Author Topic: Delaying Travel  (Read 2684 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Delaying Travel
« Topic Start: September 05, 2017, 01:10:33 PM »
Just a note that it's not a very clear mechanic right now. When delaying the status remains "travelling", switching it to "delaying" would allow people to visually see much clearer that they are delaying (or not). Even on the travel page, when delaying, the link to delay is still there, as if you are not delaying at all.

There are often screw-ups with delaying and I think some of those things probably contribute to it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Delaying Travel
« Reply #1: September 05, 2017, 01:21:59 PM »
The link to delay is still there: You are absolutely right, we should delete it in case you're already delaying. (Actually, I already made the change on a test environment)

Adding a separate status for 'delaying' has a lot more impact. The travel page clearly says you're already delaying though.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 05, 2017, 01:26:34 PM »
The link to delay is still there: You are absolutely right, we should delete it in case you're already delaying. (Actually, I already made the change on a test environment)

Adding a separate status for 'delaying' has a lot more impact. The travel page clearly says you're already delaying though.

How much? I remember when it was first implemented, I would always double check a ton of times, because the game implied it hadn't worked and that I wasn't truly delaying. Now, I've gotten somewhat used to it, but it really seems like a lot of people get played.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 05, 2017, 01:35:20 PM »

Actually, it's quite easy and I've just successfully tested it.

I'd just need to make sure it's also showed on the account page.

That is, if this 'feature request' is approved by Delvin or Ethan. But I don't see why not.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 05, 2017, 01:45:17 PM »
I think I made the necessary changes to also show on the account page (both old & new) and on travel page (+delete delay link there).

I could push it for approval of Delvin later.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 05, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »
This seems reasonable. A simple change that betters the player experience. I hereby approve.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 05, 2017, 07:16:04 PM »
You guys are great  ;D

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 05, 2017, 10:30:38 PM »
It's one of the many changes that are ready and just waiting for approval (of code changes), merging & pushing live :-)

Which will happen whenever the 2 Gods have time to do so! ;)

It was a good suggestion, deserves a quick response!