Author Topic: Can graphic violence or sex in Role Plays become unacceptable in BM?  (Read 10341 times)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Obscene or not, the first thing I've noticed about that RP is that it's very well written. Hell, I'm not sure if I'm this eloquent in my native language as this guy is in English.

And regarding graphic violence and sex - in my humble opinion there should be a system that would allow you to mark your RPs as such and they wouldn't be visible in news section unless you click at them (something like spoiler mechanic on forums). Shouldn't be too hard to implement and would allow both innocent children and people who enjoy going to the darker place enjoy the game.

For me personally this dark medieval realism that blossoms in some RPs is one of the best things in battlemaster. I never seen any censorship in BM before and I would be very disappointed  to see it. There is rare quality to ruthlessness in storytelling.

And that particular RP was very "safe" in my opinion. It wasn't something his character commited or any other PC, it was something observed. Of course OOC it was all born in this player's mind, but IC there was noone to put responsibility on. And even as such it wasn't that graphic.

If that's where we draw the line as a community, then very big part of this community will find itself on the wrong side of that line.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)