how hard it is to clean the mud off lamb leather?"

"But m'Lady, he's..."
"Yes, I'm sure he's very capable scout, he certainly looks very imposing, but he would be equally capable outside, I believe?" - Jarra cut her off in mid-sentence, but Maura continued persistently:

"M'Lady, what I wanted to say is that he is a nobleman. Sir Goriad II Gabanus, I believe." - to that words Jarra suddenly envied her captain's strong, motionless, dark effigy of a face, for she felt the skin of her own face getting as red as the finest Nothoian wine, radiating heat in the process, and her eyebrows twitching uncontrollably.

"That's preposterous, how would you kn..." - now she didn't get to finish the sentence as her captain cut her off:
"Our scouts don't use horses for the same reason bandits don't use horses - too expensive to purchase and too expensive in upkeep. And certainly neither our scouts not the ones of other Lords would use deception to get into our camp, common men get beheaded for such tricks. Altough not of the finest silk, the cloak of our guest is very well made and dark, inconspicuous clothes for a noble who wants to travel all by his lonesome are much better choice than a blue dress..." - saying that Maura looked at her lady making sure that she didn't caught the allusion and continued - "As for the precise identity of our noble guest - only Sir Gedrid and Sir Goriad are roughly that age, and Sir Gedrid is presently in Avengmil. It's all common knowledge to noble commanders and their captains." - saying that, Maura bowed slightly towards Sir Goriad II and finally let go of the hilt of her scimtar, making Jarra realise that she was ready to unsheathe it the second she heard the horse outside.

Young Lady exhaled, still facing away from Sir Goriad and after a couple long seconds turned to face him:

"Sir Goriad. How splendid to finally meet you in person. Your letters suggested that you'ra a rather extraordinary person, but I failed to imagine quite how extraordinary in fact. Please take a seat."
Jarra waved around and shouted some commands, having wine, cheese and fresh fruits fetched, while Maura had guards posted outside the tent, leaving her lady and her guest to their privacy.

Goriad II acting as his strange ass self
Goriad II looked amusingly as the young lady and her captain went back and forth, untill Jarra too understood who he was and she welcomed him, offering him a seat. "Goriad is my father," he said just as the captain left "but she's a keeper you know, not all captains have their whits about them I can tell you that," he continued with a smile, but rather than to sit down he walked towards Jarra, looked her in the eye for a moment and then walked around her in a circle, examining every part of the young lady, her perfectly clean boots, her fine clothes and a relatively tall length for a women, making her about as tall as himself, but he could spot no weapons. Jarra was still nervous and the twitching of her eyebrows had yet to stop and Goriad II walking around her, closely, no doubt did not aid in putting her at ease.

He had been silent for a while as he examined her and then suddenly made a sound "Allow me, milady" he said as he approached her from behind and took her hair in his hands. Jarra was nearly frozen, but Goriad II made no further inappropriate moves, but only put up her hair. He placed one hair pin after the other in Jarra's beautiful fawny hair, untill he had created a nearly perfect knot, held up by an array of about fifteen hairpins which were shaped in a nearly perfect circle. As Goriad II finished he walked towards the chair she had offered him and he sat down. As he had taken his seat, he pulled out a throwing knife from his sleeve and held it in the hair "Now for step 2, let's teach you how to use them."

Jarra had a confused look on her face and was entirely obblivious to what Goriad II in reality had actually done. She felt her hair, and touched the hairpins and no doubt wondered why this strange noblemen had just spent two minutes redoing her hair, her beautiful hair. "Hehe, that's one of my sister's tricks, few if any will know of it," he continued as he leaned back "No guard will touch such a beautiful noble lady like yourself, especially with those rediculous fancy blue gauntlets and you are showing everything, meaning there are no places for you to hide weapons, none will search you and so none will ever suspect you to bring 15 throwing knives with you, now will they?"

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 26, 2017, 04:50:35 PM »
Jarra nearly kills Goriad II?
Roleplay from Jarra Bennet 
Jarra looked as Goriad II circled her watching her intently. Is he trying to charm me or take a measure of me - she thought. For a lingering moment she felt like a riddle someone's puzzling over, and she couldn't help but glance several times at her curious guest. He was not classically handsome but you couldn't say that he's ugly either. Certainly he had manly features, what with his nose clearly being at the wrong end of a clout more than once, his rough hair and those sapphires of eyes looking right through her.

Don't be quite girl, you're making a fool of yourself, look at him, this man is a warrior, he's not here to do your hair, he clearly came here to talk about strategy and war, and battles, and swords, and pikes, and perches, and trouts, and... n-not the trou...

"Allow me, milady" said Goraid II - interrupting her stream of thoughts and taking a hold of her hair - as she frozen completely dumbfounded. After a couple of minutes Jarra felt her hair heavier than usually, much heavier. She heard him saying about learning how to use them - this man must be insane, I don't need to know how to use hairpins, my servants do my hair for me, and as it appears sometimes mysterious knights do my hair for me, but I... she felt her hair and found very slim but surprisingly comfortable handles, more than dozen of them. She looked at the knife Sir Goriad II held and immediately understood. Jactosh's heel! I have whole armory on my head! - she was unsure if she hadn't said that out loud, she couldn't tell from her guest's reaction. He laughed briefly and said:

"... that's one of my sister's tricks, few if any will know of it. No guard will touch such a beautiful noble lady like yourself, especially with those ridiculous fancy blue gauntlets..." - she looked at her gauntlets, I won't take fashion advices from a men in black cloak - she thought as Goriad II continued - "... and you are showing everything, meaning there are no places for you to hide weapons, none will search you and so none will ever suspect you to bring 15 throwing knives with you, now will they?"

She took a brief while to ponder.

"So..." - she reinforced her pose and made the best attempt of appearing completely unsurprised - "so I assume you're going to teach me how to handle those knifes, -ehm, daggers? I have to warn you, I'm not completely green, I've watched Maura train the other day and I know just how t- HYA!" - she attempted to slide one of the blades out of her hair and point it at the cloaked knight with a preposterous battle shout, but she just slipped her fingers off the blade instead of handle and ended up cutting her fingers and almost hitting Goriad in the face. Her confident look immediately slipped off her face as her cheeks started radiating red colour once again. She could barely hear one of the guards through the embarrassment - "M'Lady, are you allright?!"

"I'm fine!" - she shouted at her guard and sucked at her finger to stop the bleeding. She then turned to Goriad II - "Sir Goriad, I don't believe there's much to be hunted in field tents. I think we should better continue it somewhere more private. Maura says we should be breaking camp before long, won't you invite me to accompany you during the travel?"

Goriad II as gentlemenly as he'll get:
"so I assume you're going to teach me how to handle those knifes, -ehm, daggers? I have to warn you, I'm not completely green, I've watched Maura train the other day and I know just how t- HYA!"

Goriad II made a quick movement as a simple reflex and blocked Jarra's attack with his left hand while with his right hand he quickly drew a small pointy dagger from his waste, but managed to stay his hand about half way through the motion, realizing he was not at risk here. Before Goriad II could say a word however a shouting from the guard came and the reply from Jarra "I'm Fine!" she yelled after which she sucked her finger as she apparently cut herself.

He chuckled a bit, a thing he did not do often, but this mix of ladylike innocence, the blushing and the failed attempt to impress him were quite amusing to him. The chuckle lasted for a couple of seconds during which Jarra attempted to change the conversation ""Sir Goriad, I don't believe there's much to be hunted in field tents. I think we should better continue it somewhere more private. Maura says we should be breaking camp before long, won't you invite me to accompany you during the travel?" Once she finished he stood up, kneeled in front of the young lady and took her hand. He sucked out the last bit of blood from her finger before he tore a small piece of cloth from his undergarment and placed it around her finger.

He chuckled again, "You'll cut yourself a few more times. If you're afraid to do so then hunting is no matter for you," and he stood up and lifted up his shirt, showing a scar which ran from just below his shoulder all the way to his stomach "often it's someone else however trying to cut you." He smiled again as he thought back to the battle the got him the scar.

"It would be my pleasure if you would accompany me, but would Maura let you leave with such a dangerous man as myself?" he said as he smiled again, it seemed he was in an unusual good mood, a thing he did not quite notice, but Sigmund had. Sigmund had followed him to the camp a bit later as several letters arrived, including two from Vahanian, but upon hearing his master chuckle he decided it was best not to sour the mood with such matters, by now he knew better. And so he waited a bit outside together with Maura, who knows what they were talking about, but when Goriad II and Jarra walked outside the tent he greeted his Lord and informed him that the men were ready for travel. "Good Sigmund, if Maura will allow us, I will take Lady Jarra ahead of the army for a short while."

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 27, 2017, 03:56:12 PM »
Goriad II beating up a commoner
Goriad II had arrived in Rines and emediately went to th recruiting halls to get himself some more men. He inspected the lot, and ultimately took nearly all of them "We'll weed out the weakre ones Sigmund, but we can use some more men," he said as he paid for the men.

"Gentlemen, as our first order of duty, I want you to find me a man called Bobbo. He's one of them commoners who call themselves adventurers and this one disrespected me, so we will correct him. Let me know once you tracked him down." It took well over an hour, but some of his men had found a tavern where the man had been spotted, so Goriad II rallied his men, apart from the 3 wounded he left with the healers and 5 more he left to guard his belongings. Before he arrived at the place however, some of his men had already captured the man and brought him before Goriad II.

