Author Topic: Testers Recruitment  (Read 11822 times)

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Testers Recruitment
« Reply #15: July 12, 2011, 11:19:13 PM »
I would like to help test! I have only been playing a couple months, but would consider myself quite active and have focused on issues relevant to new persons in the game in my forum posts. Because I don't have years of experience and am still finding my way, I would like to provide a perspective to the developers on how changes affect new and inexperienced players.
The Finsternis family welcomes you.

J-Duds

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 12, 2011, 11:52:24 PM »
I wouldn't mind helping out.  I played 2006-2009 when I burned out but I couldn't stay away forever and have come back.  I've done a fair amount of coding/testing/debugging for engineering projects so I feel as though I may be able to provide some insight on both the user and technical sides.  Besides, I'm always looking for ways to give back to worthy projects like this. 

Drawbacks include being FAR too comfortable and familiar with the current interface, being on east-coast usa time, and a drastically variable level of time commitment. 
"I'm a German living in Germany running a server located in Germany on a domain registered in Germany connected to a german ISP.  US Copyright Law can kiss my ass."   -Tom

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 13, 2011, 12:05:49 AM »
Having done this before, I volunteer my services.  I've played on and off since 2003, contributed at different levels, and generally not been shy about sharing my opinion.  Why test?  Because it's helping the devs, who keep helping us.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:08:41 AM by Solari »

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 13, 2011, 12:07:42 AM »
I would definitely be willing to help out.

roland.walters@abbott.com

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 13, 2011, 12:27:45 AM »
Looks like you have a good turn out but if you need one more, I would be glad to help. 

Roland

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 13, 2011, 02:35:32 AM »
Hello, been here since 2008. I am the #1 roleplayer in this game and love BM. Already a lot of potential testers here if you need an extra one let me know.  8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 13, 2011, 03:14:09 AM »
Greetings,

I would like to contribute as a tester. Been playing since April '07. I tested the War Islands and the Dream, and it seems to me like this is a great way to pay the game back for hours (days? weeks? months?) of amusement, especially since I cannot donate.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Madmonk77

• Knight
  • tiki tiki on the rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Rock-Soft
« Reply #22: July 13, 2011, 03:49:11 AM »
I can test thing out, just point it out and I'll be cheching it :D
Nico.-

"What else can happen when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object?" -- Used to be the player of Vats family. Now I'm the player of Vlad family.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 13, 2011, 04:59:59 AM »
Also willing to help out. Just say the word.
Forbes Family

Kalanar

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 13, 2011, 05:11:59 AM »
More than happy to help. Other than games by Sid Meier, this is my favorite game. Not because of what it is, but because of what it could be.

Stormcrow

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 13, 2011, 07:29:06 AM »
Hello,

I am playing the game since 2006. Having so much fun over the last years I want to help make the game even better, give something back and ease the burden on the developers.
I have the time and the urge. What else would I need  ... :-)
"If you loose one sense your other senses are enhanced.

That's why people with no sense of humor have an increased sense of self-importance"

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 13, 2011, 07:41:40 AM »
Might as well throw my name in the pot as well.

Been playing since '08. Love the game, on every day, would love to help out!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #27: July 13, 2011, 01:28:12 PM »
Wow.

Thanks everyone. This is a much bigger turnout than I expected, and more than I need at this time.

I have picked a couple testers, partly at random partly because I liked what you wrote. I'd like to be especially clear that not being picked doesn't mean anything negative, there were simply too many to choose from and I had to pick a few.

Those of you who were picked will notice a new avatar picture, well actually not avatar, there instead of the shields that thing. Also, you will see a new sub-forum called "Testing" under Development. That's where you should go.

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 13, 2011, 01:28:30 PM »
I've logged in the first time in late 2009 and I'd love to help this great game (best browser based ever IMO)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 13, 2011, 08:12:11 PM »
ok, it is apparent enough man has been reported themselves already.

i will leave my trace here if you still find out there is some need not predicted before. playing since april '09.