Author Topic: Under Debate: Share Looting Reports with the Army  (Read 3937 times)

T0mislav

Re: Share Looting Reports with the Army
« Topic Start: September 03, 2017, 06:13:08 AM »
Because looting reports indicate if there is still gold/food to be taken from a region. I don't know about you, but that's the only reason I like looting reports being shared, for the rest, I can presume damage is being done without having the specifics. Foraging for equipment works in the same vein: once enough people have foraged, or if the battle was too small, then it stops giving any rewards. It's good to know when that point is reached so that next nobles don't need to waste their time foraging for equipment, just as we don't want nobles looting for gold when the coffers are already empty.

You are obviously valuing only information that can be practically used... Some players are valuing RP part of those information as well.
You want to see information like "there is 0 gold left in the region" not for other Nobles to not waste time looting, but for other players to not waste time making their characters do something that will not have further effect (there is great difference between this two) - your motivation is not IC driven but is OOC driven making you interested only in information that can increase efficiency of performed tasks or that can have any practical use that can help you character to improve his IC position, while those information that can not help you any way but are simply RP (story) you consider as spam. Some players are seeing all information as part of the story and like to read them as a story (driven by the same motivation that makes you to read a book) which does not have to have any practical use but its greatest value is to bring you fun while reading it.