"Well Bobbo, first you offer to sell me magic scrolls and then you choose to ignore me in stead? Haven't they told you it's dangerous to ignore a Lord, he may consider it an insult," and before he had even finished speaking, the first punch hit the man in the face, and another and as he fell to the ground Goriad II placed the front of his boots in the man's side. "You have two options, you can apologize to me once you wake up and come to fall under my protection, or you can continue to disrespect me and then I will not be as friendly as today."

With those words Goriad II not only ended his speech, but the man's conciousness as well as he placed a last kick on his head, leaving Bobbo lying on the floor like... a dead fish. Or whatever.

(Ooc, this is the actual text I got when doing it...damn that's brutal, but couldn't resist keeping the fish part in: "Your men spread out and quickly capture Bobbo, bringing him before you. You punch the scoundrel, stomp and kick, until he eats the dirt, lying straight on the ground like... a dead fish. Or whatever. You surely are feeling better now).

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 19, 2017, 12:34:51 PM »
Waking up after getting wounded
Goriad II woke up once more this morning and the pain had been much lessened since he was first struck by the beast. As he had ordered his men to advance, he suddenly noticed they were alone and as he looked back to see where the banner of Jarra had been the two units clashed and Goriad II was not paying his usual attention. As his men did as instructed and opened up their ranks to lure in the beasts and cut them a thousand tiny cuts, their lord did not move as his attention had been towards the back. A giant creature, which looked like the mix of a wild boar and a grizzly marched one of its tusks at Goriad II. He turned around too late and was hit in the side and while he managed to ultimately kill the beast with some well placed strikes, he was bleeding badly. As his men heard his cursing mixed with a scream, they turned around and took their Lord of the battlefield who fell unconcious around half way in the retreat.

He sat up in his bed as he called in Sigmund "Get me Jarra in here, now!" His captain wanted to question his master's orders as he had just only come by, was half naked with his wound wrapped in cloth, but he dared not say a thing. "Get him cleaned up," Sigmund said against some of the soldiers, but his master countered his orders "No, I want to see her the consequences of failure of following orders. It's best to learn it young as we did, don't you think?"

Message of Obeah for the peasantry
It was early afternoon in one of the towns in Ardmore. The weather had well, the soon stood high in the sky and the townhall had been very crowded on this pleasant day. Many spoke amongst themselves about the forces of Obia'Syela whom had been rumored to have entered the area and started claiming the lands as theirs. The village had not been reached yet, but they knew it would be a matter of time until the invaders would arrive and so many had gone outside to discuss their future with their fellow villagers.

In the mids of this activity a man moved up to the announcement booth of the local governers, a small hightened spot which was also used by local entertainers, but this was nobody they knew. He was in his fourties and looked as if he had been to war, but he was no noblemen, that was for sure and there were no troops, so who was he? "People of Ardmore, listen to me!" the man started "Soon the men of Obia'Syela come here to demand your loyalty, to demand that you bow to their Goddess, Obeah..." he paused a moment "The Daisha are not pleased with this herecy and we must not relent!" and as he spoke he heard some rare cheers from the crowd while most were silent. "Yes, yes! Come here my brothers, those that follow the Daisha, those that hold our faith high, join me here and show your fellow villagers how strong you are!" and he pointed towards those that cheered "Yes, show the unity that Daisha gives us all" and slowly the group on the hightened platform grew slightly. Some men, old and young, women and even some children, certainly a group of 50 assembled on the platform while others did not join.

"Aaaagh! noooooo!" cries were heard from the public below as about 20 of the 50 men on the stage slit the throats of the other 30, even the children and then suddenly another man approached forward, a dark cloack wielding two curved blades. "Thank you Sigmund, now allow me," he said with a smile to the first announcer.

"The faithful of Obeah know, only she can rid us of the daimons, only her return will save us all. Those who vehemently would oppose her can only be purged by death! Those of you who doubt, you can still be reasoned with. These lands are yours to work on, as long as you accept our rule and pay honor to Obeah! Together, our faith will call the coming of the Veiled Goddess, those who oppose her coming will die!"

Roleplay from Jarra Bennet   (15 days, 10 hours ago)

Jarra was just reading the scroll with Sermon in Keffa when a heavy knock on the doors was heard. She turned her attention to the entrance and when it opened two infantrymen could be seen, not ones of her own - this much she could tell by the lack of blue gauntlets. She turned her attention back to the reading at hand and after a short while her captain indicated that those men were Forest Hunters and forwarded a message that Lord Goriad II is requesting her presence.

Jarra's reaction was ambivalent, on one hand Lord Goriad was trully extraordinary and after events in Melegra and on their way to Ajitmon she was certain that if there was adventure to be had in these wild lands, there's neither better nor safer place to have it than close to this inconspicuous noble hunter; on the other hand however she was certain that the man didn't became who he became by exercising forgiveness and mercy, and she did cost him a pound of flesh. Was it a misplaced letter or a misunderstood order? She couldn't recall, perhaps it was all because of her own injury - she pondered, rubbing the little red star on the left side of her forehead.

There's no point in guessing with that man, he could call me to rearrange my hairstyle for all I know - she thought to herself immediately moving her hand over to the "hairpins" in her hair-knot, even though fewer than originally they still weren't so neatly arranged.

After half an hour of dressing up and making arrangements she stormed out her hut and not a minute later she was already mounting her magnificent destrier. Silly choice - most would think - for someone so poorly armoured, courser would be much more suitable. But ever since her adolescence in Fatexna she had a way with beasts and whatever natural advantage she possessed she was never shy to use it, so she took the strongest, fiercest, most ferocious beast she could find.

On her way to Goriad's camp she encountered Maura and a dozen of her men escorting several peasants. Two of her men she noticed hauling firewood behind the squad, another two carrying big wooden logs. One of the captive peasants was shouting:

"No tribute to false idols! No tribute to false lords!
The true lord comes from the portal
to visit mortal plane
true lord really is immortal
his power never wanes!
NO OBEAH, NO OBEAH!"

Jarra stopped to enquire about the scene:

"Heretics?" - she asked and Maura nodded in response - "What will happen to them?"

"They will be sternly reprimanded." - Maura replied - "Most of them will have to pay fine, double taxation. The most vocal one will be flogged."

Jarra seemed satisfied and continued towards Goriad's camp, deliberating - why would my men carry the firewood? Why wouldn't they have the peasants carry it for them as part of the punishment? Oh, nevermind, it's not even that cold tonight.

Upon arriving young Lady was met by Sigmund, who had apologetic face while motioning towards his Lord's quarters, she couldn't understand why untill she entered... whatever she was expecting, it wasn't that.

During the long silent seconds Jarra's eyes opened as wide as her facial features allowed. Her slightly opened mouth wanted to form a proper greeting but could only mutter out:

"L-Lord Goriad..."

Bloody Handprint
Goriad II was sitting upright in his bed, giving orders to servants, soldiers and going through the great many letters he had received untill he heard several men approaching and entering the tent, bringing Jarra with them. She was well dressed as usual, but also had some of his 'pins' in her hair, fewer than he had given her, and not as neat, but she war them. ""L-Lord Goriad..." she finally muttered, before she went silent again.

"Jarra, just the one I was waiting for," he said with a sly smile as he ordered everyone else to leave the tent "Sigmund, none enters, do you understand?"

He got up from the bed, grunting from visible pain but still he got up. As it was summer he only had some cloths on that would resemble a medium sized under garments, although for some reason he was wearing light armor covering up his thighs and also his forearms, although he wore no further clothing on his upper body, just the pads with wolven ornaments.

"The consequences of failure are dire Jarra," he said as he now follow had stood up "I want you to understand that," and Jarra looked quite concerned as she didn't know what exactly Goriad II was capable of and would do. He then placed his hand on his bandages and tore them of in a single yank. Blood started to seep through the wound once more, although it was further covered in herbs as well. "A single failure of an inquisitor, can be the death of another," he said, now smiling. "I was looking back to see where you were and let this bastard surprise me, but they can't kill me this easily."

He placed his hand on his wound, taking up the blood seeping through it on his hand and ensured his entire hand was covered. He then moved to Jarra, placed his two hands on the sides of her head and said "Do you understand the consequences of failure?" As he released her, the right side of her head, her cheak and all, were now covered in a single bloody handprint.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 19, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »
Roleplay from Jarra Bennet   (9 days, 16 hours ago)

"The consequences of failure are dire Jarra," Goriad II said as he stood up from his bed "I want you to understand that," - what does he mean - Jarra thought watching him walk towards her. He then placed his hand on his bandages and tore them of in a single yank. At the sight of uncovered wound Jarra went a bit dizzy but she swiftly came back to her senses when Goriad placed his hand on his wound, taking up the blood seeping through it on his hand, ensuring his entire hand was covered. He then moved to Jarra, placed his two hands on the sides of her head and said "Do you understand the consequences of failure?" - the metallic taste of his blood found it's way to her mouth, it was soured with herbs. Her mind was blank, single out-of-context thought that went through her mind was that it's curious how in shocking moments like this one all narrative in your head stops and gives place to a deeper and much less loquacious part of your self. As he released her, the right side of her head and her cheak were now covered in a single bloody handprint.

