Author Topic: Food in limbo in the market  (Read 2305 times)

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
Food in limbo in the market
« Topic Start: September 19, 2017, 07:43:52 PM »
In Vix I set up some realm-only food offers to shuffle things around. However, some of them appear to be stuck in limbo - on the regional food status page I can see that the listings are on the market, but when I go to the market for any region I can't see those inter-realm offers, so I cannot cancel or accept them.

I've done this loads of times before with no issues - any thoughts on what could be happening?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Food in limbo in the market
« Reply #1: September 19, 2017, 07:47:13 PM »
Are you close enough to those regions to actually see/accept their offers?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 19, 2017, 11:24:36 PM »
I was trading with a number of other regions in Vix successfully - but perhaps some of our regions were over the line, I'm not sure. Strange that I could set up the sell offers but then not see them afterwards though, but perhaps that is intentional.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 20, 2017, 01:25:37 AM »
I was trading with a number of other regions in Vix successfully - but perhaps some of our regions were over the line, I'm not sure. Strange that I could set up the sell offers but then not see them afterwards though, but perhaps that is intentional.

"Intentional" might be a bit of a strong word, but after looking at it for a while, we've decided it's not exactly a bug, either.

There's some clarifying text coming the next time we send an update live (which should hopefully be soon, but I won't promise anything...).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 20, 2017, 08:21:52 PM »
Sounds good, thanks!

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 24, 2017, 12:01:19 AM »
I actually fixed more than just some 'clarifying text'. What bankers can and can not see has also changed, and should include those exact offers you mention.

In reference to bugs:
http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=9128
http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=8697

There has been a fix proposed by me, but yet needs to be reviewed/approved/merged by Delvin.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)