Author Topic: Message group size too small  (Read 16580 times)

Purrcious

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Message group size too small
« Reply #15: October 09, 2017, 05:11:59 PM »
If you're trying to add more than a certain percentage of your realm to a message group, to the point that you're hitting the message group size limit, then you really need to be asking yourself, "Why does this need to be a message group? Why am I not just sending these messages to the entire realm? Why am I deliberately and repeatedly excluding a very small number of realmmates from these messages?"

If you can give me a very, very good reason, that is not due to a highly specific weird thing you're trying to do with your realm, but generalizable, I will consider adjusting the message group size limitations.

This only tells us what we need to do when we hit the number and then asks us for a reason.

If you want a Lords only senate message group then create a guild called "Senate of Fronen" in the capital city and get the lords to join it. If you're talking roleplay considerations then surely having a dedicated senate "building" in your capital is even more appropriate than a message group anyway?

But again, in my experience, locking regular knights and nobles out of important realm discussions is a great way to bore them and make them apathetic to the realm.

You can also create lords only referendums if you want to vote on something, or have votes cast publicly within your guild.

This actually tells us what we can do in our current predicament. Thanks!

One Scenario, If you are in a True Democracy government and all the discussion (military and economic) are held realm-wide then you are open to spying (though one can argue that it doesn't exist in this game or in this small playerbase) but then with a huge Message Group you can include the whole realm and gate the newly created accounts (while still having him see the standing orders) for a time until you're convinced he can be brought to the message group. Again, one can argue that this is the inherent weakness of that type of government and can actually be worked-around again with building a guild. Not mentioning the role-playing reasons.

So yeah, Purrcious guess building a guild is the answer and inevitable.
Calm like a Tiger, Quick like a Cheetah, Fierce like a Lion,
Silent like a Puma, Agile like a Jaguar, Lazy like a House Cat!