Author Topic: Too Few Nobles: A fix for noble density?  (Read 4596 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Too Few Nobles: A fix for noble density?
« Topic Start: September 08, 2017, 08:14:39 PM »
I don't think I think what I thought I understood to be proposed. :P

"Too Few Nobles" sounds a lot like "Too Much Peace", which, while it had some positive elements, was on the whole a huge fiasco. Forcing realms to denature themselves (or die) is never a good idea, imo.

Perhaps a simpler (or interim) option would be for the devs to offer the choice, without any underlying threat, to existing realms that might want to migrate. On Dwi especially, given it's terrible geography. An offer similar to what was done with the creation of Westgard. A realm that wants to migrate tells the Devs where to, and then the devs manually move the realm there, increase the pop in those regions, depopulate the old realm, and maybe give a lump sum to help rebuild infrastructure. Might be easier to manually move realms for a once-only occasion than it would be to code a whole migration mechanic where people can load region populations into caravans to march them out.

Would realms accept to migrate, though? I think Avernus stated that migration was its desire, but they aren't a problem realm. Would D'Hara, Luria, Madina, or Fissoa want to move? Because they are the problem realms. And I think they are invested into their historical homelands. If D'Hara moved to Paisly, it could still keep a large part of its historical lands, while Madina could move to Twainville and Fissoa to Chateau Saffalore and Luria to, I don't know, Dragon Song? Then Dwi would have to viable clusters of realms, with the North-East and the Mid-West, but I suspect those realms wouldn't really want to move closer to neighbors. Something tells me they are all pretty content being dull in their corners, alone...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron