Author Topic: Darfix Portal  (Read 23704 times)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: Darfix Portal
« Reply #45: October 05, 2017, 11:22:45 PM »
How about supervised control? I have no idea how admin interface looks so I have no idea if it's doable, but it should be doable in most cases (altough overly complicated and work-intesive in a lot of cases):

Make senior and junior instance of user, say: admin and gm.

Admins can execute the stuff they do in admin panel, gms can submit the requests. Admins can later accept the requests and making the stuff go live.

Rationale - it's much less job to click "yes" and accept portal event than make portal event happen.

PS. This:

To clarify:

The GM toolset (which has been used by the GMs running invasion factions on BT, and the GMs running the Zuma on Dwilight) is fairly limited. It allows only a little more power than a regular player has access to.

The Titan toolset is entirely structured around Titan cases. They have no other job or power beyond those.

I was unaware. It's pretty cool. And it makes me wonder then why oh why is Vita the only Daimon guy... They should make more of Vitas, Vitas are fun.

_________

EDIT:

What do portal events do? They send a continent-wide message and create/update stuff in DB. You would need a mechanic to prepare sql statements and write them down in .txt, read from .txt and display it in friendly format and execute statements after admin's review. Another .txt for game messages. It's actually less complicated than I initially thought.

EDIT 2:

I'm assuming that battlemaster is PHP & SQL (mySQL, postgres etc.), I don't know why I keep assuming that.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:29:46 PM by MTYL »
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)