It took her a while to shake off the initial shock and when she did the question her host asked out loud was still present in his stare. "I-I d..." - she stuttered trying to answer, quickly she closed her eyes and clenched her teeth - "I do." - she repeated in calm voice. Seeing the wild, feral flash in his eyes she instinctively wanted to step back but fought off the impulse. "My unit will join you in line from now on. I can't say what really happened last time, I was recently injured..." - she motioned towards the little star-shaped cicatrizing wound on the left side of her forehead, and mid-motion her finger caught on one of her 'hairpins', when a silly notion crossed her mind - pointless, you silly girl, this may well be the second best warrior you ever met  - she thought to herself waving the tought away and continuing - "... the monster group that injured you, I've ordered my men to form hunting parties, I've led one of them myself, the beasts are all dead. One of them would make an astonishing winter-coat, I tell you." - she laughed studying the reaction of the... half-naked huntsman lord before her, however hard it was for her. Is he suppresing a smirk? - she thought, suddenly outraged and narrowing her eyes she pointed towards the long scar going over his chest - "This one, whatever caused it, looks much worse than the other. Mind to share the story?"

- Several days later

Sounds of metal clanging on metal pierced the ears - whatever does he think - steel clanged again - I'm not one of his soldiers, I'm a noble lady - and again - I'm going to show just WHAA... - Jarra landed flat on her ass with Maura standing above her, lowering her scimtar.

"M'Lady, are you certain that's wise? I can't see what would you need that for." - Jarra's captain offered her hand - "Perhaps you could take a break. We can resume training after dawn."

Altough Maura knew her lady's stubbornness, the new scroll with written history of the first days of the Heralds of Obeah just arrived from temple in Rines, compliments of brother Imra. Jarra hesitantly complied and not an hour later she had her nose burried in the ink-scented parchments. It was already well after dusk when Maura led one of the Forest Hunters into the room: "My Lord Goriad II requests your presence, Lady Jarra." - he said, bowing slightly.
Of course he does - Jarra thought and said - "Tomorrow I move out to Rines, as per orders... his orders. Tell him I'll be... " - she looked to Maura and recalled their last meeting - "Tell him we'll be joining him tonight. Wait! On the second thought, we'll arrive there before you, so I'll tell him myself." - she stormed out the door just as she stood, without overcoat, and with scroll still in her hand.

Another meeting with Jarra?
"the monster group that injured you, I've ordered my men to form hunting parties, I've led one of them myself, the beasts are all dead. One of them would make an astonishing winter-coat, I tell you." Jarra said to him and Goriad II could not help but imagine how her blue puppets were busy slaying the beast, making loud noises while 'sneaking' up on their enemies. "This one, whatever caused it, looks much worse than the other. Mind to share the story?"

Goriad II's eyes narrowed a bit "Then where is my astonishing coat Jarra?" he said with a very slight smile on his face "And this one, it was a short battle, I think I was only 11 or so when that piece of !@#$ thought I wasn't studying my military strategies hard enough. He was perhaps the greatest swordsmen of that time and the coward self proclaimed warrior King thought it a good idea to fight a boy to teach him a lesson!"  and after Goriad II spoke these words they were both silent for a while untill gave a small pinch to Jarra's cheeck "A good thing I'm a more lenient teacher isn't it"

-- Several days later --

When Jarra arrived at Goriad II's camp he had only be warned of her approach just before she arrived by one of his scouts and as such he only had time to walk out of the tent when she arrived "Jarra, perfect timing,"  he said "Maura, please go with Sigmund, he'll make sure you have something to drink this night. Jarra, you with me"  he said, but when she dismounted her horse he suddenly noticed the scroll. "Ah you have some news for me, good, what is it?" he said as he pointed towards the scroll further inviting her in.

Jarra explained his error, that it was not a message but in stead a scroll of the faith. "I see,"  he replied, "Much of that is quite clear and can even be considered with logic only, while some of it requires faith and trust in the experiences of others. Why do you have that scroll, do you ponder some questions then?"

Roleplay from Jarra Bennet   (4 days, 7 hours ago)

"Much of that is quite clear and can even be considered with logic only, while some of it requires faith and trust in the experiences of others. Why do you have that scroll, do you ponder some questions then?" - Goriad II said pointing at Jarra's scroll.

"Oh that?" - she replied - "Oh no, that's only historical. History of the Founding of Heralds. Tells of the great battle between our Oracle and Akkan, and daimons' smithing by Obeah. There is the inaugural speech for the Veiled Goddess and her Heralds here as well. Do you think it really happened like it's written? With the overlord Akkan and enthralled daimons, and the crowd, and Her Holiness indecent, and..." - she noticed Goriad half-amused half-annoyed - "Forgive the zeal. Feeling comes with understanding, not the other way around. I have a beautiful copy of Sermon in Keffa back in my place, if you'd like to talk about Veiled Goddess, I can go and fetch it." - she grabbed her destrier by the mane and the beast neighed, but Lord Goriad stopped her mid-motion and she returned her hand.

"There is much I still don't know. Before I came to Obia'Syela I only knew reading, riding and broiding." - she said looking at her host expectantly and handed him the scroll.

Goriad II's sermon on Obeah
"There is much I still don't know. Before I came to Obia'Syela I only knew reading, riding and broiding." Goriad II escorted Jarra further into his camp, leading her away from her horse "I have a copy of that scroll with me as well. I have no reason to doubt Lady Rania would lie much, so assume the majority of that sermon is truth. Magic is strong here, but never forget the power of the sword as well or you will be dead before you found the strength of magic."

Rather than leading her to his tent and his scrolls however, Goriad II was leading Jarra away from his camp and into the treelines "Do you see these trees? They do not grow anywhere on the colonies, I know because I've been everywhere on that forsaken island, nowhere! But in the lands of Atamara they were as abundant as here," he paused for a moment "While much of this island is the same as my homeland's, there are clear differences to it. Here the daemons invaded the human world seven times now, on Atamara we did not even believe they existed, none had ever seen them. Imagine that!"

He kneeled down, took a small dagger and carefully plucked some flowers "These were my favorite back home," he said as he held the flowers near Jarra, but as she went to reach for them he took them back "Painfully poisonous of course if you know how to process them. If you boil the stem for about an hour with some stomach acids from a human the heat and acids will cause an interesting reaction with the plant and it will create a most deadly and painful poison. All you have to do then is extract it from the stem. As I said, all here is as I remember it, but here our north stops at Melegra, here many of the great southern cities are no longer here, swallowed by the ocean, all the consequences of the deamon invasions from what I've read."

He smiled for a moment as he placed the flowers in a bag "There is something about this part of the world that the daemons come here but nowhere else. Here the veil to the Netherworld is weakest. The rest is simple logic as well. We know there is another world, for it is where these daemons keep coming to strike at us, even if we kill and banish them from our world, there will come a time when they return in strength again, when the veil is at its weakest again. It is only logical that if there is one other world, that there will be others as well, such as that of Obeah. We also know that the deamons demand human worshippers and that this not only strengthens them, but also weakens the veil that keeps them in their world. So we know that the human worship to these deamons opens the way for them to come to us and thus we cannot doubt that the same will work for Obeah. If enough of us pray for her coming and weaken the veil to her world rather than to that of the Netherworld, she will come and only she will solve the issue of the deamons for all times. Her power will strengthen the veil to the Netherworld and will close their path to our world for all times. An alliance between our world and hers, to cast off the Netherworld foregood."

He looked up for a moment "You see, it is not only faith, much of our faith to Obeah is simply logic and logic cannot be refuted. The faith aspect is that we must trust Lady Rania on her world of the presence of Obeah she felt and the events in Keffa, but so many people have seen it and she swears it, who are we then to doubt it still?"

Ranting against Vahanian again
Goriad II was just finishing to get the blood of his blade which he had used to cut open the shot down beasts, not to take their coat as Jarra had suggested, but to cut off it's head and carve out it's skull. "This will make a fine ornament for the tent don't you think Sigmund?" he said with a sinister smile "Yes milord, quite fine. Also I have a letter milord, from Vahanian." The smile disappeared from his face "What does the foolish old crow want this time,"  and when he read the letter he laughed in disbelief "You have got to be freaking kidding me Sigmund, are we here at a children's feast or what? I was expected to know !@#$ !@#$ when I was 8!' 

Sigmund had turned quite, he was one of the few that knew how the education of Goriad II had been and he did not wish to remind his master of it as it would only severely sour the entire mood and escalate the situation "Not everyone knows how to hunt as well as you do milord, but should we not focus on those young enough to still learn?" Sigmund ultimately replied. His master just nodded "Perhaps we should, alright send him a reply and be done with it. We need his Templars in Ardmore."

As Sigmund started dictating a letter to the scribes in his master's name, Goriad II placed the beastial head on top his tent entrance "May you visit our enemies in their sleep"  he whispered as he walked back inside his tent.

Checking the army
As Goriad II made his way to Ardmore he ultinately arrived at the planned resting location several hours away from Ardmore. "Set up camp here," he said and while his men were still busy several of his scouts arrived one by one untill 5 out of the 6 men he employed were present. He had sent them to scout out the different noblemen inside the inquisition as was most pleased to hear that all were underway.

"Perfect!" He said as he nodded "Perfect...they might be worth their spot after all, but we'll see how the excursion goes won't we Sigmund?" He now looked over his shoulder to his captain who was ordering his men to take care of the horses. "We'll see milord, but what of this PanHilda who Erheas wanted removed?"

A grin appeared on Goriad II's face again. "Well did he have him removed already?" He replied to which Sigmund answered with a firm no "Then that's his failure not ours. As long as he's an Inquisitor he's our responsibility, so he joins where we can keep him safe" Sigmund just smiled "He won't like it," he said supressing a laugh "Ha, no I suppose he won't" his master replies joining in on the laugther.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 19, 2017, 12:48:10 PM »
Marshal vs Marshal, the great feud!

