Author Topic: Social Media  (Read 13782 times)

Crownguard

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Social Media
« Reply #15: September 27, 2017, 10:28:26 PM »
Having checked Battlemaster's Twitter and Facebook social media feeds I am not surprised there was zero traction from the previous social media efforts. We can do so much better with the talented folks we have in game.

The rewards for involvement need to be decent if we want it to ramp up, continue and flourish. I understand the BM player history of non-involvement. It is simply easier to login, do your turn and go about your business.

But, what if we gamified the involvement? Initially, we kind of handle involvement the way it is handled on these forums with "Peasant" or "Grand Duke" titles in a list like we have most famous and wealthy families in-game already. Depending on the level of involvement and or number of social media posts, players receive rewards just as pointed out previously as in-game rewards of scrolls, unique items, etc., but as we move forward the knowledge is made openly available that there is a greater reward system being built where participants have access to a small continent - maybe a clone of the Colonies or War Island. Or if that is too much, then additional character slots or a single character per continent restrictions lifted. Or perhaps that special continent allows for two characters per family again to help fill in gaps. None of this should detract from the existing game of course and should someone cease participating in the social media campaign, they lose their bonuses.

I'm trying to not involve a lot of new code or dev time with these ideas, but I don't see any way around some time being necessary.