Author Topic: Ingénue - Jarra's Bildungsroman  (Read 4836 times)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: Ingénue - Jarra's Bildungsroman
« Topic Start: September 23, 2017, 10:22:51 AM »
From Roleplay of Goriad II Gabanus

[...]

"As you write the letter, I think I'll be looking for lady Jarra. According to one of the scouts she has arrived. Her banners were spotted a bit south of here near an open plain, joining the main camp. We should teach her not to do that too often Sigmund, she'll make herself a target."

And so Goriad II rode towards Jarra's camp. He was hardly wearing any armor, but was rather dressed in a black cloack, which covered his 3 raiding blades, his throwing knives under his sleaves and a blowpipe just behind his right shoulderblade, with several poisonous darts lightly sown into his collar.  By the time he arrived at her camp he unseated his horse, a proud and loyal beast he brought from Atamara itself. He tapped the horse on his back so he would run towards the camp, which startled the guards, a horse with no rider, and most of the followed the horse. This allowed Goriad II to sneak into the camp to greet Jarra, nearly privately, save from most likely her captain and perhaps 1 or 2 guards. Normally he would have quickly killed the guards, but today he came with good intentions.

Roleplay from Jarra Bennet

"So you're saying that when the Blue Fist smashes the Daimons or undead, or whatever we're fighting right in the face, they will already be scattered due to many volleys of arrows, and I will be behind the line anyway, so no need to worry, right? Do I follow?" - Jarra asked her captain curiously but then noticed that she's distracted with neighing sounds outside and soon shifts her attention above Jarra's shoulder to the entrance of their tent.

Young Lady swiftly turned around and scanned the visitor with her eyes. It was a cloaked man, roughly twice her age, dressed in dark colours. She then turned back to her captain and said:

"Maura! I told you already not to receive your scouts in my tent! I just had my boots cleaned. Do you know how hard it is to clean the mud off lamb leather?"

"But m'Lady, he's..."
"Yes, I'm sure he's very capable scout, he certainly looks very imposing, but he would be equally capable outside, I believe?" - Jarra cut her off in mid-sentence, but Maura continued persistently:

"M'Lady, what I wanted to say is that he is a nobleman. Sir Goriad II Gabanus, I believe." - to that words Jarra suddenly envied her captain's strong, motionless, dark effigy of a face, for she felt the skin of her own face getting as red as the finest Nothoian wine, radiating heat in the process, and her eyebrows twitching uncontrollably.

"That's preposterous, how would you kn..." - now she didn't get to finish the sentence as her captain cut her off:
"Our scouts don't use horses for the same reason bandits don't use horses - too expensive to purchase and too expensive in upkeep. And certainly neither our scouts not the ones of other Lords would use deception to get into our camp, common men get beheaded for such tricks. Altough not of the finest silk, the cloak of our guest is very well made and dark, inconspicuous clothes for a noble who wants to travel all by his lonesome are much better choice than a blue dress..." - saying that Maura looked at her lady making sure that she didn't caught the allusion and continued - "As for the precise identity of our noble guest - only Sir Gedrid and Sir Goriad are roughly that age, and Sir Gedrid is presently in Avengmil. It's all common knowledge to noble commanders and their captains." - saying that, Maura bowed slightly towards Sir Goriad II and finally let go of the hilt of her scimtar, making Jarra realise that she was ready to unsheathe it the second she heard the horse outside.

Young Lady exhaled, still facing away from Sir Goriad and after a couple long seconds turned to face him:

"Sir Goriad. How splendid to finally meet you in person. Your letters suggested that you'ra a rather extraordinary person, but I failed to imagine quite how extraordinary in fact. Please take a seat."
Jarra waved around and shouted some commands, having wine, cheese and fresh fruits fetched, while Maura had guards posted outside the tent, leaving her lady and her guest to their privacy.

Roleplay from Goriad II Gabanus

Goriad II looked amusingly as the young lady and her captain went back and forth, untill Jarra too understood who he was and she welcomed him, offering him a seat. "Goriad is my father," he said just as the captain left "but she's a keeper you know, not all captains have their whits about them I can tell you that," he continued with a smile, but rather than to sit down he walked towards Jarra, looked her in the eye for a moment and then walked around her in a circle, examining every part of the young lady, her perfectly clean boots, her fine clothes and a relatively tall length for a women, making her about as tall as himself, but he could spot no weapons. Jarra was still nervous and the twitching of her eyebrows had yet to stop and Goriad II walking around her, closely, no doubt did not aid in putting her at ease.

He had been silent for a while as he examined her and then suddenly made a sound "Allow me, milady" he said as he approached her from behind and took her hair in his hands. Jarra was nearly frozen, but Goriad II made no further inappropriate moves, but only put up her hair. He placed one hair pin after the other in Jarra's beautiful fawny hair, untill he had created a nearly perfect knot, held up by an array of about fifteen hairpins which were shaped in a nearly perfect circle. As Goriad II finished he walked towards the chair she had offered him and he sat down. As he had taken his seat, he pulled out a throwing knife from his sleeve and held it in the hair "Now for step 2, let's teach you how to use them."