Vahanian had enough
Roleplay from Vahanian Blint   (2 days, 15 hours ago)

Vahanian was surprisingly calm for the amount of fury that his words seemed to echo. He sat in a field chair sipping tea as Baldwin handed the challenge to a messenger.

"My Lord, forgive me, but you do realize you may lose this duel." Vahanian's eyes were not focused on any single thing, but had a bit of a glossy look to them as his mind wandered.

He finally returned to himself and his eyes cleared as he looked at Baldwin. "Aye, I may. But that proves what? That Goriad can beat a man twice his age? That he has spent more time in an academy with teachers than on a battlefield fighting alongside men and women who accomplished things beyond him? Even if I lose, I win. Sure, my respect might fall a bit in this realm, but ultimately I care about the respect of two. The Grandmistress and Obeah. Beyond that they can all go to hell."

Baldwin was surprised at how sound the logic was.. He didn't know quite what to say. Vahanian took another sip of tea and said "besides, Leatho has orders, if I am to fall at the hands of Goriad II he is to hunt down and execute every living member of his bloodline. Every last one." Baldwin was a bit shocked at this. Vahanian saw that shock and grinned wickedly, "Don't worry Badlwin, Leatho is the most capable man I've ever met. He would easily cut through that family line."

Preparing for the duel
It was early morning and Goriad II stood up from his bed. Sigmund had been standing in front of his tent for at least half an hour to help his Lord ready for the duel. When he heard his master getting out of bed, he entered and was met with a slightly annoyed Lord "Calm down Sigmund, this will be only a minor hunt, no need to stress. Here take off the bandages will you," and Sigmund did as he was commanded. As he went to reach for new ones he was stopped by Goriad II :"No no, I want him to see why I got wounded these last three battles!" Sigmund looked at him "You mean by going into battle again too soon while the wound from that first battle isn't healed yet milord? I can still clearly see where the boar pierced your stomach as well as the stitches."

"Yes yes, but the stitches are holding it together again now, plus I'm fighting an old man, not some beast, relax Sigmund. Here take some wine," he said as he poured a cup himself as well. Sigmund signed, but let his master be "Milord, what armor do you wish to wear then? I suppose the..." Goriad II just stood there smiling "Do you need to ask Sigmund? Give me the light wolf armor" and then Sigmund paused for a moment "But milord, that is pure decoration, it doesn't really do anything. It won't even cover up your wound at all, it'll be visible to all and easily hit."

Goriad II now sighed and shook his head "No your place Sigmund, this is Vahanian we're talking about, why put on armor? No, I want him to see the wound, I want him to smell it even as I dance around him and make a mockery of him. Let him try to punch me here," he said as his finger went over his still stitched up wound.

When they arrived at the location where Vahanian told him to go, there were several nobles and their men present already and Goriad II was still joking around, it was obvious he wasn't taking any of this serious, he didn't take Vahanian serious. Not even when they entered the fighting pit which had now been formed by the people joining, a large circle for both men. "So Vahanian, you brought your sword and shield?" Goriad II laughed again "I'll make it easy on you old man, I'll just use these two," he said as he took out two smaller curved blades. The swords were good in quick combat, but it would be difficult to pierce Vahanian's armor with them as they were not made for stabbing, or even straight up slashing, but Goriad II seemed to be unphased. "This way you'll have a chance,"

Roleplay from Vahanian Blint   (1 day, 20 hours ago)

-Part 1-

Vahanian woke with the sun, he walked out of his tent and stretched his muscles and listened to the sounds of the early morning. He turned as the sound of boots on grass covered in dew announced the approach of Baldwin. The man handed Vahanian his cup of tea and the two stood side by side as friends on the hilltop.

"Bring everyone today, Baldwin. Armed and ready." Baldwin nodded and said "Do you expect trouble my lord?" Vahanian shook his head as he sipped tea, "I don't know, but I know enough to never underestimate Goriad." Vahanian finished his tea, went to relieve himself and returned to his tent. He began to dress, and Baldwin soon entered the tent to help strap on his lord's armor. There was not a lot of chatter to be heard in the camp, it was quiet save for the sounds of men preparing. Everyone knew what was at stake and everyone was ready.

Vahanian strapped on boiled leather and scale armor, it was lighter than plate but still offered some generous movement. It was the armor he was most comfortable in. He pulled his sword from it's scabbard and began setting to it with a wet stone, honing the blade until he was satisfied with it's edge. Baldwin cleared his throat and Vahanian said "Relax, he will not die by my hand this day. But I would be stupid to go into battle with a dull blade." Vahanian repeated the task with two of his daggers. The first was a normal curved dagger, that he kept strapped to his thigh, the second was his unique dagger he used to peel the citrus orange fruits he so loved.

When he was prepared he stood, and walked out of the tent outside, his men stood on either side of his tent, forming a long lane for him to walk down towards his horse. 20 men on either side and each of them was wearing their light leather armor, a short sword on their hips and a quiver of arrows on their backs. As he walked down the line they all nodded at him and muttered phrases like "My Lord", "Sire", "Marshal". He was filled with pride and honored to be their commander.

He rode towards the arena that had been selected, an open clearing of sand and dirt. His men filled out and formed a semi circle on one side of the arena. Shortly after that several nobles began arriving, their units of soldiers. forming the edge of the ring. Vahanian stood on one side of the ring waiting for his opponents arrival.

Goriad II arrived and entered the ring, clearly not taking the matter seriously which didn't surprise or bother Vahanian. Goriad II called out
"So Vahanian, you brought your sword and shield?" Goriad II laughed again "I'll make it easy on you old man, I'll just use these two," he said as he took out two smaller curved blades. The swords were good in quick combat, but it would be difficult to pierce Vahanian's armor with them as they were not made for stabbing, or even straight up slashing, but Goriad II seemed to be unphased. "This way you'll have a chance,"

Vahanian who'd brought a shield decided then and there he wasn't going to use it. He turned to Baldwin and handed him the shield. He walked forward and looked over Goriad II, he noticed that the man's unhealed wound was exposed. "Mistake." Vahanian thought and made a mental note. He walked forward a bit and looked over his opponent and his soldiers. Then he called out and the grounds grew quiet:

"Baldwin, should I fall and this whelp kill me, kill him first. Then I want you to kill Sigmund." Baldwin stepped forward and said "Aye My lord, t'would be an honor."

Vahanian looked at Goriad II's eyes and saw nothing but a jovial nature. He said in a quiet voice to Goriad II "Prepare yourself whelp."

Roleplay from Vahanian Blint   (1 day, 19 hours ago)

- Part 2 -

Vahanian stepped backwards and returned to his original spot, he drew his sword and took his ready stance. Goriad II walked up opposite Vahanian and took his stance. Vahanian thought back to a conversation he'd had with Baldwin on their journey to the arena.

"My Lord, he will no doubt try to goad you into making a mistake. You mustn't fall for them. He will be tricky and slippery. You need to engage and end the fight quickly. He is younger and unfortunately probably has more stamina than you. On the other side, you have the experience he does not. Use that, use what you know and trust your instincts."

Looking at Goriad II now, Vahanian knew that everything his captain had said was true. A noble from the crowd stepped forward and said "This is a fight until first blood or surrender. Combatants, prepare..... FIGHT" As soon as the noble had called out the word 'Fight' Vahanian charged forward. He let loose with an onslaught of strikes and slashes. For a brief moment he thought, but couldn't be sure he saw a flash of panic on Goriad II's face. Goriad II danced and dodged around parrying strike after strike, until he spun a way that Vahanian didn't expect, and caught Vahanian off balance. He kicked Vahanian forward with a boot on his back, and charged after him. Vahanian stumbled and a gasp went up from the crowd. He hit the sand with one knee, flung sand backwards with his left hand hoping to hit Goriad II in the face, he missed, and hit him in the chest. He spun in the sand and drew his dagger off his thigh and blocked and parried the incoming strikes from Goriad II. Vahanian stood back up and pressed the attack once more.

His strikes were targeted and precise. He wasn't wasting energy on wild strikes of brutal strength. He didn't need to. Vahanian started a feint and Goriad II went for it, Vahanian spun around the man's back and for a moment they were back to back. He continued in his spin until he was on the other side of Goriad II and with the hand that was holding his dagger he, in rapid succession, slammed the butt of the hilt and then his fist into Goriad II's exposed wound. A cry of pain leapt out of Goriad II's mouth, and his right arm dropped the sword he was holding. Vahanian faced the dazed man and with brutal strength kicked him in the chest, causing him to stumble backwards and fall to his back. Vahanian walked over and stood over the man, flicked the other blade from his fallen opponent's hand and held his sword point at Goriad II's throat.

"Right where you belong, on your back and at my feet. Whelp. Now Yield." Vahanian's voice was dripping with lethality and hatred. Goriad II squirmed in pain and stared defiance up at Vahanian through eyes that were readily fighting back unconsciousness. Goriad II didn't say anything, just stared defiance back at Vahanian. Vahanian, with all his speed and might dropped a knee onto Goriad II's wound, casuing another cry of pain and him to roll onto his stomach. Vahanian grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled his head back and whispered "I want you to know that you live this day because I allowed it. You do not have my permission to die, yet." He pushed Goriad II's head into the sand and stood, sheathing his blades and turning his back. The same noble that started the match re-entered the arena and said "Lord Goriad II is unable to continue the match, Templar Marshal Vahanian is the victor!

Vahanian returned to Baldwin and said, "Come, let us leave him in the dirt."

