Author Topic: Darfix Portal  (Read 23706 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Darfix Portal
« Reply #45: October 05, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »
The GM/mods/titans interface/toolset is what is used to do portal events.

But given that that toolset basically gives you god-like power over the entire game, there are very good reasons to restrict it to just two people.

To clarify:

The GM toolset (which has been used by the GMs running invasion factions on BT, and the GMs running the Zuma on Dwilight) is fairly limited. It allows only a little more power than a regular player has access to.

The Titan toolset is entirely structured around Titan cases. They have no other job or power beyond those.

The tools used to handle portal events are actually the admin tools that only Tom, Vita, and I have access to. They grant near-complete control over the game—which is a little redundant to say, when you're talking about the people who already have direct access to the game's code and it's database, and could edit either directly to achieve any result we wanted. The admin interface is just there to streamline common tasks. Like handling portal events.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan