Author Topic: Can graphic violence or sex in Role Plays become unacceptable in BM?  (Read 10491 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
I think the rule about playing as if playing with friends at the dinner table applies here, if someone (or in this case three someones) say they don't like that sort of RP, don't do that sort of RP around them in the future. Not only are there young players, but players who suffered sexual violence who would rather not read that sort of stuff in a game where they came to relax and have fun.

Aramon, I am one such person. Rape-torture survivor, former volunteer sexual abuse group counselor. Major PTSD from the age of 6-7, struggle with lifelong flashbacks, anxiety attacks, the whole nine yards and then some... I for one see no problem with this RP, as it is both describing exactly what these methods of brutal takeover imply, and it was done in a manner entirely parallel to actual historical accounts. I feel it is vital in reminding us that brutal tactics are in fact BRUTAL. Not noble. Not just. Not fair. Not kind. Not liberating. BRUTAL. That nobles and governments who engage in such behavior should be condemned IC, where ethics demand a reaction as dictated by one's culture.

You want bad? Read up on the treatment of the Celtic Queen Boudicca by the Romans. *shudder* There's also a reason why the vast majority of living Asians share the blood of the Khan dynasty. Mongol Empire raped and pillaged most of the known world before converting from Tengri to Islam and settling down.

Not to mention, you did not complain when whats-his-face did those torturing, maiming, and sadistically murdering peasants then wearing their flesh as ornaments RPs that one guy did when I first formed Xavax. That stuff was way worse in comparison... Just saying.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)