Goriad II's point of view
"This is a fight until first blood or surrender. Combatants, prepare..... FIGHT" He was ready to fight, well fight, he was ready to play a bit with the old man. He smiled and in his mind he was going over the different possible ways he could emberass his enemy when suddenly he was met by a sword already. Vahanian had started very aggressively and charged at him. He wasn't expecting this, but managed to parry his attack just in time and the next. Goriad II was showing off his blades and nearly danced around with them, goating his opponent still with smiles, small words "Is that all huh," and Vahanian continued and came at Goriad II  who continued as well: "trying to get me off guard huh, you're too slo..." too busy with his game, he had failed to recognize Vahanian's attack as a feint and suddenly found him back to back with his opponent failing to finish his sentence and before he ever could finish he was hit with the back of the hilt of Vahanian's dagger.

The pain he had been used to by now, it had been the same pain he had suffered the last 3 battles, still he could not ignore it and as he screamed 2 thoughts went through his head, nearly intertwining. "That old bastard, I will get him!" and "How could I be this blind, I am not him!" As he was kicked in the chest he only barely understood what was happening as the pain still held him in his grasp. Several stitches had once more opened and blood started to sip out of it after the kick, but Vahanian wasn't finished yet as he held his sword point at Goriad II's throat.

"I made the same mistake he did, I am not him!" he kept repeating to himself as he looked at Vahanian. He no longer thought about the battle, he knew he had lost, in stead he thought back to his youth. "High and mighty will he fall" it had been his motto always whenever Ginas had him beaten for whatever reason, yet now he had been arrogant himself and fallen because of it. ""I want you to know that you live this day because I allowed it. You do not have my permission to die, yet." Vahanian said and as he walked away Goriad II only mumbled "He did not have mine either, he was mine."

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 10, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »
The arrival of Empress Maya of the Shatttered Vales
All day servants had been running around in the Lord's estate in Avengmil. Farmers brought in additional food for a feast, servants running around with the decorations. Goriad II had even ordered a group of peasantry to make a flag resembling the family crest of the Tandaros family, a serpent mingled in itself with black and purple. It had been finished just in time and he had it hang behind the head of the table and placed the Gabanus family flag next to it, the Wolf, as he often saw himself as well. It was perhaps the only part of the Gabanus family which he truly liked, the only sense of belonging to what destroyed his childhood.

The dining hall in Avengmil had not yet been used under Goriad II's rule and for a long time people wondered why he had it built in the first place, but as they finished with the preparation it actually looked like a proper hall. Jarra had joined him some time ago and seemed to be in her element, much more than Goriad II. She had brought him a present, a set of blue gauntlets to which she was met with a rather surprised look from Goriad II. Normally he would have scolded anyone who did that, but for some reason he did not wish to offend Jarra and her gift. "Jarra, I do have gauntlets, I just chose not to wear them. I made the mistake of growing arrogant and misunderestimated my opponent, a mistake you can never make. My wound should have never been visible to start with, the old man has more spirit than it seemed. But I think they would look beautiful on Sigmund,"  he said as he turned to his trusted advisor. Sigmund could not reject his Lord or the lady and graciously accepted, as far as he was graciously that is. "Now, if you one that bring that coat you proised me, I shall gladly wear it,"  he said now smiling "Now, let's go meet Maya...by the way, this is important Jarra, Lady Rania nearly begged me that we use her titles when we address her. You know how I think about this, but we shall honor the request for this one time, I expect the same from my inquisitor."

As Maya arrived at the estate, located near the south of the region, Goriad II rode out on horseback to welcome her, followed by Jarra. "Empress Maya, I have heard the greatest of stories, please be welcome to Avengmil. I have a nice trip in mind." Although Goriad II had promised Rania, he refused to wear some highly ornamated dress like those pompous court nobles as he saw it. So now he war his black wolf cloths, with the wolf heads on his shoulders and knees, covered by the dark brown cloak he prefered to wear, hiding whatever else he carried along with him, but loose enough to hunt in properly.

Roleplay from Jarra Bennet   (19 days, 12 hours ago)
Jarra couldn't be more excited to meet Empress Maya. She begged her marshal to allow her delay the refit in order to greet their most august guest. Returning from a campaign her wardrobe was limited, so she chosen a simple green tunic with highly decorated blue cloak and leather gloves with dried cornflower ornaments meticulously embedded in the seams. Shortly after visiting Goriad and helping with the preparations in the dining hall the Imperial Honour Guard could already be seen approaching from afar. Lord Goriad turned to Jarra and said:

"Now, let's go meet Maya...by the way, this is important Jarra, Lady Rania nearly begged me that we use her titles when we address her. You know how I think about this, but we shall honor the request for this one time, I expect the same from my inquisitor."

Jarra demonstrated a perfect deep curtsey, and ansewered in a lowered, nearly pious voice: "As you wish, Your Imperial Highness." ending her performance with a self-satisfied smirk.

They rode out to meet Empress Maya on the way. Jarra, perfectly aware of courtly conduct, allowed the host to greet the guest first, then waited for Empress' response when finally it was her cue she bowed her head ceremonially and greeted Maya, saying: "Your Imperial Highness, it is both an honour and a pleasure to meet you. I hope you will find our humble lands most welcoming."

Roleplay from Maya Tandaros   (19 days, 10 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in the region Avengmil (4 recipients)
The white horse carried on at a steady parade march, Empress Maya riding atop in her black lamellar armor, a long violet cloak, with her black hair braided elaborately. The Honor Guard marched steadily with their shouldered spears clinking on pauldrons. Their liege looked around keenly, quiet, letting Capt Gunnar bark orders at the unit as she astutely surveyed the surroundings. Avengmil was pleasant, southern country.

Ahead, at the gate, the Empress came upon Lord Goriad and Lady Jarra. "Break!" she shouted at the unit, the front of the box opened up allowing her to ride out ahead of the Guards and greet her hosts. "Hail to you!" she said to the two, dismounting and approached the gate. "I am Empress Maya, you are Lord Goriad, I presume?"

The Honor Guard approached and presented themselves in a line. Gunnar took her steed away back to the line, all dogfaced grunts maintaining a straight and professional gaze.

Moving to the fort
"Hail to you!" she said to the two, dismounting and approached the gate. "I am Empress Maya, you are Lord Goriad, I presume?" He nodded shortly  and replied: "Empress Maya, please call me Goriad II, my titles are of no importance in this world, just my actions. Please follow me milady, I wish to show you something before we feast. Tomorrow we can hunt if you would like to accompany me." He rode out followed by both Maya and Jarra. He took them slightly further south to the bridge which connected Avengmil to Ardmore and along the road they spoke about small things, but as they neared the bridge a structure could be seen from some distance.

"It is nearly ready," Goriad II said to the Empress "A Motte and Bailey just behold the bridge, a tower positioned so for the archers that they can fire on anything entering from the south while they're still crossing the bridge and if they swim our walls will protect us further. I look forward to testing it soon, but there is something I want to show you,"  and as they approached the gate, the signiture Wolf carvings were still clear decorating the entire entrance as he had designed for the pallisade. The gate opened and the company entered the structure, but Goriad II did not stop and rode on towards the higher tower.

When the company finally arrived at the tower, they saw nothing but a huge piece of cloth covering a large section of the tower. "Lady Rania kept telling me of the battle in Ete City and your heroism, and we all know of the fall of Keffa." He dismounted his horse and helped both Maya and Jarra dismount as well and once he did he waved to the peasant and the cloth fell. Now it became obvious what he had intended to show. The entire front of the tower had large wood carvings in it On the left it showed a large city and a great many soldiers, flags of the Shattered Vale both on the walls and on the shields of the men. Then flames, daemons and evil creatures depicted on the right side, some killed, some fighting with the soldiers. "The slaying of deamons should always be shown, for when they return all the world must know how it was when they came before, and return they will if we fail."

Roleplay from Jarra Bennet   (18 days, 17 hours ago)
"Oh, how splendid!" - Jarra clapped her hands several times excitedly - "I've read about the battle in Ete City, but my imaginaiton failed to depict anything quite so graphic."

She then turned to Maya and politely enquired - "Empress Maya, what do you think? Does it give the reality justice? I would love to hear the story of your magnificent battles."

Roleplay from Maya Tandaros   (18 days, 7 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in the region Avengmil (12 recipients)
“Amazing,” Empress Maya gasped, gently touching the part of the carving depicting the explosion in the city. “The blast that consumed the Demon Lord Akkan and Rania was extraordinary and terrifying. For a moment I thought we would all die, everyone in Beluaterra. It was as if a sun rose out of the Earth itself. A cloud rose after forming a strange mushroom shape, and I still remember the uncanny silence that followed.” She turned around to see her host listening keenly, so she carried on.

“Your grandmistress and I have gone way back to the days of the kingdom of Melhed. We fought side-by-side in the Wars of Ice and Sun. Brutal hand to hand combat going back and forth in the forests for years. It was not entirely surprising that Rania decided to stand her ground, though I was surprised she seemed to disregard the order to pull out. I now see it was for a greater purpose. It was such a relief to receive news afterwards that Rania had not died, But was transported, or reborn in Keffa. The rest, well, you know.“

Maya continued telling the assembly random bits of history from D’Hara, Kindara, Melhed and the Vales while they inspected the machicolations. Her tale was sharply punctuated by horrifying howl that echoed from the horizon. “Undead approaching!” cried out a lookout above. A commotion followed as soldiers rushed to man their positions. The empress took personal command of her honor guard, leading them to the center rampart where they hung their white shields on the sharpened logs, preparing their positions with short bows. The undead appeared out of the night with savage beasts charging ahead of them as some sort of hulking Vanguard. The first volley was loosed and the battle begun, the Vales and OS resisted as one.

