Author Topic: Darfix Portal  (Read 23515 times)

Zakky

Re: Darfix Portal
« Reply #15: September 22, 2017, 09:28:32 PM »
Astrum asked for our help last time around, and we said we'd give it... we really did mean to. :/

Astrum as a whole is a tough nut. Very defensible. Don't be too cocky for Eidulb, though. Your densities are fair so you should be okay, but if the monsters decided to slam there en masse? 20k after 20k after 20k after 20k... or more? Sure you've got walls, but you can't repair them when there has been battles. The monsters' forces aren't limited by gold, they will keep on spawning huge numbers until they've done enough harm to the human realms. Attrition could very well make you lose Eidulb, especially if you've got an undefeated enemy in the East and that monsters also start swimming to those parts.

That's what exactly happened when the code was working properly. In 5 days, the city got attacked by 140k CS. 20-40k a day since scattered monsters recovered and came back to hit again. The wall started to take damage and it almost went down to lv4 at some point. Had to actually send our mobile army to push them out of the city to EO. Ended up fighting 80k outside of Eidulb to give the city time to repair the walls. Wasn't that hard to be honest. Westgard asked for help with Ammando but we couldn't move from EO so had to ignore them pretty much. Did help them after a refit. Everything went alright. I don't know what Astrum's current setting is but back then Astrum had mainly archer,MI and ranged SF. So we were grinding everything that was thrown at us before they could even touch us.

P.S: The fix has finally arrived it seems. I wonder what will happen now. Don't think monsters will funnel that badly. I don't know which part of the code was broken but if only the movement part was broken, they probably spawned a lot so you guys will probably see some big monster groups soon.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:12:49 PM by Koitalike Family »