Jarra had a confused look on her face and was entirely obblivious to what Goriad II in reality had actually done. She felt her hair, and touched the hairpins and no doubt wondered why this strange noblemen had just spent two minutes redoing her hair, her beautiful hair. "Hehe, that's one of my sister's tricks, few if any will know of it," he continued as he leaned back "No guard will touch such a beautiful noble lady like yourself, especially with those rediculous fancy blue gauntlets and you are showing everything, meaning there are no places for you to hide weapons, none will search you and so none will ever suspect you to bring 15 throwing knives with you, now will they?"

Roleplay from Jarra Bennet

Jarra looked as Goriad II circled her watching her intently. Is he trying to charm me or take a measure of me - she thought. For a lingering moment she felt like a riddle someone's puzzling over, and she couldn't help but glance several times at her curious guest. He was not classically handsome but you couldn't say that he's ugly either. Certainly he had manly features, what with his nose clearly being at the wrong end of a clout more than once, his rough hair and those sapphires of eyes looking right through her.

Don't be quiet girl, you're making a fool of yourself, look at him, this man is a warrior, he's not here to do your hair, he clearly came here to talk about strategy and war, and battles, and swords, and pikes, and perches, and trouts, and... n-not the trou...

"Allow me, milady" said Goraid II - interrupting her stream of thoughts and taking a hold of her hair - as she frozen completely dumbfounded. After a couple of minutes Jarra felt her hair heavier than usually, much heavier. She heard him saying about learning how to use them - this man must be insane, I don't need to know how to use hairpins, my servants do my hair for me, and as it appears sometimes mysterious knights do my hair for me, but I... she felt her hair and found very slim but surprisingly comfortable handles, more than dozen of them. She looked at the knife Sir Goriad II held and immediately understood. Jactosh's heel! I have whole armory on my head! - she was unsure if she hadn't said that out loud, she couldn't tell from her guest's reaction. He laughed briefly and said:

"... that's one of my sister's tricks, few if any will know of it. No guard will touch such a beautiful noble lady like yourself, especially with those ridiculous fancy blue gauntlets..." - she looked at her gauntlets, I won't take fashion advices from a men in black cloak - she thought as Goriad II continued - "... and you are showing everything, meaning there are no places for you to hide weapons, none will search you and so none will ever suspect you to bring 15 throwing knives with you, now will they?"

She took a brief while to ponder.

"So..." - she reinforced her pose and made the best attempt of appearing completely unsurprised - "so I assume you're going to teach me how to handle those knifes, -ehm, daggers? I have to warn you, I'm not completely green, I've watched Maura train the other day and I know just how t- HYA!" - she attempted to slide one of the blades out of her hair and point it at the cloaked knight with a preposterous battle shout, but she just slipped her fingers off the blade instead of handle and ended up cutting her fingers and almost hitting Goriad in the face. Her confident look immediately slipped off her face as her cheeks started radiating red colour once again. She could barely hear one of the guards through the embarrassment - "M'Lady, are you allright?!"

"I'm fine!" - she shouted at her guard and sucked at her finger to stop the bleeding. She then turned to Goriad II - "Sir Goriad, I don't believe there's much to be hunted in field tents. I think we should better continue it somewhere more private. Maura says we should be breaking camp before long, won't you invite me to accompany you during the travel?"

Roleplay from Goriad II Gabanus

"so I assume you're going to teach me how to handle those knifes, -ehm, daggers? I have to warn you, I'm not completely green, I've watched Maura train the other day and I know just how t- HYA!"

Goriad II made a quick movement as a simple reflex and blocked Jarra's attack with his left hand while with his right hand he quickly drew a small pointy dagger from his waste, but managed to stay his hand about half way through the motion, realizing he was not at risk here. Before Goriad II could say a word however a shouting from the guard came and the reply from Jarra "I'm Fine!" she yelled after which she sucked her finger as she apparently cut herself.

He chuckled a bit, a thing he did not do often, but this mix of ladylike innocence, the blushing and the failed attempt to impress him were quite amusing to him. The chuckle lasted for a couple of seconds during which Jarra attempted to change the conversation ""Sir Goriad, I don't believe there's much to be hunted in field tents. I think we should better continue it somewhere more private. Maura says we should be breaking camp before long, won't you invite me to accompany you during the travel?" Once she finished he stood up, kneeled in front of the young lady and took her hand. He sucked out the last bit of blood from her finger before he tore a small piece of cloth from his undergarment and placed it around her finger.

He chuckled again, "You'll cut yourself a few more times. If you're afraid to do so then hunting is no matter for you," and he stood up and lifted up his shirt, showing a scar which ran from just below his shoulder all the way to his stomach "often it's someone else however trying to cut you." He smiled again as he thought back to the battle the got him the scar.

"It would be my pleasure if you would accompany me, but would Maura let you leave with such a dangerous man as myself?" he said as he smiled again, it seemed he was in an unusual good mood, a thing he did not quite notice, but Sigmund had. Sigmund had followed him to the camp a bit later as several letters arrived, including two from Vahanian, but upon hearing his master chuckle he decided it was best not to sour the mood with such matters, by now he knew better. And so he waited a bit outside together with Maura, who knows what they were talking about, but when Goriad II and Jarra walked outside the tent he greeted his Lord and informed him that the men were ready for travel. "Good Sigmund, if Maura will allow us, I will take Lady Jarra ahead of the army for a short while."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:25:54 AM by MTYL »
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)