With victory secured, all the soldiers cheered. Everyone descended from the ramparts and celebrated, cracking open casks of ale or wine. Nobles gathered together. Maya asked Goriad II whether the undead were the hunt he had arranged, to a very polite chuckle. Just as Maya toasted with her hosts and the assembled nobility, a courier rushed through the gate and pushed a letter into the imperial hand. The seal of the Obian grandmistress was broken, and she read the short note before passing it off to her page. “Ah, sadly I must take my leave, as I am required in Rines. The Doge of Fronen has arrived for our long-awaited summit. I am humbled that our Vales are those honored in your artwork. And your hospitality is truly unparalleled – you are likewise invited to visit the United Vales to explore our forests, countryside, and various cities.” She ordered Gunnar to bring her white steed and assemble the Imperial Honor Guard. Thus they departed as they arrived, only with a smile now on Maya’s face.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 10, 2017, 10:43:57 AM »
Catching up with the leaders part I
Goriad II was a bit sad that he hadn't gotten the opportunity to see Maya hunt, but at least he saw her fight, well for a moment then as her men remained with the archers to fire. It would be safer that way while he himself led a charge with the infantry. He thought it to be a nice excercise, despite the many dead, but remained behind the fortifications the day after to see the difference that it would make. It was not really his style to hide behind a fort, but against these large hordes it was at least effective.

Several days later he arrived in Rines where the Empress had departed to, to meet the Fronen envoy and he decided that it would be interesting to see this Fronen King as well and as such he made way to the palace in Rines. He had left his men off for the day, but instructed them to be vigilent. He was planning on leaving them as militia in his new Mott and Baily, but they didn't know it yet.

An hour later he had made his way to the palace, dressed in his brown cloack again, covering the many knifes and his 3 curved blades, now made invisible. And so he announced his arrival "I'm here to see Lady Rania, you best not let me wait boy." The guard, about 50 years of age was surprised to be called a boy, but had seen Goriad II before and heard some about his reputation and thus did as he was told and escorted him to a waiting room as he went to notify Rania.

Catching up with the leaders part II
Goriad II looked up at the stairs and knew well how long it would take. If the others were already up he would not be in time. "I have no place up there anyway," he mumbled and ge notice the guard grinning and Goriad II drew one of his short blades before tyee guards could respond and held it against the guard's thigh "I will take your balls two at a time the next time you look at me that way, how about that?"

He kept the blade for a short while, withdrew it and walked home. "You are fortunate I have more important matters to attend to." And so he left the palace grounds again.

As he approached his temporary stay in the city it was clear to Sigmund that his master had grown agitated. "We move out now Sigmund bring these boys back to Avengmil, we have work to do." Sigmund did not hesitate for a moment and called forth the men and had them prepare for the travel.

Missed it!
"She's already gone...sir" the templar guard replied to Goriad II, his voice laced with disapproval at the younger inquisitor's demeanor. "The Grandmistress is hosting the Doge, the Empress, and their entourage in the Solarium-" he jerked a thumb straight up, indicating the many, many flights of stairs between them and the Oracle.

"Moon's on the rise. I expect they'll be starting soon.  If you aim to be there before they close the doors,  I recommend taking the stairs two at a time."

MEANWHILE

The Solarium was the architectural marvel of the Basilica of Rines. Placed at the pinnacle of the large central tower, the Solarium was the highest room in southern Beluaterra. The room was only accessible by a long, wide, winding flight of steps that eventually reached a trap door, now open. Upon emerging, most visitors first notice the Solarium's ceiling and learn how this room got its name. It's ceiling and walls were a latticework of bronze-plated supports and pains of clear glass forming a dome over a room abou the size of a dining hall and ringed by a circular balcony that afforded a better view of Rines to those that were brave enough to walk it. Outside, the night was alight with stars and the rising crescent moon, if not for the lanterns that had been lit for the summit, visitors to the Solarium might get the impression that they were walking among those celestial bodies.

Since the Heralds had reclaimed Rines, some changes to the Solarium had been made. The stonework had been cleaned and scrubbed, the bronze supports had be polished to a shine. An impressive altar to the Veiled Goddess rested against the Easternmost wall to greet the sun. A circular table of hasty but solid construct had been arranged in the center. The trapdoor entrance was in the southern-most part of the room.

Rania herself, glowing in her white robes and sapphire jewels, greeted Empress Maya and Doge Akrogath as they arrived. She'd had a repast prepared. It was simple fair compared to the Solarium's splendor: Cold meats, cheeses, fresh fruits and vegetables with a selection of bread and wine to wash it all down. Heralds, junior priests armed with ink and vellum awaited, doubling as as servers and scribes should the need require. Rania waited for her guests to recover themselves before starting.

"Honored guests, welcome. You have both travelled a long way to be here and meet one another for the first time. But as you know, it was necessary. Things are changing in our world and the Veiled Goddess looks upon us with expectation. We are here to discuss the creation of the Trifecta, a federation between our three realms against aggressors and a partnership to sponsor and guide the formation of new realms here in the South. Finally, there is the matter of the Angmar Bloc. As your hostess, I will conclude these proceedings with a prayer. Now then, shall we begin?"

The division of Obia'Syela
It was early afternoon when the two men, Goriad II and Signund, held a short break. The horses were placed near some grass and were given some water.

The men sat down and after reading their letters Goriad II ordered Sigmund to penn a response to the inquisitors.

"As inquisitors we have but one task: Find and convert infidels and stop those who wish to halt Obeah's return.

I realize that we've done so mostly on the battlefield so far, but that will not always be the case. Jarra is not terryfying at all, perhaps tall for a lady, but otherwise quite the opposite of terryfying exactly that will make her excell as an inquisitor if she listens and learns well.

We all have our own strengths, our own approach towards our goal. We are not all the same like those Templars."

Sigmund smiled and replied after he finished "I wonder if they get the message milord" and Goriad II smiled back "They want to be inquisitors, than they better prove themselves."

Goriad II became Judge, watch out!
It was early in the morning when the messengers arrived at his camp. Some standard reports, he didn't care for them, but also two separate ones from Rania. The first wrote that he had been appointed as Grand Inquisitor, the other followed with a request from the Oracle "Rines is in desperate need of courts in my absence. Please hold court to restore order to the city." He looked at Sigmund who read the letter, and nodded "We set travel to the capital," and Sigmund replied "Are we bureaucrats now milord?" and Goriad II could only smile: "Sigmund, you should know better by now, I am Grand Inquisitor, not Grand Chancellor, or Erheas. Send word out of our arrival to the local inquisitors, let them be ready."

When they arrived in Rines they first moved to the Temple where a group of 20 men had gathered "Inquisitors, the Oracle has tasked us to hold courts in Rines in her absence now and we shall restore the order in this city. I trust you have done what I've asked of you?" and all 20 men went down on a knee until one of them said "We have been busy mapping the heretics' whereabouts milord. Goriad II looked at them, "Perfect, then show me to them, I shall hold courts today in the streets themselves."

As the group of men entered the city they quickly walked towards the area where they would hold court today. Now that he had become Grand Inquisitor his authority had greatly increased and as such he had taken the liberty to start arming the inquisitors throughout the realm, starting in Rines. They had some light armor to protect against knife cuts and clubs, but still light enough to move swiftly as he always prefered himself. The pride of their armor however were their weapons, two curved blades, much like he carries himself, combined with two smaller blades for difficult and extremely tight spots. He also had them train with the blades two hours a day, so in time they would become most feared. In the meantime Goriad II brought some of the local militia with him as well, the Sword of the Inquisition, 40 archers of which he placed half of them on the roofs around the small square where he would hold court today.

As they arrived the archers were ready, some guarding the streets, the others on the roof ready to take down any rebel who opposed him. He sent out the 20 inquisitors into the houses to where they had tracked heretics and quickly a group of 38 people were gathered on the square. Several hundred of people heard the noice and came outside, not knowing what was going on.

"People of Rines," Sigmund begun "The Grand Inquisitor has set out to remove the rebels from among you, the heretics who would oppose Obeah and who would overthrow our great rule here in Rines," and before he finished 5 men started to attack some of the guards in one alley, knocking down 2 of the archers, but as they attempted to plunge a knife into their chest arrows started flying from the roofs, shooting down the 5 men and wounded some additional peasants who stood closeby.

Now Goriad II stepped forward "Heretics have no place in our lands and those who oppose Obeah will meet the Inquisition. Assaulting the realm's militia is punishable by death, as is opposing Obeah's coming. If you know of any heretic, make it your duty to report them. And as to you," he said as he turned to the group of 38 men and women and even 3 children "You will also tell us everything about the heretics in the area, one way or another." He smiled, "Take them to the dungeons, make them talk."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:14:53 PM by Gabanus family »

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 14, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »
The long awaited gift
It was early in the morning when Goriad II woke up. He had not slept many hours that night as they traveled from Rines to Avengmil to settle some affairs in the region and there was much to do. There was recent fighting once more, so the mess had to be cleaned up first before he could even consider ordering repairs to the walls, so he did not trouble himself with it. He had many tasks before him now, building up the Inquisition the greatest he may have ever had, but he could not fail. He had been preparing his entire life for that one event, the end of the Warrior King, the look on his uncle's face when he finally saw his better, saw his failure in Goriad II. He had dreamed of that day since he was a little boy once more struck down for failing a small detail or another, but now it was taken from him and he would have his vengeance.  "He was mine,"  he said to Sigmund as he turned around "I want the main fort of the baily to be turned into the guildhouse for the Inquisition, it will start here." 

Just as he had given those orders a horsemen approached. Out of reflex both Goriad II and Sigmund drew both their curved blades, but it wasn't needed as the horsemen unseathed and announced himself "Captain Maura herself..."  he stumbled a bit as he saw the swords, but the Sigmund interrupted him "Ah Maura, how is she? Does Lady Jarra require our aid?" but the messenger shook his head "No milords, the Lady Jarra wishes to offer you a gift and has tasked me to deliver the gift and this letter."  Sigmund took the letter and read it out loud: "Grand Inquisitor now the office you hold requires appearance, hence the promised, long-awaited gift you see before you. Not the inconspicuous rags you would favour, nor the proper noble outfit I would preffer but a suiting - I hope - compromise."

Goriad II took the gift himself and removed the cloth in which it was wrapped. A dark brown coat, the hide of a short-faced bear if he wasn't mistaken, "These are rare Sigmund, I don't think you've ever seen one have you? As kid we'd used to hunt them, but we only managed to find two ever in our lives, they are native to the southern forests of Atamara, and apparently Beluaterra as well. It's beautiful,"  he said with a smile "Tell Jarra that I will soon come to visit her and express my gratitude, but first I have some business to attend to here."

The cow theft
Goriad II walked through Cjelegy where he had a shrine built and he preached to some people in the area on Obeah's coming. It had been a long day as his morning was filled with responding to a great variety of letters and he had some more to send out to settle the new affairs he was now responsible for. It had been over a week since his last hunt due to the chaos and he grew anxcious, so he called Sigmund to him and ordered him to prepare the hunting gear, they would go with the two of them.

It was during his sermon in the maintown of Cjelegy where he saw his pray. It was tall and moved around without care for any other and was feared by those in it's proximity. It was clear that he was a man of some position within the region, but Goriad II also noticed he hit a kid during the sermon as they grew excited about his words. It was clear this man did not want Obeah's mercy, so it was now his duty to purge him and there was no more enjoyable purging than the hunt.

When Sigmund finally returned he informed his master "He has two houses, one in the country side and one in the maintown and he is a wealthy farmer with influence in the local government milord, a pretty nasty individual however, but his cows are considered to be among the best," allthewhile he showed his master on a map where the locations of his houses were. Goriad II smiled, "An easy hunt then, splendid, we don't have that much time anyway. Take some of his prized cows and bring them south of his farm to the hills here," he said as he pointed to a place on the map "I will meet you there."

Several hours later a group of about 20 men moved south, armed with bronze swords and pitchforks, hunting for whomever stole the cows. When they reached the hills they noticed the smoke of a fire and moved in its direction. Their path brought them through a small valley however and as they moved through it a boulder suddenly came crashing down, blocking their path and a man appeared on the hill with a bow and arrow. "Splendid," Goriad II said as he stretched his bow, "I have a proposal for you gentlemen. You get to live, if you kill the tall man you came to help, otherwise I will purge you all." A small fight sprung as about 16 men moved on the farmer, who was supported by only 3 others. It turned into a bloodbath and the 4 souls proved to be helpless against the greater number. When they had finished Goriad II moved away again, leaving them be "Sigmund, bring the cows to Avengmil, if they're so good, I'm sure they'll be splendid for my household."

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 16, 2017, 04:56:37 PM »
-- Here's a great double RP between Astros Renodin and Goriad II getting to know each other. Astros is one of G2's new knights...splendid!--

Meeting with his new knight
It was early in the morning when Goriad II made his way to the market square in Rines. He was dressed in the dark brown fur coat he had received from Jarra and was accompanied by Sigmund. "Are you sure he will come milord?" Sigmund asked and he was answered by a short yet sollmn nod "I told Astros to meet me here, where they sell hunting equipment in the marketplace, he'll come." So the two of them made their way to the area of the city they both have come to know so well. As he walked he was recognized by some and before long a small crowd had gatthered. He stopped and took the opportunity to preach of Obeah, the same words he had used in Cjelegy for new uninformed minds and Sigmund snickered "You're slowly perfecting this one milord," and Goriad II smiled back "Yes, who knows."

As they arrived at the stands who sell trapping snares both of them stopped for a moment, it was slowly getting crowded already. "Do we even know what he looks like?" Sigmund ultimately asked, "No, we do not, but how many nobles do you think will arrive here accompanied by armed men?"

Roleplay from Astros Renodin   (1 day, 7 hours ago)

A Fancy Fur Coat

Lounging about was great but even that had its limits. The sun had started to rise in earnest and the morning was officially beginning. Astros pushed himself off and away from the table he had been sat at. Upon it were the mostly empty remains of a rather lavish meal. Plates with pork ribs stacked haphazardly. Two nearly empty tankards of what smells like mead, a platter containing crumbs and leftover cheeses and a bowl stained with humus around the rim and bottom. He stretched his huge frame and it made his clothing taunt against his muscles. Clawing at his stubble he took two deliberate gulps of air. All the while looking around to account for all his men. The entire floor of the inn was practically filled with his boys. Each selected for their physical size and ability to wield big weapons. ''Calvin!'' Astros called out to his captain. Motioning to the innkeeper, a portly man sporting a black eye. ''Take care of the bill, will you?'' The words sounded sincere but the accompanying grin twisted them beyond their meaning.

Moments later Astros was donning himself in his brigantine armor and slung his great-sword over his back. A black handled blade longer than many a man was tall. Stepping out of the Inn and being engulfed in the day's first light Astros squinted his eyes and actually had to bend forwards as he exited through the front door. Filling out behind him were his men. They congealed around Astros like a pack of wild dogs. Very big, mean looking dogs. A triple layered, bordeaux and black belt circled his waist. From it a hefty, jingling pouch dangled alongside a rondel dagger and a small leather packed which was sealed with two straps. From the packet a strong, earthy scent permeated.

Walking down the street toward the market the waking people shied away from the company of warriors. Astros took in the sights and gave overly friendly smiles and grins to anyone that caught his eye. He was feeling particularly good today. A fine meal will do that for you. Especially one donated so generously. Licking his front teeth with an open mouth he nonchalantly grabbed an apple from a grocers stand. A single exchange of looks enough to shut the merchant up. He laughed malevolently as he recognized the man's resignation.

Coming up on the main market square in Rines Astros felt inside his pouch. His fingers confirming the Grand Inquisitor's letter was still there. ''Now what would I be wearing if I was the Grand Inquisitor..?'' He mumbled to himself. Eyes scanning the stalls and people before him. Not catching anything of interest. ''Probably some kind of fancy hat, probably..'' His hand informed him of something soft and he turned his big head to look at it. It so happened that his hand had come to rest upon a raccoon fur hat that was on display at a fur trader's stall. Astros's face lit up with childish enthusiasm. ''Always did want a furry hat of my own!'' He grinned at the man he assumed was the trader. ''Thank you for your donation to the faith!'' He promptly put the hat on his bald head and moved along. Feeling supremely confident. Only a few stalls further he took the hat off again. The jolt of excitement he felt at humiliating the trader had passed and with it his interest in the hat.

It was then that his eye caught a really fancy coat. Rich brown and hell'a furry. His large brown eyes grew bigger still. The skin on his forehead rippled like sand-dunes and his lips produced a sharp whistle. ''Oh damn! Ain't that a fine, fine coat!'' Loud enough for the wearer to actually hear him. Lazily Astros made his way to the man in the rich fur coat and his companion. Yet his steps were filled with purpose even as his arms and frame made a show of dodging out of the way of passers by and pushing goods aside that would otherwise obstruct his way. Following close behind him like an enveloping wave of water were his hulking warriors. They quickly came to flood the two men that Astros had marked out. Unbeknownst to them that they had actually stumbled upon the Grand Inquisitor himself.

The Red Moon

He had already seen the gang of brutes coming, long before one of them whistled and quite loudly said "Oh damn! Ain't that a fine, fine coat!" and Goriad II shortly shook his head towards Sigmund who had wished to take action, instead they moved on slowly, untill they were surrounded by the soldiers. Their leader walked towards Goriad II, with a huge broadsword on his back. He could not help himself but wonder how usefull such a sword would be, in such close corners. Their leader tried to reach for the coat, not knowing that Jarra had hidden pockets sown into it allover, as she knew Goriad II's tendencies by now. Before the man could good and well speak, he was stopped.

"Now now, this coat was a gift to me, as was this blade," he said and now all eyes suddenly turned to his right hand in which he held one of his three short curved blades, positioned right against the upper thigh of the big man "Do you know why they call this the Red Moon my boy?" a grin appeared on his face, "I received this from leading the Red Moon army all the way from the desert into the coastal lands of Minas Leon, a most succesful raid..." he paused for a moment "But," placing a strong emphasis on the word but, "some say it is so named because when it cuts, men cry to the moon like a wolf bitch giving birth, the only difference is that you would never have children again."

Then, as all the men were on edge, the soldiers waiting for the order to attack, the blade was lowered and put back in his coat. "Now, I know the outfits of all militia in this city and there are no foreign troops allowed either, so I assume you must be Astros. Now I have a court to hold a mile further into the city, do have your men join us." Then he turned around again to Sigmund "Sigmund, I want 20 trapping snares and 4 bear traps, do let these fine big gentlemen carry them for you."

Roleplay from Astros Renodin   (1 day, 1 hour ago)

To Each Their Burden

Then, as all the men were on edge, the soldiers waiting for the order to attack, the blade was lowered and put back in his coat. "Now, I know the outfits of all militia in this city and there are no foreign troops allowed either, so I assume you must be Astros. Now I have a court to hold a mile further into the city, do have your men join us." Then he turned around again to Sigmund "Sigmund, I want 20 trapping snares and 4 bear traps, do let these fine big gentlemen carry them for you."

~Goriad II Gabanus

The blade felt really uncomfortable upon his armor. Placed just right, between the plates that were worked into the brigantine. A move that was way too expertly executed for Astros to be comfortable with. His face a blend of a raging ocean with its stormy whitecaps and a venomous snake threatening to strike but really just wishing to retreat. His eyes following the motions of the man that was his Liege, the Grand Inquisitor. Before Astros could say anything Sigmund was already directing his men to follow. Realization dawned, it included himself. Grinding his teeth Astros complied. His shoulders tense and the look in his eyes dangerous.

The Grand Inquisitor's companion, Sigmund, was efficient in his dealings and didn't fuss over the fact that over three dozen warriors of large physical appearance gave him murderous looks. He didn't even seem rattled in the slightest. The same couldn't be said for the merchants he dealt with before instructing said merchants to hand over the snares and bear traps to the large warriors about. A casual finger indicating at random it seemed as eyes never even made contact. Astros made fists of his hands and felt anger swell in his bosom. When the whimsical finger was pointed at him however, he meekly accepted the load of a full fletched bear trap as his own to carry. To carry towards whichever destination was set, for that remained a mystery.

So Astros and his men were set to function as packmules for the Grand Inquisitor, very angry packmules. Muttering curses under their breath whenever the eyes of the Grand Inquisitor weren't looking. ''Grand Arse..'' Prominent among them.

Carnage
The marketplace was crowded, but no crowd was as interesting as the group of men near the hunting stalls. About fourty, taller than the average men, were directed by a commoner of modest posture. When looking upon Sigmund it was clear he had fought in battle, the scar running from his right eye to his right lower cheek perhaps the most prominent proof, but compared to the men he now ordered around he seemed insignificant in size and posture. When all the equipment was loaded onto the men, Goriad II suddenly noticed that Astros himself was carrying a bear trap as well. He smiled for a moment, "good" he thought, but then he yelled: "Astros, are insane, you have 40 brutes and you carry this stuff yourself? Sigmund, for the love of Obeah, pay some attention will ya!"

The group continued for about a mile towards a square located between a large number of housing blocks. It was a small square where announcements were made and the likes. "It's good to be back," Sigmund said with a smile to Astros and as just as they arrived they were met by 4 guards who carried a prisoner. The man had clearly been tortured severely and Goriad II walked towards them. "Welcome back home," he said with a twisted grin and as he turned towards Astros he continued to speak "We took this man some days ago from here during our previous court, after we had heard some reports of rebels and heretics located in this area," and he turned to the man "And now you'll point out the houses of your fellow sinners won't you?" He smirked again as he turned back to Astros "You see, we have his wife and daughters and well I promised them a swift death if he helps us, he now understands that's in their best interest."

The man pointed towards several houses within the block and described a few more slightly further away and Astros men were sent to get the rebels. Each of them returned unscathed and a total of 30 rebels were taken out of their homes, of which nearly half were women and children "Blindfold them all," Goriad II instructed and once this was done, he had the man place the bear traps on 4 corners of the square and some of the snares dangling in the alleyways leading to and away from the square.

Then Goriad II took his red moon blade moved towards one of the men and cut him from thigh up and as the man screamed from his pain, Goriad II turned to Astros, "Didn't I tell you they'd howl like bitches," and as the man screamed, the others started running away in panic, blindfolded and unaware of the gruesome future set out for them. "Run heretics, run!" he yelled "The Inquisition never rests!"

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 04, 2018, 10:23:33 PM »
Goriad II returns
It had been a tough few months as Goriad II travelled through the monster infested south of Beluaterra in search of Jarra. He had received some evidence that she may be alive, but every time he was disappointed when they proved to be wrong. In his wake he left piles of dead who had informed him poorly, or refused to inform him at all. Rumours had begun to emerge of a devil roaming the south slaughtering peasants, but fortunately they had not yet connected him to the trail. When there were no longer any clues to be had, he finally made his way back to Obia'Syela only to find that the realm had lost most of its holdings since his leave of absence.

"I warned Erheas that he should focus his forces and not push so far out, bloody fool!" he sighed, "Sigmund, get me an update on the realm and inform Lady Rania that I failed in my task, but that we did find something else of note."

An hour later Sigmund returned to his master "I bring bad news and worse, Rania is no longer present, Yxevarii now leads the realm." Goriad II shook his head "how? Well at least Yxevarii leads and not one of the idiots. I will find out myself what happened here! And what was the worse news?"

Sigmund paused for a moment "Well...well...uhm, Erheas is no longer Grand Templar.." he stuttered, "Well that's good news isn't it?" Goriad II responded "Well Sir...Vahanian took his place," Sigmund then continued "For the love of Obeah! We must make haste."

Making speed
As Goriad II moved through Ardmore on his way to Avengmil he heard more and more whispers of a trial in Avengmil and great trails of dead bodies. "Dead bodies where? You mean the ones down south?" he asked as he and Sigmund cornered a man "No milord, here and in the area, dead merchants tortured, robbed and killed. It's that devil Astros, I'm sure of it, I've seen it with my own eyes milord. In fact, I'm on my way to Avengmil as we speak by orders of the Grand Mistress' men." Just at that moment 2 guard arrived at the scene "Stay away from him, or you will face the Inquisition,"

Goriad II smiled a rather vicious grin "Perfect, then I relieve you of your charge boys," the guard looked confused "Who do you think you are giving us orders you..." then Sigmund intervened "Hold your tongue fools. The Grand Inquisitor will cut them off if you don't and I don't want to be the one explaining that to Yxevarii!" The guard looked even more confused now "Grand Inquisitor Janis does not..." but they were cut off. "Janis is releaved from her function, I am resuming my role as Grand Inquisitor and unless you want to oppose me, I suggest you hand him over now!"

The guards in the meantime had both drawn their sword, but before using them one ultimately uttered to Sigmund "Is...is that Goriad II?" and Sigmund simply smiled "It sure is boy, now ride north and inform all that we shall arrive in Avengmil by sunrise"

Turning a witness
"We will ensure you arrive in Avengmil safely," Goriad said to the man. "I also want to ensure your family is safe in case the accused has some rogue men wondering about. Where do you hail from? I will send some Inquisitors loyal to me to the house to ensure you are free to speek the truth without fear for your family's safety." The man was filled with gratitude and provided all the details to Sigmund. "We leave in an hour, this will give Sigmund time to dispatch a messenger and you some time to pack again," and by those words the man left to acquire his belongings. When he was gone, Goriad II turned to Sigmund "No trace, you hear me Sigmund. They packed all their valuables and left. Burn it all, don't let me find out that some of their richess resurfaced on the black market!" and with a simple nod Sigmund also went on his way.

They had been travelling for about half an hour when Goriad II reigned in his horse and placed himself besides the man. "So you say you have seen Astros kill these men?" he asked and the man simply nodded "Yes milord, they even screamed his name out in horrible agony." He was met with a nod, "Yes, I see, and why did he do this?" Goriad II continued in his enquiries of the matter. "I don't know milord, they say he's the devil, he kills randomly, for sport," and Goriad II started laughing "Well, I also hunt for sport my friend, but such hunting is often far from random. Further south I have encountered a pagan sect who call themselves krillians, quite an aggressive bunch and their method of entry is often to infiltrate communities and slowly convert cowards and traitors to their heretic faith. Perhaps that happened here as well?"

"No, impossible milord, I've known harald, one of the men he killed, for all my life. He would never..." but he was interrupted "Never is such definitive word and often misused. Are you certain there were not small hints that he may have been corrupted?" Again the man shook his head, "I know of none." "Hmmm, I see," Goriad II replied, "Perhaps if you think more carefully. Can you prove their innosence then? That they are not part of a sect?" The man now hesitated "That is impossible to prove milord, except for my word." Goriad II shook his head "So it will simply be your word against that of Astros, a commoner versus a noblemen. That does not bode well I fear." He said now with a small grin as he rode ahead again.

A few hours later, as the party stopped for a short break, Sigmund now approached the man. "I pity you," he said seemingly sincere. "Pity? Why milord?" was the reply of the man. "It will be the head of the Inquisition who will decide your faith and that of Astros and he is that head," he said as he pointed to Goriad II "and so far you've seem to fail to convince him." The man shook his head: "But how can I convince him? So maybe Astros goes free?" Sigmund now smilled "Not just that, if you as a commoner were found to press false claims to a noblemen, you will be executed through torture yourself along with your entire family."

It was only now that the man seemed to understand the meaning of Goriad II's words "But, how can I convince him?" he nearly begged to Sigmund, "Please, my family." Sigmund took a deep breath "There are only two ways my friend. Either you prove the innocense of the man which Astros killed, or you prove their guild and as such avoid pressing a false claim. It often happens that we as humans overlook certain signs of wrongdoing because we believe to know the other person. Have they not acted suspicious these last few years? Been to meetings, trying to alter some local policy, enter the town hooded perhaps? You have 5 hours remaining to either prove Harald's guilt or innocense and that of your own."